January Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because most players earn enough money at their first club to last them a lifetime.

Not 'most', a tiny minority of players.

A good example if Sergio Aguero who could easily leave Atletico Madrid and join probably any team in the world but no he is staying at least until the end of the season as he feels he owes something to his club, that is a loyal and good person. Yes he may leave but at least it will be under good terms not like Twattock, Adebayor e.t.c.

Is he playing for free?

Not 'most', a tiny minority of players.

Is he playing for free?

I would say most premier league players could earn enough at there first club to last them a lifetime, and maybe some Championship players as well.

Well obviously not but what is your point here? Every footballer gets paid some are just greedy.

Be rest assured...clubs feel no loyalty to players either.

Same in real life, if you got offered a job that had better pay and more chance for success you'd take it.

If your company thought they could make more money without you than with you, out on your arse you go.

It would take and inexperienced and naive mind to think otherwise I'm afraid.

Loyalty, as succinctly put by Mackey, is a load of old bollocks. To be more verbose, it is a tired old trope that is used to try and regulate the more base elements of human behaviour, particularly in a world dictated by the profit margin.

Be rest assured...clubs feel no loyalty to players either.

Same in real life, if you got offered a job that had better pay and more chance for success you'd take it.

If your company thought they could make more money without you than with you, out on your arse you go.

It would take and inexperienced and naive mind to think otherw*s* I'm afraid.

Loyalty, as succinctly put by Mackey, is a load of old bollocks. To be more verbose, it is a tired old trope that is used to try and regulate the more base elements of human behaviour, particularly in a world dictated by the profit margin.

Well I can tell you now if I was happy at what I did and got paid well then there is no way I would move regardless of money.

If (when!) I played for Leicester and was on a decent wage then I would definetly stay here regardless of offers, I would much rather play for the team I love and support that Man Utd just to get extra £££.

I would say most premier league players could earn enough at there first club to last them a lifetime, and maybe some Championship players as well.

I think that's nonsense H, but I'm not going labour the point.

IWell obviously not but what is your point here? Every footballer gets paid some are just greedy.

My point is that they aren't 'greedy'. It isn't greedy to want to earn as much as you can, while you can. Especially considering the short playing career that they have.

Well I can tell you now if I was happy at what I did and got paid well then there is no way I would move regardless of money.

If (when!) I played for Leicester and was on a decent wage then I would definetly stay here regardless of offers, I would much rather play for the team I love and support that Man Utd just to get extra £££.

The ramblings of youth. What if you were so good the club wanted to cash in? What if you were so shit they wanted to cancel your contract? You think City would give a monkeys about loyalty to you?

Anybody worth their salt will want to perform at the highest level they can attain in their profession. If I were a City player and Man U came in for me, I'd f**king walk to Manchester, if only to have the chance to pit my wits against a higher standard of player. And for the piles of cash. Obviously.

That's a lovely sentiment Harbs, very beautiful.

But how would you feel, after turning down the big money offer from ManUre if Leicester decide that you don't fit into their plans any more and get rid of you?
What price loyalty then?

I think that's nonsense H, but I'm not going labour the point.

My point is that they aren't 'greedy'. It isn't greedy to want to earn as much as you can, while you can. Especially considering the short playing career that they have.

Yeah true what you are saying I suppose, just so dissappointing how it is though, I really do hope though that a few players buck the trend and stay loyal to their club.

That's a lovely sentiment Harbs, very beautiful.

But how would you feel, after turning down the big money offer from ManUre if Leicester decide that you don't fit into their plans any more and get rid of you?
What price loyalty then?

They would never do that they would keep me for being such a happy and charming person even if I was shite.

I hope a deal for Waghorn can be done...as for Beckford...he is no better than what we already have.

Also what about Tom Cleverly improving all the time...would not cost the earth either.

I hope a deal for Waghorn can be done...as for Beckford...he is no better than what we already have.

Also what about Tom Cleverly improving all the time...would not cost the earth either.

How much would he cost?

0.7 earths.

:icon_lol:

I liked that.

Don't forget with players as well, it isn't JUST about the money... it's about trying to reach the pinnacle of your field. Every player wants to play in the Premiership, play in the Champions League, get a cap for their country, play in the World Cup, etc...

When a player moves on, it isn't just about money all the time. It can be about trying to fulfil goals!

I think Mattock left here more because he felt he had a better chance of playing in the Prem with West Brom than he did here...

Oh, and Harbs... pretty sure Aguero's wages must be pretty high at Atletico!

Oh, and Harbs... pretty sure Aguero's wages must be pretty high at Atletico!

But would more than likely be higher else where.

But would more than likely be higher else where.
That is exactly what meant when i said about him being loyal to Atletico, he may be on a good wage where he is but if he wanted more money he could quite easily leave and pick up a bigger wage packet, but no he is remaining loyal to Atletico and helping them get out of the shit they are in which is good to see.

That is exactly what meant when i said about him being loyal to Atletico, he may be on a good wage where he is but if he wanted more money he could quite easily leave and pick up a bigger wage packet, but no he is remaining loyal to Atletico and helping them get out of the shit they are in which is good to see.

Agreed, loyalty does exist, anyone saying otherwise is jumping on the popular band wagon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566