Joe Hamill Signs with Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.

cisono

Hamill Signs

Leicester City have completed the signing of 21-year-old winger Joe Hamill.

0,,10274~2721042,00.jpg

Hamill, who made 43 appearances for Scottish Premier League side Hearts last season, has signed a three-year contract with the Foxes and took part in his first training session earlier today (Thursday).

The youngster becomes Craig Levein's eighth summer signing, although the City boss was keen to play down his most recent acquisition.

He said: "We have brought Joe down here with a view to the future and he will initially be something of a fringe player.

"He is very much a raw talent at the moment, but he will add much needed depth to our small squad."

Hamill will be eligible to play in City's Championship clash against Ipswich Town on Saturday should he be selected, and has been handed the number 23 shirt.

LCFC page

just beat me you bugger

dont no much about him but on Champ manager he is fookin brilliant

for god sake dont start that one.

CL seems to know what he is doing so I trust to his judgement. ;) :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

So he's left hearts because he wouldnt get first team football, to join us as a 'fringe' player. Something doesn't quite add up there :102:

Fawkeye said:
So he's left hearts because he wouldnt get first team football, to join us as a 'fringe' player. Something doesn't quite add up there :102:

Wilcox and Tiatto only have one year left on their contracts. ;)

The Jambo's have three new left sided midfielders ahead of him in the pecking order. He also lost the plot when Levein left and his form faded.

I hope the Jambo's fans are being bitter, because the way they describe him he sounds like Jordan Stewart but an awful lot slower!

Granite Fox said:
The Jambo's have three new left sided midfielders ahead of him in the pecking order. He also lost the plot when Levein left and his form faded.

I hope the Jambo's fans are being bitter, because the way they describe him he sounds like Jordan Stewart but an awful lot slower!

We've only signed one left-sided midfielder (and even then he is only on a season loan) and to say that Joe lost the plot after CL left is a bit strange, as I doubt he ever knew the plot in the first place!

George Burley has stated that the opportunities for Joe would be limited this season (he hadn't even made the bench for our first two games) so it makes sense for him to move on. To be honest I don't think he will do anything in the Championship for yourselves but I wish him all the best anyway.

For the record I'm not bitter in the slightest, just telling it as it is!

By the way if CL starts talking about signing either Wyness or Weir from us then I'll know for sure that he plans to get you relegated.

I think I will reserve judgement on this player until after I have seen him play a few games, also he should be allowed time to settle in England, settle into the style of championship football and also settle into the pattern of play CL requires from him.

I am prepared to back CL's judgement, as yet he seems to have signed some pretty decent players, and IMO he has seen something in Hamill that he can develop on and work with. This lad is 21 and has time on his side, he has been given a three year deal and is a signing for the future, but he will provide cover down either flank. Please do not make any pre concieved opinions on this boy and give the poor kid a chance, what he did at Hearts was at another team in other circumstances and should have no bearing or influence on us as fans. Give him time and support him.

As for the comparisons with Jordan Stewart, Hamill is still only 21 and therefore still regarded as a youngster who can develop their raw ability and potential, Stewart was a player who had potential at 21 but over the last year or two had levelled out and IMO CL had realised Jordy wasnt going to be good enough for where CL wanted to take the club.

Fawkeye said:

English league vrs Scottish league I reckon.

Fawkeye said:

about a grand a week difference.

Stewart Hamill in the early 80's, signed by Jock Wallace from Scottish Junior football (he was a Co-op Van driver!), moved to S****horpe then into non league football..10 appearances 2 goals.
Hope Joe proves to be a better player!

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I think I will reserve judgement on this player until after I have seen him play a few games, also he should be allowed time to settle in England, settle into the style of championship football and also settle into the pattern of play CL requires from him.

I am prepared to back CL's judgement, as yet he seems to have signed some pretty decent players, and IMO he has seen something in Hamill that he can develop on and work with. This lad is 21 and has time on his side, he has been given a three year deal and is a signing for the future, but he will provide cover down either flank. Please do not make any pre concieved opinions on this boy and give the poor kid a chance, what he did at Hearts was at another team in other circumstances and should have no bearing or influence on us as fans. Give him time and support him.

As for the comparisons with Jordan Stewart, Hamill is still only 21 and therefore still regarded as a youngster who can develop their raw ability and potential, Stewart was a player who had potential at 21 but over the last year or two had levelled out and IMO CL had realised Jordy wasnt going to be good enough for where CL wanted to take the club.

I am happy to back Levein's judgement on Hamil - just astounded at the comments from the Jambo's fans that someone put a link in to (possibly from this site, but could have been another one). They didn't seem to rate him at all and said that his form had really dropped off when Levein moved on (unlike what Zorg said). They also said he was slow - and that does not seem likely when Levein has gone for pace all over the park (although Guppy did fine for us with no pace).

Our new left-midfielders are an awful lot better than Joe ever was. The boy has talent - a very good crosser of the ball - but looks as if he won't fulfill it, unfortunately. Too slight and timid for me, I'm not quite sure how the Championship compares to the SPL physically but up here it's a very physical game and he just couldn't cope with that.

Scored a couple of goals for us, most notably a winner against Rangers at Ibrox (1-0) and a goal against Hibs in a 2-1 win. You can't get much better than that, though! :038:

Good luck to the lad anyway!

When we signed Stephen Hughes, reports were very similar, decent player but lacks physical presence, and so far Hughes has looked the business at Championship level so maybe Hamill can have a similar impact.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
When we signed Stephen Hughes, reports were very similar, decent player but lacks physical presence, and so far Hughes has looked the business at Championship level so maybe Hamill can have a similar impact.

Plus I saw Etherington from West Ham on Sky last night and you could say all of these things about him and yet he did not look out of place. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669