Speculation It's Deadline Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just going to have to wait and see at about 4.20 today aren't we! About 40 minutes....

Watford have just signed five players all on loan from Udinese, joining five that already joined from Udinese this summer. This seems really stupid and excessive to me. I'm hoping it fails miserably.

As the shaggers are giving them a pasting, your wish is being granted.

It would be just like us signing a load of donkeys from the King Power Polo team.

From Stringer on Twitter ...

@StringerSport: Huddersfield Town CEO confirms on Radio Leicester, Jermaine Beckford was at club last night, signed loan papers but #lcfc pulled deal late

i can only assume that it was decided late on that NP could have funds for a couple of loan deals and to keep beckford (with his high wage).

i can only assume that it was decided late on that NP could have funds for a couple of loan deals and to keep beckford (with his high wage).

I don't think the powers that be at the club would make a decision like that five minutes before the deadline.

I'm sure the most likely reason is that we only agreed to let Beckford go because we were expecting to sign a replacement, and that didn't come off.

Definitely the most likely scenario. I'm not his biggest fan atm but I'd like to see us stick with him as there is quality there, he just needs to gain the confidence from somewhere to show it.

JB should have scored at least one, and him coming back to defend in our own box is why some forwards should stay up front!

I don't think the powers that be at the club would make a decision like that five minutes before the deadline.

I'm sure the most likely reason is that we only agreed to let Beckford go because we were expecting to sign a replacement, and that didn't come off.

Suggestions abound that we wanted Harry Kane on loan and would then let JB go. However, Norwich came in for him late on and he chose them over us, so we pulled the JB deal.

Suggestions abound that we wanted Harry Kane on loan and would then let JB go. However, Norwich came in for him late on and he chose them over us, so we pulled the JB deal.

I assumed it was Harry Kane we were after too, as that deal went through very late and the Beckford deal seemed to die just after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669