Itv Hd

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazzer

Dont know if this has been posted before. Apologies if so. If you want yo watch Cup football on ITV in HD through your Sky HD box then do the following.

You can manually add the ITV HD channel so long as your SkyHD box has been upgraded to the new EPG software 8.3.2

To add ITV HD, go to the TV Guide, find Options in the top menu, then drop down and scroll along to Add Channels.

Change the Frequency details to 11.427 and press Select. (Nothing happens.) Then change Polarisation to H. Leave the Symbol Rate as 27.5 and FEC as 2/3. Then press the yellow button for Find Channels.

On the next page, there should be several services listed. Scroll down to Channel 10510 and press Store Channel. A tick will appear next to Channel 10510. This is the channel name for ITV HD, and it’s now stored in the box.

To view the channel, go to the TV Guide, find Options in the top menu, then drop down and scroll along to Other Channels. Drop the cursor into the apparently empty listing box — and Channel 10510 will then appear. Select the channel
biggrin.gif

Ive mentioned it in other threads but without all the detail. I haven't done mine yet!

My father in law has done it but it does lose the picture sometime, he lost the picture during the reading v pool game.

Ive mentioned it in other threads but without all the detail. I haven't done mine yet!

My father in law has done it but it does lose the picture sometime, he lost the picture during the reading v pool game.

Mine works ok not lost any picture at all.

Mine lost the pool game too. Think that was an issue at ITVs end though. At least it means you don't have to put up with ITVs standard def which is barely watchable with football.

Mine lost the pool game too. Think that was an issue at ITVs end though. At least it means you don't have to put up with ITVs standard def which is barely watchable with football.

The standard def on the man u game was truely awful.

At least it means you don't have to put up with ITVs standard def which is barely watchable with football.

The standard def on the man u game was truely awful.

This has been happening for years. They use far less bandwidth (or whatever the broadcast equivalent is) than they should resulting in a pixellated mess.

Dont know if this has been posted before. Apologies if so. If you want yo watch Cup football on ITV in HD through your Sky HD box then do the following.

You can manually add the ITV HD channel so long as your SkyHD box has been upgraded to the new EPG software 8.3.2

To add ITV HD, go to the TV Guide, find Options in the top menu, then drop down and scroll along to Add Channels.

Change the Frequency details to 11.427 and press Select. (Nothing happens.) Then change Polarisation to H. Leave the Symbol Rate as 27.5 and FEC as 2/3. Then press the yellow button for Find Channels.

On the next page, there should be several services listed. Scroll down to Channel 10510 and press Store Channel. A tick will appear next to Channel 10510. This is the channel name for ITV HD, and it’s now stored in the box.

To view the channel, go to the TV Guide, find Options in the top menu, then drop down and scroll along to Other Channels. Drop the cursor into the apparently empty listing box — and Channel 10510 will then appear. Select the channel
biggrin.gif

Excuse my ignorance, but why haven't ITV released the channel in the normal way?

Seems a lot of hassle when they could just add it to the channel list.

I think I've heard before (possibly on here?) that ITV's standard picture quality on live football is actually as poor as it is allowed to be, and them still be allowed to have the rights...

Is it actually good on HD? On a par with Sky Sports HD? Or just better than the standard ITV shite?

I think I've heard before (possibly on here?) that ITV's standard picture quality on live football is actually as poor as it is allowed to be, and them still be allowed to have the rights...

Is it actually good on HD? On a par with Sky Sports HD? Or just better than the standard ITV shite?

Their SD is the worst on TV.

Their HD is heaps and heaps better but not quite as good as Sky or BBC IMO.

You know when I was watching Leeds humiliate ManUre I never noticed the picture quality and quite frankly I couldn't give a shit if I did.

I noticed but thought it was either my Sky signal degrading or my TV, never realised they did it on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669