John Pantsil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the BBC not considered a reliable source? I can never remember them confirming a transfer that actually hadn't gone through before.

Why the hell has my Confirmed Transfer thread been deleted. It had quotes from the player himself???

How come we were allowed a Confirmed Transfer thread for Logan based on Mike Stowell's twitter (http://talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php/33809-Logan-to-Rotherham-(loan)?highlight=logan), a thread which Jeff himself posted in, but yet the BBC or the Leicester Mercury aren't considered reliable sources for confirming transfers? It's being picky for the sake of picky, the BBC and the LM aren't going to confirm transfers if they haven't gone through yet.

Why the hell has my Confirmed Transfer thread been deleted. It had quotes from the player himself???

Please don't start confirmed transfer threads unless the news is on a reliable source - this would be the official website of either of the clubs involved, or a direct quote from someone at the club.

Really don't get why a quote from the goalkeeping coach on twitter is considered reliable, while the BBC and the Mercury combined isn't.

But I may just be being confrontational for the sake of it. ;)

Last edited:
How come we were allowed a Confirmed Transfer thread for Logan based on Mike Stowell's twitter (http://talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php/33809-Logan-to-Rotherham-(loan)?highlight=logan), a thread which Jeff himself posted in, but yet the BBC or the Leicester Mercury aren't considered reliable sources for confirming transfers? It's being picky for the sake of picky, the BBC and the LM aren't going to confirm transfers if they haven't gone through yet.

Since then there has been a policy reformulation. Furthermore there has been a clear definition of the sources to rely on in the case of a "Confirmed Transfer". It is against this background that recent events have occurred.

I hope you have found this useful. :icon_wink :icon_bigg

Perhaps I'm not important enough to start a thread!!!!! :icon_roll

Everyone is important enough to start a thread, even syd, fahey and BadSpout. :icon_bigg

Since then there has been a policy reformulation. Furthermore there has been a clear definition of the sources to rely on in the case of a "Confirmed Transfer". It is against this background that recent events have occurred.

I hope you have found this useful. :icon_wink :icon_bigg

Fair enough, mate. Thanks for letting me know there has been a change in policy, rather than a twitter account being considered more reliable than official sources.

Please don't start confirmed transfer threads unless the news is on a reliable source - this would be the official website of either of the clubs involved, or a direct quote from someone at the club.

So if the player himself gives a direct quote, does this count as a quote from someone at the club?

"I see this as the biggest challenge of my career so far and, together with my new team-mates, we will fight to make Leicester City climb to the top," he told the website Ghanasoccernet.

"I visited the club on Wednesday, met the coach and some of the club officials and I am very happy with what I saw."

He added: "The club has got a lot of ambition to succeed at a high level with their fantastic fans and that is why I chose to join them despite some other offers.

"The fact that they have coach Eriksson also says a lot about the ambitions of the club and I am obviously delighted to join in this noble cause."

So if the player himself gives a direct quote, does this count as a quote from someone at the club?

Only if there is confirmation from a reliable source as outlined by Jeff in the first place. :icon_wink

In that case I don't want him at the club as he is clearly a lying bastard!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670