Speculation It's Deadline Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graz

Yep, transfer deadline day is technically now upon us. Seems like it's going to be a busy one with lots of money starting to be thrown around in the Premier League and Championship, particularly as a knock-on effect.

Think some of the movement could effect us.

First deadline day rumour.... Beckford off to Huddersfield (with DJ Campbell too!) to replace Jordan Rhodes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ford-targeted-Huddersfield.html#ixzz254TGpKDS

(thought this deserved a separate thread to the bullshit rumours thread).

SSN are actually saying Beckford is off to Huddersfield on loan. That would seem like a crazy move...

I think we'll see 3 leave and 2 come in (one on loan).

Last edited:
I am actually looking forward to today, if the players rumoured to be leaving do go then it enables the club to start moving back to a more sustainable position whilst no doubt freeing up some funds for NP to bring in more of his own signings be it perms or loans.

Also none of these players, for whatever reason, have delivered the performance levels or consistency that represent the financial outlay and investment by the club. Onwards and upwards for me.

I am actually looking forward to today, if the players rumoured to be leaving do go then it enables the club to start moving back to a more sustainable position whilst no doubt freeing up some funds for NP to bring in more of his own signings be it perms or loans.

Also none of these players, for whatever reason, have delivered the performance levels or consistency that represent the financial outlay and investment by the club. Onwards and upwards for me.
I'll be very disappointed if Beckford goes.

I like Beckford and can appreciate what he adds to the team but I don't think we play to his strengths. He should be scoring a lot more goals and it's not entirely his fault that he isn't.

If you are going to [allegedly] pay someone extortionate wages then they have to be something special.

If he was earning half as much I would be disappointed to see him go. (although I expect Huddersfield won't be paying 100% of his wages so we're still footing the bill). As it is, I wouldn't mind either way.

Last edited:
Looks like a terribly boring day for us.

i hope Beks stays SSL Gally go and we get a dominant defensive central midfielder to play alongside Drinkwater

None in and none out I say. Well maybe Gally or another squad player but don't think and hope none of the main squad will be broken up.

Much ado about nothing.

Who would be stupid enough to sign Gally?

Long contract on high wages, we would probably lose a bit of money today on this either way.

Stringer says this one looks off.

Fecking typical of Stringer to go off topic, I couldn't give a **** what's in his fridge.

BBC Radio Leeds reports: "Ex-Leeds United striker Jermaine Beckford is one of the players being targeted by Huddersfield Town to replace Jordan Rhodes. But the terms of Beckford's current deal at Leicester City mean that negotiations are likely to continue for most of today - we understand a loan deal for Beckford could be on the cards, instead of a permanent signing.
"A move for fellow Foxes forward Paul Gallagher now looks to be off."

If we loan Beckford to another team in this League I will be ****ing furious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669