Speculation Jamie Vardy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJN-Fox

Ok, here we go, the madness begins ...

John Percy is tweeting that we are to make another bid for Jamie Vardy.

John Percy‏@John__Percy

#LCFC are making another bid for #Fleetwood striker Jamie Vardy. Deal would be around £1m and a non-league transfer record.

Ok, here we go, the madness begins ...

John Percy is tweeting that we are to make another bid for Jamie Vardy.

Well I doubt it'll be classed as a non-league record, seeing as they've been promoted.

For some reason, I have it in my head that it's July 1st :102:

July 1st is when they will start to be a Football League club.

Well as the first message says the silly season has started, in Leicester's case very early too!!..is Vardy really better than.Beckford...Nugent...Schlupp...I dont think so,My local Team Wrexham stopped him scoring in both meetings this season,hes good and quick but lets not forget he has got his goals against mostly part.timers

Well as the first message says the silly season has started, in Leicester's case very early too!!..is Vardy really better than.Beckford...Nugent...Schlupp...I dont think so,My local Team Wrexham stopped him scoring in both meetings this season,hes good and quick but lets not forget he has got his goals against mostly part.timers

I'd like to think Pearson and his team put more effort into scouting than looking at his scoring record and saying 'he'll do'. Pearson and Walsh obviously see the potential for the lad to make the step up and it happens more often than people think.

A couple of seasons ago, Charlie Austin was a bricklayer playing for Poole Town, Steve Morison was playing for Stevenage Borough and Chris Smalling was playing for Maidstone United.

There is definitely quality down in the lower leagues, the key is identifying it. There are a few teams after Vardy, not just us, and I'll be quite optimtistic if we do sign him. Pearson and Walsh have a knack for taking young players and developing them. I certainly won't dismiss him as a 'non-league striker' before he's even kicked a bloody ball.

Ability is only a part of the equation, we know that better than most this season. On paper we were favourites to win the league.

Pearson will be looking for players with hunger and a desire to succeed as well as the type of player that fits in to his intended system for next season. Things Sven seemed to overlook somewhat.

I'd like to think Pearson and his team put more effort into scouting than looking at his scoring record and saying 'he'll do'. Pearson and Walsh obviously see the potential for the lad to make the step up and it happens more often than people think.

A couple of seasons ago, Charlie Austin was a bricklayer playing for Poole Town, Steve Morison was playing for Stevenage Borough and Chris Smalling was playing for Maidstone United.

There is definitely quality down in the lower leagues, the key is identifying it. There are a few teams after Vardy, not just us, and I'll be quite optimtistic if we do sign him. Pearson and Walsh have a knack for taking young players and developing them. I certainly won't dismiss him as a 'non-league striker' before he's even kicked a bloody ball.

I'd agree with that.

They always say that prolific strikers have special qualities e.g. fast reflex reaction within the penalty area. This can be transferable from lower to higher league situations - of course a famous example of this at Leicester is Alan Smith signed from Alvechurch when I think he was already into his 20's.

Vardy is almost 25...nugent is 26 beckford is 28...for me its our Mid field that lets us down

Still a possibility - the talk of 1 mill is probably pure fabrication - worth a throw at 200k?

Also Fleetwood is not from Gallagher country we could offer than 150K plus our Scottish International as an alternative to the £200k.

I actually think the price will be smaller up front, but with goal bonuses etc which will be more than £1m if he's any kind of success. So there.

Mmmm I,m still not sure watched him at Wrexham where wrexham won,the 2 young center backs played him out the game.at their place wrexham played with 10 men for last 20 minutes and he did not score then either.he;s been around for almost 10 years now plying his trade,this is his best season so far,and to be truthfull Fleetwood are soo much better than everyone else in that league

Kevin Ellison

He was a Taylor signing if I remember correctly. Enough said.

Michael Morrison was signed by Pearson from non-league and under Pearson's reign I think most of us would agree he was a success. Wish he was in our squad and not Charlton's for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566