Jermaine Beckford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

Re: Next season rumours thread

Yeah right. If we were not prepared to pay £2million for Cox, I cannot see us paying £3million for this spoilt diva.

homer

Yeah right. If we were not prepared to pay £2million for Cox, I cannot see us paying £3million for this spoilt diva.

But we've got a bit extra now after selling Mattock - still won't happen, tho'

escos66

Don't know a massive amount about beckford (only the fact he scores loads of goals) so where has this spoilt brat/attitude problem stuff come from?

Nottingham Fox

Don't know a massive amount about beckford (only the fact he scores loads of goals) so where has this spoilt brat/attitude problem stuff come from?

He's been sent off a few times for some very 'ugly' tackles. Spits his dummy out when he can't get things to go his way.

He's an arsehole, but no one can argue with his goal-scoring record.

Steven

According to the super soaraway Sun, :icon_roll , we are bidding £3 million for Jermaine Beckford. :102: :icon_bigg

Hazzman

His turn-off for a lot of us was his awful elbow against Milwall keeper, Forde which he should have been sent off for. He later scored a winner and then denied even swinging the most blatant elbow all season in the post-match interview.

Willlow

His turn-off for a lot of us was his awful elbow against Milwall keeper, Forde which he should have been sent off for. He later scored a winner and then denied even swinging the most blatant elbow all season in the post-match interview.

I think he even started laughing.

He does have a good scoring record, but IMO he is a bad egg and we dont want to bring somebody in who could mess up the team spirit we seem to have at the minute.

Real Sharapova

For what it's worth I think he'll stay at Leeds as his contract expires at the end of the season.

Thrax

Isnt Leeds a 'massive club'? he wouldnt lower himself

PFKAKTF FOX

I think he even started laughing.

He does have a good scoring record, but IMO he is a bad egg and we dont want to bring somebody in who could mess up the team spirit we seem to have at the minute.

I agree especially when you see the liability we already have in Campbell. I would prefer for us to keep building with young, hungry players who have a professional and committed attitude and a genuine desire to grow as a team. There is no denying that Beckford is a terrific goalscorer but IMO he comes with a lot of baggage and as Willlow says we can ill afford for a bad apple to come in and disrupt the good spirit that is evident throughout the squad.

Willlow

Isnt Leeds a 'massive club'? he wouldnt lower himself

It is true he would be joining a smaller club, but we do have a BETTER team and are in a HIGHER division. :icon_roll:icon_roll

Thrax

It is true he would be joining a smaller club, but we do have a BETTER team and are in a HIGHER division. :icon_roll:icon_roll

Hang on, I thought players these days stay loyal and not jump ship to a club with "better Players" at the drop of a hat.
Aint that right Mattock......

...oh

Willlow

Hang on, I thought players these days stay loyal and not jump ship to a club with "better Players" at the drop of a hat.
Aint that right Mattock......

...oh

What makes it worse is that Mattock is a Leicester lad so he should have realised we are the biggest club in the Championship

alex

I would be delighted if we signed him, sod the reputation, that's up to our management to handle. He's good. End of.

Willlow

Please tell me you are joking!

Joking about Leeds have a larger stadium and fan base and generally being accepted as a big club or us having a better team? :102:

Last edited:

Biff

I would be delighted if we signed him, sod the reputation, that's up to our management to handle. He's good. End of.

I agree.

Goals are a must this season, as im happy with the defence.And Beckford scores goals for fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669