Speculation James McArthur

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had enough of this

I don't think that I can take it

i doubt this signing will be unvield with Cambo, im sure they would both prefer individual attention

if Palace complete this deal before us, considering the manager has been there a few hours then theres something drastically wrong with our club

if Palace complete this deal before us, considering the manager has been there a few hours then theres something drastically wrong with our club

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhh

Paaaaaaaaannnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccc

Or there's something drastically wrong with the player.

Absolutely - if he'd rather perform at a lesser club, who wouldn't be able to offer him more money but the opportunity to live in London then he's not the player I'd taken him for. So no panic here, if he's a good'un he'll be coming, and if he's a wrong'un he won't. We should thank Palace for their participation.

Last edited:
Would be happier if this hadn't been leaked. We clearly moved for him Incase EC wasn't signing. Wigan weren't to know that but I guess now it's our there someone will take him at the price they want.

Suppose we didn't have much choice, given how the EC negotiations were progressing.

Last edited:
It's not possible to enter in to any dealings with Dave Whelan without him leaking it to anyone and everyone within a 10,000 mile radius.

Last edited:
It's not possible to enter in to any dealings with Dave Whelan without him leaking it to anyone and everyone within a 10,000 mile radius.

Very true. His practice is to give a blow by blow commentary to the media on all his dealings whether they be players or managers.

That said, I think we have a very obvious problem in that we entered the close season in very good shape with the seeming intent of adding a few quality players to an already decent squad. We're coming to the end of the close season having achieved very little. One hopefully decent striker and nothing else worth mentioning - and I include Albrighton in that on the basis that he was ineffectual at the Villa. This lack of activity has sent out a message that we are not strong enough to be likely to survive in the Premier League - and so we are less attractive now.

It's going to be very difficult to put this right by the time the window closes. I hope that we are more successful by Mid night Monday than I fear will be the case.

Wigan Athletic chairman Dave Whelan has vowed to reinvest the funds generated from the sale of James McArthur to Leicester City.

The Scotland international is heading out of the DW Stadium after a fee was agreed with Leicester at the third time of asking.

It is reported that Foxes boss Nigel Pearson is prepared to pay around £7million for the midfielder, with a deal set to be completed ahead of the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566