Match Thread Ipswich v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ipswich look a shadow of the side I saw against Norwich a couple of weeks ago.

We're not playing great but look so comfortable. It's not a great advertisement for the quality of the Championship but who cares.
There's been some fabulous defending at both ends and some of the movement has been sublime. The passing from both teams however has been shitty for the most part.

Good half from us, especially considering that Ndidi and KDH are a complete ****ing mess.

Coady has also been very poor, and we look a bit of a bombscare defending set pieces

Mavididi, Faes and Daka, however have been ****ing excellent

I'm going to regret saying this but ****ing hell, Ipswich are bang average.

I would be happy for the second half to be goalless

Pretty even. We've looked very dangerous going forward but a bit sloppy with our passing in the defence/ defensive midfield areas...

Yeah it can all change in the blink of an eye and we’ve been below our best but **** me, how have they kept pace with us so far? They’ve had an almost unbelievable start and yet they look like your average Champ cloggers. Couple of decent attackers but limp as **** everywhere else.

As usual we need to tighten up and find a clinical edge but we’ve got no excuses for not putting our foot on the gas and leaving these for dead.

I'm going to regret saying this but ****ing hell, Ipswich are bang average.
They look like they can turn it on at any time. I think I heard the commentator say they've scored in every game this season so far.

They've got the home advantage, can be aggressive and will put us on our arse if we're don't stay focused.

Having said that, we're much better than them. They'll be all guns blazing after HT.

Second goal please!

Yes, I am halfway into a bottle of sauv blanc as it happens. Happily the team are paying more attention.

I said it earlier, we have to keep Burns quiet. Everything Ipswich are doing well is coming through him.

We could also do with Ndidi and Coady stepping the **** up.

We're under pressure and then we move like that and I think that there'd be many PL teams that wouldn't be able to cope with us at times.

We are just pissing away possession way too easily.

4 goals in 4 games and I still can't take Daka seriously with some of the **** ups he continuously makes...

Our two higher central midfielders are playing a good ten yards further up the pitch than they usually are. They're often ahead of the wingers.

Maybe why Ndidi has been so off it and Casadei better suited to the role.

Ndidi not been great but I always feel he knows what needs to be done. Big job for Casadei for the remainder of this half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566