Jack Hobbs to Celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.
RL still say he's going out on loan and that Sven has confirmed this.

They did not say where though and Celtic were not mentioned. It depends on the loan from Chelsea as soon as he's here then Hobbs can go.

Shame no one spotted that last season when he was voted player of the year in a team that finished fifth.

Plenty of people did and not saying he didn't deserve the award.
Just saying that on Sat when he came on it stood out like a sore thumb.
I like Hobbs and hope that he finds the form he did last season, but looking how he played he does not fit the style that Sven has been wanting us to play.

Shame no one spotted that last season when he was voted player of the year in a team that finished fifth.

Well I certainly spotted it, both him and Brown were usually bad passers. Thing is last season it wasnt such an issue in the style of play that NP had us playing. Also his defending was better and he didnt make so many mistakes.

Plenty of people did and not saying he didn't deserve the award.
Just saying that on Sat when he came on it stood out like a sore thumb.
I like Hobbs and hope that he finds the form he did last season, but looking how he played he does not fit the style that Sven has been wanting us to play.

It did? I thought he did well on Saturday. First touch was a good clearing header.

Even though he was only on the pitch for a short time on Sat it seemed quite obvious why he is down Svens pecking order...

He can't pass.

Not a lot of difference between him and Mee then except Mee's left footed.

The pair of them struggle against quality. We will have a problem against Cardiff, probably get away with against Derby and Bristol City.

Expect that when Hobbs goes on loan to Hull, Pearson (obviously not as big a genius as Sven) will notice this blindingly obvious point and put Hobbsy on right, where I expect he will live happily ever after.

Our loss.

The pair of them struggle against quality. We will have a problem against Cardiff, probably get away with against Derby and Bristol City.

6 points from the next 9! I'll take that :icon_wink

I would be disappointed if Jack goes to Hull actually. They are a competitor for play off places and we would be helping them here too much for me...

I would be disappointed if Jack goes to Hull actually. They are a competitor for play off places and we would be helping them here too much for me...

as long as he can be recalled for the play offs :icon_wink

We ought to try and get Colin to take him and let him **** them up for us.

Or just keep him. Develop him. Use him at the expense of loan players.

Last edited:

Don't worry Alex, he can't pass, he can't play on the left hand side of two, he struggles against quality etc.

It's guaranteed that if he joins them they will start to concede goals.

Agreed. Would rather we loan him out to someone fighting relegation, would wager there are teams down there that wouldn't say no to a defender like Hobbs coming in for a while.

Stringer says he wants to go to hull and will be going Monday. Hope it's just a loan, and we're looking at keeping him long term

Stringer says he wants to go to hull and will be going Monday. Hope it's just a loan, and we're looking at keeping him long term

It can't be anything other than a loan at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669