Status
Not open for further replies.
The team I expect NP to pick:

Weale
Neilson Hobbs Brown Berner
Oakley King Wellens Dyer
Howard Fryatt

Subs: Logan, Morrison, O'Neill, Adams, Gradel, Waghorn, N'Guessan

He'll want us to go there and play it tight and tough. I expect he will also keep faith with King and Dyer based on his attitude towards them last season. If we avoid defeat, I'll be very pleased.

I don't why all the doom and gloom, just because we are playing a side managed by Roy Keane. He's vastly overrated. Paul Ince is a great manager as well, apparently. His side lost 4-1 to Swindon. Who have we got to get past - Gareth McAuly. He's a League One player and no more. We will win 2-0 and Keane will leave his post before Xmas

I don't why all the doom and gloom, just because we are playing a side managed by Roy Keane. He's vastly overrated. Paul Ince is a great manager as well, apparently. His side lost 4-1 to Swindon. Who have we got to get past - Gareth McAuly. He's a League One player and no more. We will win 2-0 and Keane will leave his post before Xmas

I haven't checked but has anyone actually mentioned us losing as Keane is incharge at Ipswich? I am sure it's more to do with us not doing well at Portman Road over the last few years.

I haven't checked but has anyone actually mentioned us losing as Keane is incharge at Ipswich? I am sure it's more to do with us not doing well at Portman Road over the last few years.

And what exactly does the last few years have to do with anything?

Do you think Dyer, Wellens, Fryatt etc give a flying shite about the last few years?

Do you think Dyer, Wellens, Fryatt etc give a flying shite about the last few years?

I was posting regarding what other have said not what I think.

Personally I believe we will win tomorrow.

Leicester had never played outside the top two divisions in their history, so there was no way that we were going to get relegated two seasons ago! Same sort of logic applies to the obstacle that we people perceive we have to overcome at Portman Road. I'm not saying that we are definitely going to win, but I really see Ipswich as a mid table sort of side a la Swansea, Sheffield Wed etc

I think we'll win this one, cue hysteria about promotion!

When we lost 6-1 there it was also our third match of the season, after winning at home on the first day of the season then away in midweek.
But we still went up that season. So some people might be hoping we lose 6-1 again...

The 6-1 match was on a Sunday because Ipswich had played a UEFA cup match on the Thursday.

i never look forward this fixture, normally ends in defeat. however, i have more confidence in this team and management, i fancy us to get something. the goose (my nickname for n'guessan in the hope of a future 'feed the goose and he will score' chant) will tear mcauley apart in the second half. 2-1 to us. come on leicester!

2-2 draw

McCauley to score an own goal (and maybe one for them too)

Wellens to get our other one

Last edited:

Fryatt might try to put them out of his mind, but there's no way he won't care.

i never look forward this fixture, normally ends in defeat.

I always quite like it going in - partly because it's one of the few away matches I go to each season and you see it change over the years. But I think it's also because the ground reminds me of Filbert Street at times.

But there again, the number of times I've felt like shit walking out at the end....

From the days of Alf Ramsey through the Booby Robson years and beyond Ipswich have always seemed an admirable club. How sad that they have brought in the baleful influence of Roy Keane.
I presume that Neilson will play. I would also expect Nigel to start with Fryatt though with Waghorn coming on in ther later stages. It does seem to me that both Dany and Nicky Adams are more deserving of a starting place than Andy King.

Again, I'm at work for this one.

Will be trying to keep in touch with scores while I'm there again, and hope to see a win :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669