It's like having 60 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wombat

Great win today and everyone around us lost
Six points behind Cardiff in the 6th play off spot, but we have a vastly superior goal difference to them and everyone between us & them, which is like having an extra point
What we need now is some of the old "Foxes never Quit" spirit, everyone coming together behind Pearson and the team
Let's roar this squad into the playoffs starting with an unlikely win at Ipswich... then we can really start believing we may see a miracle this year, make up the five points deficit, and gatecrash our way into the sixth play-off spot!

Last edited:
Hahaha, we've won 2 games back to back all season but we are now going to win 6 on the bounce. Pass me what you are on.

Talk about fickle... is this the same guy that made an identical thread following the Hull win, but was then openly lambesting us after the Peterboro' defeat?

Today was a great result and a good performance, let's leave it at that.

A few more of those " worse 4 - 0 win I've ever seen" will do very nicely, thank you

Our home form is excellent. Seven wins and two draws in the last nine with twenty one goals for and five against.

Unfortunately, we've been pants away from home for a while. We needed a good run to make the top six and it is away where we've blown it.

The last 10 games in the League we are actually joint 3rd (with Watford) behind only Reading & Southampton. So perhaps things aren't so bad as we think, even though those defeats at Peterboro & Bristol do stick in the mouth. The defeat to Reading would probably have been expected. We can of course only hope that the next few games we continue to win so who knows. We left ourselves too much to do though probably.

Last edited:
Six points behind Cardiff in the 6th play off spot, but we have a vastly superior goal difference to them and everyone between us & them, which is like having an extra point

This really pisses me off. It's not like having an extra point. If you finish one point behind us it's not a draw.
Half a point at best.

What we need now is some of the old "Foxes never Quit" spirit, everyone coming together behind Pearson and the team
Let's roar this squad into the playoffs starting with an unlikely win at Ipswich... then we can really start believing we may see a miracle this year, make up the five points deficit, and gatecrash our way into the sixth play-off spot!

Hardly "Vastly Superior" is it. +11 against a +9 to me that's a marginal better goal difference that can easily be lost or gained on in just one match.

I would class a Vastly superior difference to be a margin that would be almost impossible to catch at this stage say a +15

And it's only worth an extra point if we where on the same points as them. Sorry to rain on your parade but what a load of old nonsense.

Hardly "Vastly Superior" is it. +11 against a +9 to me that's a marginal better goal difference that can easily be lost or gained on in just one match.

It's not vastly superior at the moment, but if we catch up with them the gap in goal difference is likely to be wider than it is now.

If we win our remaining matches our goal difference at the end of the season will be at least +16, and is likely to be better than that.
If we then finish level on points with Cardiff (we're five behind them at the moment, not the six Wombat thinks we are) they'll have to win three, draw one and lose one of their remaining games.
Their defeat will take their goal difference to +8 or worse. So their three wins will have to be by an aggregate of at least eight goals to match our goal difference. Unlikely

I ran the BBC predictor after our game yesterday, predicting wins for our last five games. We finished 7th, behind Blackpool on goals scored.

Last edited:
It's not vastly superior at the moment, but if we catch up with them the gap in goal difference is likely to be wider than it is now.

If we win our remaining matches our goal difference at the end of the season will be at least +16, and is likely to be better than that.
If we then finish level on points with Cardiff (we're five behind them at the moment, not the six Wombat thinks we are) they'll have to win three, draw one and lose one of their remaining games.
Their defeat will take their goal difference to +8 or worse. So their three wins will have to be by an aggregate of at least eight goals to match our goal difference. Unlikely

I ran the BBC predictor after our game yesterday, predicting wins for our last five games. We finished 7th, behind Blackpool on goals scored.

Jeff's BBC predictor sounds about right - finish 7th in what was a totally frustrating season of occasional highs but deep lows as we lost games that we should have won at a canter.

Unless we squeak a 2-1 win at Ipswich tomorrow (it's possible), even the biggest optimists on this board, me included, can take down the tent and vacation until August's 2012-13 season opener

What is interesting is when you look at the form guide. It actually gives you a little bit of hope. For those fighting it out for 6th spot you have:

Cardiff 2 wins in the last 10 / 1 win in last 5 / 7 points from last 5 games and 4pts from the previous 5

Brighton 3 wins in the last 10 / 1 win in last 5 / 5 points from last 5 games and 9 pts from previous 5

Middlesborough 2 wins in last 10 / 0 wins from last 5 / 4 points from last 5 and 6 pts from previous 5

Leicester 5 wins from last 10 / 2 wins from last 5 / 8 points from last 5 games and 9 pts from previous 5

Looking at the above it would look like Cardiff will just hold on or maybe Brighton may be the team to be closest to clinch 6th spot. But surprisingly we have got a bit of consitancy in points scoring over the 2 x 5 week blocks.

For what it's worth it does give you a bit of hope :) The only worry is we have to play teams such as Ipswich, Millwall & West ham who never seem to do that well against. And looking at the form we need 4 wins out of 5 and maybe even a draw in the 5th game. Ahh sh!t i'm feeling a bit down again :(

well that's one of the teams I was worried about with at least 2 to play. Come on City, a win on Saturday and there will be a real buzz around the place going into the final 3 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669