John Gregory

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never ever sing that man's name - apart, of course, from a rousing rendition of 'Gregory Out'

It's 'Blue Army' or nothing for me

Chants of 'Ollie's Army' and 'There's only one Martin Allen' is probably the best way of greeting Gregory.

Why not just sing Milan Mandaric's Blue and White Army, he is after all Manager except in name.

Here's a thought next time the results go array (My prediction would be August 2008), instead of singing "[Insert Managers Name] Out". How about singing "Mandaric Out", after all it's his signings, team selections and tactics :icon_bigg

No chance - the man's a complete and utter tosser

Hear, hear homer. To my way of thinking this appointment gives ammo to all of those that said sacking IH could/would lead to a worse Manager. Well if JG is appointed then a seriously worse Manager will have been appointed.

Moreover this bring MM's credibility into serious question whilst it is all very well for him to fritter his money away it does not mean that he has to drag a once proud Club and its supporters further down the Leagues.

Should Gregory arrive it will be the beginning of the end for Leicester City. :icon_sad:

Trouble is with our record of hiring and firing, the managers position at LCFC is now a poisoned chalice. Only the real desperate candidates will now even consider us so we are choosing from the dregs.

As yet we have seen no evidence that it is to be Gregory.

The bloke is unemployed so unless he is in doubt about taking it on or Mandaric is still after someone else, there is no reason why there should be this delay.

Should it be Gregory then I think he would be a big risk simply on the basis that it is a long time since he had any sort of success. However, I suppose that he has had a lot of experience across the various divisions and might have sufficient presence to sort out the players.

If - and I doubt it will happen - Walsh is made assistant manager, then that would be a fairly cynical move to court some popularity for the new regime, but stranger things have been tried and have worked.

Out of those mentioned for the job, Gregory would be my choice, but then I wanted Holloway gone in February to be replaced by Kevin Blackwell ... but what would I know !!

Hear, hear homer. To my way of thinking this appointment gives ammo to all of those that said sacking IH could/would lead to a worse Manager. Well if JG is appointed then a seriously worse Manager will have been appointed.

Moreover this bring MM's credibility into serious question whilst it is all very well for him to fritter his money away it does not mean that he has to drag a once proud Club and its supporters further down the Leagues.

Should Gregory arrive it will be the beginning of the end for Leicester City. :icon_sad:

:icon_eek: Oh my, I find myself agreeing with Steven :icon_wink:icon_bigg

The only point I find difficult (there needed to be one!) is the last bit, the biginning of the end happened quite a while ago before MM arrived.
No manager at this point could be worse than IH as he failed miserably, I will at least give whoever comes in the chance before I start to dislike them also even if it is Gregory.

I agree with you steven ,it would be a sad day IMO .

Personally, I am underwhelmed with apathy about the whole business. Its like some Big-Brother freakshow announcement. I half expect that Davina tart to hold the press conference before screeching the new managers name out.

Whatever.

:icon_eek: Oh my, I find myself agreeing with Steven :icon_wink:icon_bigg

It happens to everyone sooner or later. :icon_wink

Personally, I am underwhelmed with apathy about the whole business. Its like some Big-Brother freakshow announcement. I half expect that Davina tart to hold the press conference before screeching the new managers name out.

Whatever.

I wish I could raise that much enthusiasm. :icon_conf

Slightly OTT Steven?

1. Why is Gregory worse than Holloway? Evidence of respective records?

2. Why would this bring MM's crdibility into serious question? - it is already in serious question

3. Why would this be the beginning of the end for Leicester City? If it is to be Gregory - and there is yet to be evidence that it is - and if he fails, then he will be sacked/ driven out and we'll start again.

I take the view that we have to be real about this situation. Mandaric has tested the market again and not surprisingly he isn't coming up with anyone remotely exciting. Worthington sounds like a possibly safe pair of hands, but quite unexciting; Grayson wants out of Blackpool before they get relegated; Pearson doesn't appear to win many football matches - so I see them all as much of a muchness.

This is the price we are now paying for prejudice - the prejudice that cost us the appointment of Warnock last season - and with that prejudice the prospect of a play off challenge.

What a load of bollox. How do we know Gregory will be a worse manager until we've played some games with him in charge ? Holloway turned out to be the worst manager we've ever had, hence div 1 football this season. What are you judging Gregory on ? Does he not smile enough and tell enough funny jokes for you ? Is any manager guilty until proven innocent ? Have you been to a fortune teller ? Did gypsy rose tell you that Gregory will be a worse manager and that will make MM's credibility drop and we will get relegated ?

We've had managers that have looked good at previous clubs and turned out to be utterly useless. Lets wait until we've played some games before we start to make such rediculous judgements.

mandaric lost all credibility a long time ago. he may help us out of league 1 with his monopoly money but he will always be a joke.

What a load of bollox. How do we know Gregory will be a worse manager until we've played some games with him in charge ? Holloway turned out to be the worst manager we've ever had, hence div 1 football this season. What are you judging Gregory on ? Does he not smile enough and tell enough funny jokes for you ? Is any manager guilty until proven innocent ? Have you been to a fortune teller ? Did gypsy rose tell you that Gregory will be a worse manager and that will make MM's credibility drop and we will get relegated ?

We've had managers that have looked good at previous clubs and turned out to be utterly useless. Lets wait until we've played some games before we start to make such rediculous judgements.

I am not at all sure that we need to see any games to make a judgement about the suitability of JG to become City manager. After all managers are generally hired on their past performance and not after they have "played some games". :icon_wink

You would though, wouldn't yer, no knife at the throat needed this time! :icon_lol:

only if she said please and wore a donald duck outfit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669