It's always darkest before the dawn....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wombat

Come on lads - what ever happened to the 'Foxes Never Quit' spirit?

As a 'foxile' living abroad, I've only seen two of this season's Leicester games on TV (Reading & Cardiff), but both times we looked impressive under Paulo's leadership

90% of the Forum comments are negative but I can see some real positives in the club this year that seem to be getting overlooked as most fans are reaching for the 'panic button'

1. wealthy new foreign owners ready to pull the cheque book out & sign some quality players who will take the club forward (eg. Waghorn & the Japan international midfielder)

2. Internationally acclaimed manager, one the best players of Portugal's "Golden" generation, with good contacts that will give us opportunities to sign players on loan or help attract good players to the club on a permanent basis

3. Sousa's coaching skills have seen two of last season's fringe players excell to become cornerstones of this year's team (Dyer & King)

I say "get behind the team", give Sousa a few more weeks before calling for changes - there's been a lot of talk about Martin O'Neil coming back to Leicester, but most on here should remember a home loss to Sheff Utd where there were vociferous "O'Neil Out' protests after an opening run of 6-7 games without a win..... and boy did MON prove the doubters wrong with the success we enjoyed shortly afterwards

Keep going Paulo... keep going team... let's get a few wins under the belt & get us up where we belong, challenging for promotion :038:

Come on lads - what ever happened to the 'Foxes Never Quit' spirit?

As a 'foxile' living abroad, I've only seen two of this season's Leicester games on TV (Reading & Cardiff), but both times we looked impressive under Paulo's leadership

90% of the Forum comments are negative but I can see some real positives in the club this year that seem to be getting overlooked as most fans are reaching for the 'panic button'

1. wealthy new foreign owners ready to pull the cheque book out & sign some quality players who will take the club forward (eg. Waghorn & the Japan international midfielder)

2. Internationally acclaimed manager :102:, one the best players of Portugal's "Golden" generation, with good contacts that will give us opportunities to sign players on loan or help attract good players to the club on a permanent basis

3. Sousa's coaching skills have seen two of last season's fringe players excell to become cornerstones of this year's team (Dyer & King):102:

I say "get behind the team", give Sousa a few more weeks before calling for changes - there's been a lot of talk about Martin O'Neil coming back to Leicester, but most on here should remember a home loss to Sheff Utd where there were vociferous "O'Neil Out' protests after an opening run of 6-7 games without a win..... and boy did MON prove the doubters wrong with the success we enjoyed shortly afterwards

Keep going Paulo... keep going team... let's get a few wins under the belt & get us up where we belong, challenging for promotion :038:

If they remember that, perhaps they also remember that we drew most of those games and were not trounced in any game? Perhaps?

I do admire your positive view of the situation though

good post wombat..i totally agree (if mon gave any positive indications i may quickly backtrack), my thoughts are that tonight will go a long way in showing if ps has the players support, a bad performance/loss tonight and saturday and i will be leading the "sousa out"

Well, he brings up a good point...

What was a worse performance/fan manager standoff for the club. The dreaded Sheff Utd game or Pompey?

I suspect there are one or two more games before we see organized protest. But it wouldn't surprise me to see one.

There are some phrases that one doesn't expect to utter in a lifetime; and one of them is, "Well said Wombat!", however;

Well said Wombat!!! :038::038::038:

Very fortunate. Cardiff was good, and Reading was a decent (ish) performance, albeit to no avail. Take it from someone who's sat through every minute of it though: it's been poor. Very poor. Every other defeat has been thoroughly earned.
Sousa seems incapable of getting anything approaching an acceptable performance from a squad easily equal, in terms of ability, to any other in the division. Meanwhile, Colin is top of the league with a squad containing Patrick fecking Agyemang. Should I not worry about this?
They also appear to be identifying signings themselves, which would be great if they were football people. But they aren't.
2. Internationally acclaimed manager, one the best players of Portugal's "Golden" generation, with good contacts that will give us opportunities to sign players on loan or help attract good players to the club on a permanent basis
Internationally acclaimed, yes. As a player. Tony Adams was a good player as well.
3. Sousa's coaching skills have seen two of last season's fringe players excell to become cornerstones of this year's team (Dyer & King)
They weren't fringe players. What a ludicrous thing to suggest.
I'd love for Sousa to prove those chanting 'you don't know what you're doing' last Friday wrong. Nothing he did at QPR or Swansea, nor anything he's done here so far, suggest he will.

Foxile???

it's a portmanteau dear fellow, fox + exile

oh and it's not darkest before dawn, it's darkest IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SODDING NIGHT

The middle of the night is before dawn.

oh so it's darkest at the point before any light appears?

i apologise and retract

it's just tautological nonsense then

I would certainly say that Dyer was not a corner stone of the team last season. He was a bit part player for much of the campaign last term.

I agree with Wombat though. I've seen three matches this season and certainly think we are in a false position and that the pompey result was a freak result. I am happy with the style of football we are trying to play. Very unhappy with the defence's sudden inability to do the simplest of things correctly. Happy with the number of chances we are creating in an average game but unhappy with the amount we are putting away.

I genuinely believe that once we start winning we will be one of the strongest outfits n the championship. The only question is how long it will take to get on a winning run. I do not believe for a second that we'll get relegated this term.

Whilst I am not a fan of owners meddling in transfer affairs I have to say that if the transfer of Abe is anything to go by, then we could be a lot worse off. I certainly will not complain if they bring in established continental players to the club unlike Milan's insistence on signing the like of the unknown Kaebi and attempts to persuade has beens to the club.

Or alternatively:

3. Sousa's coaching skills have seen two and more of the cornerstones of last year's team turn to absolute shit.

I'd love for Sousa to prove those chanting 'you don't know what you're doing' last Friday wrong. Nothing he did at QPR or Swansea, nor anything he's done here so far, suggest he will.

He had the opportunity to provide such evidence on Friday night against a team which had only scored two in their previous seven league games this season. It would seem to me that there could be a better opportunity. But he put together a team which allowed Portsmouth to put SIX in - that's three times what they had scored all season. His team failed miserably - how many more opportunities does he need to prove the doubters wrong?

Yes, I know, nauseating isn't it? My post wasn't one of confusion, more incredulity

are you foxasperated at the foxceedingly foxcessive use of foxile?

and for some reason, i really want to say

fox-bow lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673