Ipswich Town - 3pm - 15/08/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Kick Off:

3pm

Tickets:

We have been allocated 1900 tickets for this fixture.

Adults - £31
Senior / Student / Under 22 - £22
Under 16 - £11

Tickets are currently on sale to Season Ticker Holders. Members will be able to purchase tickets from Thursday 6th August, and General Sale will commence on Friday 7th August.

Fox Travel:

Fox Travel coaches will depart at 9am.

Adult STH £16
Adult non STH £19
Concession STH £14
Concession non STH £17

Directions & Parking:

Approx 125 Miles - 2½ / 3hrs

Leave Leicester via A6 and head towards Kettering. Take the A14 and follow all the way. On arrival to the Ipswich area, leave via the A1156 (Bury Road) and follow towards Ipswich Town Centre. As you approach the town centre, keep on Norwich Road, which quickly turns into St Matthews Street. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit and join Civic Road. Go straight over the 1st roundabout, and take the 3rd exit at the 2nd. Join Princes Street and the ground will be on your right hand side.

There are a couple of pay and display car parks on Portman Road, alternitively city centre parking is about the only other option. Street parking is extremely limited around the ground.

Trains:

National Rail suggests going via London. A super off peak return will set you back a whopping £74.00.

I personally suggest going via Peterborough. Take the 09.50am service from Leicester, arrives Peterborough 11.16am. Then take the 11.45am service from Peterborough, arrives Ipswich 13.27pm. Returning on the 18.02pm service from Ipswich, arrives Peterborough 19.37pm. Then take the 20.10pm service from Peterborough, arrives Leicester 21.35pm.

Purchase an off peak day return Leicester - Peterborough = £18.00
Purchase an off peak day return Peterborough - Ipswich = £16.90
Total: £34.90

Pubs:

The majority of the pubs around the ground are 'home fans' only. The Station Hotel, directly opposite the train station allows visiting supporters.

I used to live in Ipswich,the pubs in the Centre are mostly ok or were when I lived there.The Station Hotel was my local...it was a pisshole,don't know if it is anymore.There is a retail park near the ground,don't know if you can park on there

I used to live in Ipswich,the pubs in the Centre are mostly ok or were when I lived there.The Station Hotel was my local...it was a pisshole,don't know if it is anymore.There is a retail park near the ground,don't know if you can park on there

Ive only ever been to the Station Hotel. Yes it was a dive, but it's been about 3 years since i've been, so could have been refurbished by now?

Most retail parks allow you to park for a couple of hours free of charge on the basis you are shopping within the shops on it. They now nearly all have a 3rd party companies on site, noting down registrations and clamping anyone who over stays the permitted time.

Last edited:
Ive only ever been to the Station Hotel. Yes it was a dive, but it's been about 3 years since i've been, so could have been refurbished by now?

Most retail parks allow you to park for a couple of hours free of charge on the basis you are shopping within the shops on it. They now nearly all have a 3rd party companies on site, noting down registrations and clamping anyone who over stays the permitted time.

I once saw someone actually come through the window at the Station Hotel when I was walking over the road.Like I said the pubs in the Centre are ok,don't mind Ipswich,decent place.

Just found out that there is a family enclosure for away fans with adult tickets £26 and u16s at £8.

The OS are reporting that less than 200 tickets are left for this fixture.

Tickets will be available on the day of the game, however they will cost £2.50 more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566