James Justin

Micky

When he was fit, I thought he was a super player. If we can get him back somewhere near those levels, the question is, where does he fit in Maresca's system?

When he was fit, I thought he was a super player. If we can get him back somewhere near those levels, the question is, where does he fit in Maresca's system?
On the bench it looks like.

Leicester City is delighted to confirm that defender James Justin has signed a new long-term contract with the Football Club to 2026.

I don't think 3 years could be described as long term, Chelsea would look at that as a contract coming to an end.

Drop Ndid and play Ricardo on the right side of the midfield with JJ playing where Ricardo was.

I've now split it from the old thread, because more than one person has thought it was new.
Thanks Jeff. Didn't know whether to start a new thread.

He was exceptional at LB in our 5th place season and I'm sure we would have got 4th had it not been for his injury.

He didn't play in the last game, but that doesn't mean that he won't play in others of course.

Drop Ndid and play Ricardo on the right side of the midfield with JJ playing where Ricardo was.
No, leave Ricardo where he is. The new role he has suits him and will be good for him as he doesn’t have to do as much running as when he’s playing out wide. And playing further forward doesn’t get the best out of him.

I think Justin is a squad player and given the number of games we have this season he’ll play his part. With the current system I see him as understudy to Ricardo and Doyle. And here’s a thought, which some won’t like, Maresca and his team could even coach him into learning a new position and being a backup for Winks or one of the number 8s.

He was exceptional at LB in our 5th place season and I'm sure we would have got 4th had it not been for his injury.

It's interesting that in the article linked above your post, he states that his favourite position is at left back. Considering he's predominantly right footed I've always thought he looked better there than at right back.

It's interesting that in the article linked above your post, he states that his favourite position is at left back. Considering he's predominantly right footed I've always thought he looked better there than at right back.
I’m glad he didn’t say he considers himself a left-back. Cos’ that would be used as a stick to beat any manager who ever played him in a different position.

I’ve always thought he offered more attacking threat at right-back.

He’ll be a straight swap for Ricardo when he breaks down/gets injured

Will be playing every week by the end of September

He’ll be a straight swap for Ricardo when he breaks down/gets injured

Will be playing every week by the end of September
You think Ricardo will last a month……

That‘s optimism, right there.

As well as optimism he won’t replace him with Daka at right back.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463