January Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would like the following santa.....

OUTS: Oakley, McGivern, Howard, maybe even Morrisson.

INS: probably mostly premiership loans but players in these positions.... big man up front, a good left back, a good right back, a good right winger, and someone in the middle.

thanking you.

Lord Patterson.

i would like the following santa.....

OUTS: Oakley, McGivern, Howard, maybe even Morrisson.

INS: probably mostly premiership loans but players in these positions.... big man up front, a good left back, a good right back, a good right winger, and someone in the middle.

thanking you.

Lord Patterson.

We'd all like a 'Big Man' up front, but some things are beyond the limits of Santa's powers

Surely, the player that this team is crying out for is someone to sit in midfield and put in a few tackles.
I agree that our defence, particularly in the absence of Tunchev, is not world class, but the protection of a midfield tackler would improve things considerably.
After that, the next requirement is a right back: how could anyone have even watched film of Neilson and thought, "yes, he'll fit the bill as a Championship fullback"?

I don't think Neilson is to blame really. He has improved since the Watford debacle.

McLeish set to let Blues duo leave
Birmingham boss Alex McLeish has admitted he would consider letting Kevin Phillips and Lee Carsley leave the club in January.

The veteran pair have found themselves on the fringes this season and they could be tempted to move on in search of regular first-team football.

McLeish would like to keep the pair until the end of the season, but would understand if they wanted leave in the New Year.

"I would like Lee and Kevin Phillips to stay for the rest of the season," McLeish told the Daily Mail.

"I understand that, if there's something they feel strongly about that was better for them, I wouldn't stand in their way.

"They are reasonable people and phenomenal professionals. At the moment, I believe they want to stay."

Two Players we can actually do with

I think if we could get Tom Cleverley, Mark Davies and George Boyd in Jan we'd have a much better side, especially once Tunchev is back. Only problem is, that lot would cost us somewhere in the region of about £5 million +

Leicester City to sign Martyn Waghorn permanently and Marton Fulop who is to replace Chris Weale who is moving to Tottenham!, They are also insterested in capturing Darren Gibson and Jack Wiltshere on loan!
;) - Gibbson is in the first team for Manure so i think that's a straight no!! - Wiltshere could come here as Leicester and Arsenal i have good relationship.

Maybe a cheeky loan for Walcott :)

Last edited:
;) - Gibbson is in the first team for Manure so i think that's a straight no!! - Wiltshere could come here as Leicester and Arsenal i have good relationship.

Who exactly are you quoting there Mr Spankification?

ashley chambers will turn the season round for us....i just know it.

IMO we are now seeing the reprecussions of not strengthening the squad sufficiently in the summer and up to the latest transfer deadline. IMO there is little competition for places, and we lack guile and genuine flair. At present we seem to have workmanlike players who have been found out.

The following areas lack real competion for places.

Goalkeeper - There is no competion for Weale. Logan and Pentney are nowhere near the required levels.

Right Back - The only viable alternatives to Neilson is a young centre half (Morrison) or a kid with limited experience in the Carling Cup (O'Neil)

Centre Half - With Tunchev's injury we now only have Morrison as cover to Hobbs and Brown and the last two games are showing that both could do with being taken out of the firing line.

Central Midfield - This is the area that needs urgent attention, King and Oakley don't seem to have the presence or quality to impose themselves on games at this level. Wellens needs support and quality alongside him to compete at this level.

Wide men - We lack genuine quality in this position, we have players capable of producing in fits and starts but nobody who can take the game by the scruff of the neck and produce a sustained run of consistent form.

Strikers - Fryatt and Waghorn are genuine quality at this level however I feel the rest of the strikers at the club are not contributing and therefore there is a lack of serious competion. There is every opportunity that Waghorn will return to Sunderland and if he does then we will be in big trouble.

We desperately need 6 or 7 signings in the January transfer window to enable us to continue to build and develop on the success so far and provide the much needed strength in depth and competion for places that we seem to be lacking.

I think we need a LB, a RB, potentially a CB depending on how long Tunch will be out for...

And then a centre mid, and possibly a winger... would like to see the wingers we've got given more of a chance first though!

Midfield is the one that needs most though. Would be great if Nige could find another Davies/Cleverley.

A player who can actually tackle in midfield would help the defence no end.

We have one bank of defensive players, no wonder teams run through us and then the likes of Brown back off untill they are in the fecking car park.

I think if we could get Tom Cleverley, Mark Davies and George Boyd in Jan we'd have a much better side, especially once Tunchev is back. Only problem is, that lot would cost us somewhere in the region of about £5 million +

Kaka, Messi, Vidic and Puyol please.

Wiltshere could come here as Leicester and Arsenal i have good relationship.

:018: Wilshere.

And Robinho.

A player who can actually tackle in midfield would help the defence no end.

We have one bank of defensive players, no wonder teams run through us and then the likes of Brown back off untill they are in the fecking car park.

James Wesolowski?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00