bocadillo

Water Gypsy
sf.JPG

The semi-finals will be based on the results of the Euro2008 quarter-finals:

Portugal v Germany
Croatia v Turkey
Netherlands v Russia
Spain v Italy

These games will be played at 7:45 (UK time) on each of the next four nights - Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Please PM your predictions to me - do feel free to send your predictions all at once or one at a time (the prediction for each individual match must be received before the scheduled kick-off time for that match.

Best of luck to each of you!

Last edited:
Please note that in the event of a tie, I am introducing an additional criteria for splitting the teams.

1. - as before - the greater number of totally correct scores

2. - as before - the greater number of correct results

3. - new - add the total number of goals in your predictions - add the total number of goals in the real games - nearest wins, with predictions exceeding the actual taking precedence.

If you're still equal, I think I'll kick all of you out of the competition and keep the prize money for myself!!

Yorkshire Vixen said:
portugal v germany 2-1
croatia v turkey 3-1
holland v russia 3-2
spain v italy 2-0

Nottingham Fox said:
Portugal v Germany 1-1
Croatia v Turkey 2-1
Netherlands v Russia 2-0
Spain v Italy 2-1

Brown Nose's prdictions are in - just Darth Vodka still to come!

Brown Nose said:
Portugal v Germany 1-1
Croatia v Turkey 2-0
Netherlands v Russia 2-1
Spain v Italy 1-1

Darth Vodka said:
Portugal v Germany 1-0
Croatia v Turkey 2-0
Netherlands v Russia 1-1
Spain v Italy 1-1

Good Luck YV ... may the best errrr person win :icon_bigg

Portugal 2:3 Germany

Five goals at the Euros - rather fewer from our combatants here!

sf.JPG

Last edited:
Croatia 0:0 Turkey

Oh dear!

sf.JPG

haha

So, if tonight ends in a draw, I'm fecked.

However, if tonight does not end in a draw, and there is at least one more goal in the remaining two matches to be played, I'm in the final.

Am I at one with the rules?

So, if tonight ends in a draw, I'm fecked.

Correct!

However, if tonight does not end in a draw, and there is at least one more goal in the remaining two matches to be played, I'm in the final.

If Holland win tonight, DV is fecked.

If however Russia win, your match goes into the 'nearest to the total number of goals' scenario. You predicted a total of 9 goals would be scored; DV predicted 7. Therefore, for you to win the total number of goals scored in the Euro2008 matches needs to be 8* or over. The total number of goals scored so far** is 5. Therefore, in the event of a Russian win, you need at least 3 goals to be scored in the remaining two matches - but remember that at least one of them will already have been scored by Russia.

Am I at one with the rules?

Very nearly!

* In the event of both players being the same number of goals from the 'target', it is the one who predicted 'over' who wins.

** This is a 90-minute competition - only goals scored within the 90 minutes count for any purpose.

In the other semi, both YV and Notts have forecast wins for Holland and Spain, but with different scores and different goal differences for the two games. An exact score or correct goal difference for either of them tonight will put the other one under a lot of pressure for tomorrow night's game. It's in the lap of the gods.

Best of luck to all four of you!

Last edited:
Netherlands 1:1 Russia

Darth Vodka decides enough is enough, scores some points and secures his place in the final.

sf.JPG

The question is now whether YV and Nottingham can get through the whole of their semi without scoring a single point.

bunch of pisspot amateurs.

Spain 0:0 Italy

sf.JPG

Congratulations to Nottingham and Darth Vodka - you're through to the final!!! (Well at least one of them deserved it)

Brown Nose and Yorkshire Vixen now join the Consolation competition - hard luck, both of you.

Last edited:
i'm doing surprisingly ok at this, i can only put it down to watching every game

you want the semis predictions by PM Boc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669