Jordan Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the boo boy home fans decided to have an away day to Stoke !!
It certainly did not go down well with alot of the regular away fans as I saw alot of arguements going on in the crowd.
Lets hope Jordan gives the boo boys a two fingered salute by playing really well on Saturday

Just to labour this issue a bit more :roll: ......

I was sat in amongst the "chavs" who were getting on Stewarts' back - right by the group who took offence to what they were singing. Whilst not condoning the behaviour of either sides of this argument, it is something that LCFC fans of many years are constantly plagued with....someone is ALWAYS the scapegoat for the fans' frustrations. Think of the 'debate' had by most over the merits of players/managers such as Marshall in the '00's, Guppy in the late 90's, MON ( :eek: :!: ) in the early years - '97, Carey in the mid '90's, Fitzpatrick/Willis in the early '90's, Clarke in the late '80's, Bright in the mid '80's................. :!: :!:

Admittedly, some of these were shocking :wink: but the facts are, whether you like it or not, fans will always have someone to blame....it just happens to be Stewart at the moment.

PS. I didn't slag Stewart off, despite the fact that he was having a shocker and should have been taken off at half-time - regardless of the crowd reaction to his display. I did, as a youngster in the Kop, once chant about the 'removal' of a LCFC player, and it didn't make me feel too good about it afterwards...especially when the Sunday papers' reported about the "shocking treatment of one of their own by the Leicester fans"....

if you feel bad about it i suggest you never do it again. how can you claim to support a team when u slag them off? i proudly say i never chanted about how bad a player was playing or booed our team. you can't call yourself a real fan. if i meet people like you at games i tell them they are not real fans and very much scum of the...stadium?!

BH is saying that he once shouted abuse at a Player at Filbert Street when he was a Youngster.He isn't saying he booed Stewart against Stoke.Like he said there will always be a 'Scapegoat' its the way a minority of LCFC 'fans' are,I'm convinced that these people actually want the team to lose and are unhappy when we are successful.

If it makes anyone feel any better, it isn't just Leicester fans. Every team has a bunch of tw@s who can't survive without moaing. Some Man Utd fans have been booing Wayne Rooney, claiming he is overrated, Toure got loads of stick bcoz he played shite against Bayern. Even the almighty Junior Lewis has been getting abuse from Hull City fans!
It's just inevitable. I know it doesn't make it alright to boo your own players, but the truth is that, no matter what the club or other fans try to do, there will always be some moaners.

When the team comes out for kick-off and the team is annouced on the tannoy, this guy who sits in front of me always boos when Scowcroft's name is said. I mean, not even a ball has been kicked and already he is booing, that is absolutely shocking. And when Scowcroft scores (tho rarely), this guy wouldnt even clap. Why go to the game if you are gonna be upset by a player who u apparently support but hate?

highland fox said:
BH is saying that he once shouted abuse at a Player at Filbert Street when he was a Youngster.He isn't saying he booed Stewart against Stoke.Like he said there will always be a 'Scapegoat' its the way a minority of LCFC 'fans' are,I'm convinced that these people actually want the team to lose and are unhappy when we are successful.

no, sorry i wasnt directing it at him i was just stating anyone who boo's the team whilst sitting near me will get my 2cents weather i calmly tell them or weather it becomes a slanging match.

and as for lcfcrules you shouldnt stand for that shit you should have told him to **** himself. scowy was a decent player, he will probably leave us at the end of season but he served us well in the 3 years he was here. i wish him the best of luck in whatever he does, but scum who boo there own team dont deserve to be sold tickets.

Well, now Levein has spoken up:

GET OFF JORDAN'S BACK - LEVEIN
BY BILL ANDERSON
10:30 - 26 February 2005

Craig Levein has slammed "a few mindless people" for barracking one of his Leicester City players.

Jordan Stewart came in for some stick from a minority of travelling fans during the 3-2 defeat at Stoke on Tuesday.

But the City boss is delighted that a backlash from the majority of Blue Army fans silenced the critics, one of whom was ejected from the Britannia Stadium.

Levein was surprised by the terrace criticism of left-back Stewart as it came only a few days after the City supporters had backed the side to the hilt in the super FA Cup victory at Charlton. But he was delighted that sense ultimately prevailed.

Levein said: "A very small element of our supporters turned on one of our players.

"The pleasing thing for me was that the majority of our fans recognised that it was the wrong thing to do.

"Our away support has been magnificent in recent games and I am sure they would not want to see their loyalty put into question by a few mindless people.

"I don't know if it was alcohol-induced or whatever, but it was the wrong thing to do - and I am pleased with the reaction of the many others who quickly squashed it."

Meanwhile, Levein has been at the centre of more transfer speculation with his interest in Celtic goalkeeper Rab Douglas being elevated to the level of a summer signing.

But Levein played it low key, saying: "I talked with his agent over the situation but I have also talked to another four or five other agents of various players.

"That doesn't mean that (the signing of Douglas) is what we are going to do.

"It is one option. At some stage, I will have to talk to Ian Walker about a new contract and if he says no then I will have to have a contingency plan. That is what management is all about."

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co....&sourceNode=132378&contentPK=11903802

I hope people listen.

no doubt there will be some fans (such as Chandler) who is still bitter about not being able to w@nk over MA anymore and dislike CL so that they will keep on moaning just to piss everyone else off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669