Kante Circus begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.espnfc.com/blog/transfer...for-leicester-departure-to-join-conte-chelsea

So this article says that Kanté is leaving for Chelsea (and a lot of other press are suggesting the same) - but also that he effectively has a reserve price in place. So we only have to accept the highest bidder over £20m.

If Deeney is worth £25m, then N'Golo is worth £100m!!!!

The mirror are linking him to every club they can at the minute hardly great investigational journalism, rumour is there is 7-8 clubs looking and waiting when to pounce, he could go for 100 million plus

Personally I hope he stays

This may sound ridiculous but I'd rather keep Kante than have £100 million in the bank. He is irreplaceable.

This may sound ridiculous but I'd rather keep Kante than have £100 million in the bank. He is irreplaceable.

He is quality but not irreplaceable, is there any news on matty james? Also we are hopefully signing the lad from France, everyone said we were screwed when Cambiasso left I think we became a better side when he went, not that he wasnt outstanding for us and the main reason we stayed up!

He is quality but not irreplaceable, is there any news on matty james? Also we are hopefully signing the lad from France, everyone said we were screwed when Cambiasso left I think we became a better side when he went, not that he wasnt outstanding for us and the main reason we stayed up!
Possibly harsh on poor Matty but I genuinely laughed out loud when I read that

Can't see him winding up playing for another English club - especially Chelsea. Who knows what his preference would be. Nobody really seems to know exactly what his release clause is either.... Hopefully we can persuade him that he can win more trophies here. At least we have already shown our intent to improve on last season by adding plenty of new faces already early on in this transfer window and also showing that we are willing to spend good money and fight to keep our current squad together!

Hopefully Mahrez will persuade him to stay in the 'Remain' camp!

He should also see that bringing players like Musa and Mendy in shows we are serious about building a strong competitive squad.

Sven's club Shanghai apparently ready to make a £35m offer! http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/shanghai-set-lodge-35million-ngolo-8382376

The article also has more info/a different take on the release clause, stating it just means they have a chance to talk to Kante but we don't have to accept any offer

The 'we only have to accept the highest bidder' clause that was mentioned did make me think.

What if the owners got a friend from some relatively unattractive foreign club to make a huge offer for him. That would mean that any of the clubs Kante would leave us for (Madrid, PSG, Chelsea) would have to exceed it in order to get him.

Sven and the owners remain good friends apparently.

The 'we only have to accept the highest bidder' clause that was mentioned did make me think.

What if the owners got a friend from some relatively unattractive foreign club to make a huge offer for him. That would mean that any of the clubs Kante would leave us for (Madrid, PSG, Chelsea) would have to exceed it in order to get him.

Sven and the owners remain good friends apparently.
The same thought crossed my mind.

I'm starting Even Realer Madrid from an industrial estate in Luffbruh. We are bidding a billion pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669