It's time to turn on our owners

I don't find it hard at all. Nostalgia should be reserved for old music, films, tv shows, girlfriends & adventures. If something used to be good but is now shit either change it or reform it.

& the bald fact is we don't actually have the same ownership anyway. Everything was under the control of one bloke. That bloke is now gone & we're now run (I suspect) by a family coalition. None of them know what they're doing & have left the club in the hands of raging incompetents who have destroyed it.

Those ****s need to be ejected with immediate effect & that's been clear as crystal for a very long time now. The fact that they haven't means that the ownership is every bit as complacent & incompetent as they are.
Your sentence about nostalgia is utter bollocks.

I'm as frustrated as anyone, but I find it hard to turn on the ownership. Remembering where we were and the state we were in when King Power took over, this era has been far better than I could ever have hoped for. Even with the current financial issues, these are because our ownership has ambition.

Some decisions have gone wrong but would we really prefer an ownership with less ambition and less willingness to take risks?
We did a 180 under these owners. Problem is, we're now edging ever closer to that being a 360.

We did a 180 under these owners. Problem is, we're now edging ever closer to that being a 360.
My main issue is how no one has figured out how/that we had worked out how to outmanoeuvre modern football, and have managed to completely change back to the trap that has been peddled by the big boys.

It’s ****ing thick as ****.

Nostalgia is ever present in football and engraved into its very foundations.

We all reminisce about this game and that and how fantastic or poor that experience was even decades ago, Rooster as super sub, Claridge at Wembley, 5-0 v Cambridge in the play-offs at Filbo, 3-3 v Arsenal and that hat-trick by Bergkamp.

Walsh, here, there and every ****ing where, Julian’s goal at Barnsley, the list is endless, ah, wait I missed the greatest one “Leicester ****ing City, champions of England.

Nostalgia is why there was a nationwide fans uprising because of the proposed Super League, the removal of the potential 1/100 David v Goliath occurrence which millions of FA Cup fans dream of in every round.

We need nostalgia, it is what we hold on to in dark days and fans hope for the future.

I am nostalgic for our deceased owner and we owe him a debt that can’t ever be repaid because he created nostalgia for our children and for their future.

Nostalgia is ever present in football and engraved into its very foundations.

We all reminisce about this game and that and how fantastic or poor that experience was even decades ago, Rooster as super sub, Claridge at Wembley, 5-0 v Cambridge in the play-offs at Filbo, 3-3 v Arsenal and that hat-trick by Bergkamp.

Walsh, here, there and every ****ing where, Julian’s goal at Barnsley, the list is endless, ah, wait I missed the greatest one “Leicester ****ing City, champions of England.

Nostalgia is why there was a nationwide fans uprising because of the proposed Super League, the removal of the potential 1/100 David v Goliath occurrence which millions of FA Cup fans dream of in every round.

We need nostalgia, it is what we hold on to in dark days and fans hope for the future.

I am nostalgic for our deceased owner and we owe him a debt that can’t ever be repaid because he created nostalgia for our children and for their future.
Not what I meant.

I mean the sort of nostalgia that affects current events. Clinging on to things that once gave you great things when they are clearly in need of change. I also fondly remember all the things you mentioned, & others even further back. But they're part of history.
Nothing back then relates to anything that's happening now. The decay of this club from the heights we achieved a few years ago does,as it's still run by the same faces.

The stuff you mentioned comes under the " adventures " I mentioned.

4 games left gents, and the bookies are STILL paying big ish odds on us losing.

Soothe the pain. Tenner on us to lose each match, individually, and you’re coming out laughing rather than totally depressed.

The owners have done nothing but invest in this club. We’ve had 1 terrible season, after over a decade of success, but now we want them out… even though we can still win the league with 4 games to go.

Have mistakes been made, of course. Does the board need to go, most definitely, but to call for Top to leave is IMO bordering on almost self-harm as a club and truly underlines how delusional and privileged our fans have become.

The owners have done nothing but invest in this club. We’ve had 1 terrible season, after over a decade of success, but now we want them out… even though we can still win the league with 4 games to go.

Have mistakes been made, of course. Does the board need to go, most definitely, but to call for Top to leave is IMO bordering on almost self-harm as a club and truly underlines how delusional and privileged our fans have become.

I don't understand your contradiction.

The board currently consists of four people; Aiyawatt, his older brother Apichet, Susan Whelan and the mysterious Shilai Lui. In addition, Matthew Phillips was appointed to the board to act as Secretary after the end of last season.

You want them to go but Aiyawatt to stay as 'owner' but not 'board member'?

I don't understand your contradiction.

The board currently consists of four people; Aiyawatt, his older brother Apichet, Susan Whelan and the mysterious Shilai Lui. In addition, Matthew Phillips was appointed to the board to act as Secretary after the end of last season.

You want them to go but Aiyawatt to stay as 'owner' but not 'board member'?

My apologies, to be clear Rudkin and Whelan should go…

My apologies, to be clear Rudkin and Whelan should go…

Okay. But it's the board that are backing them so the contradiction remains.

Aiyawatt has demonstrated over and over that he he won't make the changes you want. Internal review etc.

So the changes you are calling for won't happen and you are unequivocal that Aiyawatt must be supported.

You just can't have it both ways. If you support Aiyawatt, you support Whelan and Rudkin.

I’m square against hounding out our owners. They just need proper experience supporting them. Proper finance people, proper management, proper PR and fan relations people. We also need to shift focus and get a proper team of analysts and scouts. We should be playing moneyball. It was an approach that won us a title and one we stupidly abandoned.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463