Johnson to leave Bristol

Status
Not open for further replies.

RHYDAL

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bristol_city/8573494.stm

Boss Gary Johnson set to leave Bristol City

_47493578_johnson180310.jpg
Johnson signed a five year deal in September 2008

Bristol City manager Gary Johnson is set to leave his position at Ashton Gate by mutual consent on Thursday, BBC Radio Bristol understands. Chairman Stephen Lansdown is due to meet the players at 0930 to tell them.
Johnson, 54, has been at Ashton Gate since 2005 and took them up to the Championship where they lost in the 2008 play-off final to Hull City.
But they have won only twice in 12 league games and are currently within seven points of the relegation zone.
Assistant manager Keith Millen is expected to be in charge for the visit of league leaders Newcastle on Saturday.

I'd like to think we set him on his way.:)

Yet another team having thoughts way beyond the realms of reality.

Didn't he have a chance in the last 12 months to go onto a bigger club, but was blocked from talking to them?

He did well there about the right time for a change though, I think Southgate will take over to be honest.

If they can ever get the new sadium off the ground things may work out very well for them, but for now this is about as good as it gets. Johnson is a very good manager and will be back in work sooner rather than later - I remember a few people mentioning his name before Pearson was appointed, and I wouldn't have been disappointed.

To be honest, who really gives a flying **** about Bristol ****ing City?

If they can ever get the new sadium off the ground things may work out very well for them, but for now this is about as good as it gets. Johnson is a very good manager and will be back in work sooner rather than later - I remember a few people mentioning his name before Pearson was appointed, and I wouldn't have been disappointed.

:icon_eek: Let them get it built first.

To be honest, who really gives a flying **** about Bristol ****ing City?

Answer: Bristol City.

Its just the nature of the game.

Owners/ directors have inflated expectations - fans are the same. If someone like Johnson achieves a bit of success one season all he does is make his own position more dodgy in the future.

This will never change. They get good money whilst in the job and the downside is that six bad results in a row or similar means that they are out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566