Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Sam Allardyce (!)

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Other....

Votes: 10 10.8%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voted for Billy Davies, but has anyone mentioned Tony Adams yet?

Looking to leave Portsmouth now and theres the obvious Redknapp - Portsmouth - Mandaric connection?

FFS! It has to be someone funny!

My vote goes to Bill Bailey

bill_bailey_l.jpg

"Three women walk into a pub and say, `Hooray, we've colonised a male-dominated joke format'"

I'd go for Penney, has the record for promtion against the odds, including a back-to-back one (it'd be nice if he could repeat that)

I don't think the likes of Allardyce or Ince will come, but it isn't a complete non-starter and IMO dismissing it out of hand is just silly. Here's a precedent...

Allardyce is a big name. Keegan is a bigger name.
Allardyce was sacked from Newcastle. Keegan resigned from Newcastle.
Allardyce got Bolton into the top six. Keegan had Newcastle in the top two.
So, Keegan's stock was considerably higher than Allardyce's.
Yet Keegan then went to Fulham, for the money. Fulham were a much smaller club than City are now, in the equivalent of League 1.

People often talk like they know these managers personally - oh, he'll never come here! How do you know what their frame of mind is? Allardyce has been successful at small and mid-sized clubs but fecked up at a big club. Who knows - we might be just what he's looking for...

As I said, I think it's pretty unlikely, but if you don't ask, you don't get. If you aim low, you'll get crap, guaranteed. IMO we might as well try and hook the biggest fish available. What's the worst that can happen?

People often talk like they know these managers personally - oh, he'll never come here! How do you know what their frame of mind is?
Brilliant Dessy :038:

The simplicity in those words is heaven sent.

Are you calling me simple? Grrrrr!

:icon_lol:
No, I'm admiring you for having the ability to say that without resorting to calling those people ***** or ***** *** ***** or ******** ****** ***** ******** ****'s.

I want Larry Grayson as next manager. The actual Larry Grayson. Get your spade and meet me at the cemetary. Shut that (Coffin) Door...

Grayson is the obvious choice. Recent experience of this league and Championship when we go up, Would be popular choice with the fans and play decent "ground" football

Grayson is the obvious choice. Recent experience of this league and Championship when we go up, Would be popular choice with the fans and play decent "ground" football

Why is Grayson the obvious choice? The question asked was 'Who would we like as Manager?' not 'Who is likely to apply/take the job?'

Davies and Big Sam would appear to be more obvious choices as better managers.

I certainly do not regard experience of this league as relevant. Do you not think Ferguson or Wenger could get us promoted?

Big Sam certainly knows how to coach/put out teams to beat all styles of opposition play.

I am sure if MM put enough money on the table, and managerial freedom, he could attract a good manager, who could romp through this division with some good players.

What we will also need in League 3 are some big tough players. It is not going to be pretty down here!

Last edited:
The Scottish Daily Mirror says that MM will meet Billy Davies for talks this week and Davies is the man he wants,second choice is Simon Grayson

I have refocused and I am getting myself ready to start again with a fully charged battery," Allardyce told the Bolton News.

Well Sam we surely need your magic.

We need Allardyce like a hole in the head - long ball rubbish and all that comes with the big ignorant t-pot - no smoke without fire - got enough with Milan under suspicion.

Can't believe that some people have voted for Mike Newell ahead of Sam Allardyce

WTF :102:

Wonderful stuff, alex - make it a Lemon Drizzle cake and you might be in business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669