Kasper Schmeichel

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Kasper Schmeichel it's all about one thing in the coming season. To try to establish itself as a real keeper in Leicester, which has moved to the Premier League.

This is despite offers from other clubs and the opportunity to move on in football career, but everyone - including quite interesting things - has been rejected.

- I can not put concrete things on the table. But there have been opportunities, and there have been some very interesting things.

- My goal has always been to play in the Premier League, and it must Leicester now and I feel really good about the club, says Schmeichel.

Leicester won the second best British series with Schmeichel as solid goalkeeper, and it is also the goal to preserve the square at the highest level.

- I do not think there is any reason to start taking chances with my career right now. You are never guaranteed to play, but I do know that I have a good chance to play in Leicester.

- For me, time has always been the most important. If it had not been the case, then there might have been some very fun club switches considered.

- But that's not what I'm interested in right now. For me it's about playing and trying to establish myself as a Premier League goalkeeper, and then we will see from there, he says.

Currently, Schmeichel joined with the national team in Elsinore, where he has views to boot into Wednesday's friendly against Sweden at Parken.

- It's a good duel. I think we are three really good goalkeepers in the squad. And of course we would all play. So it is that we all provide best effort when we train.

- If you then get the chance, so we grab the hope, says Kasper Schmeichel.

In addition Schmeichel's Jesper Hansen and Stephan Andersen, who was on target in Thursday's 2-2 match away to Hungary, also in the national team squad.

That must have been a google translate or something similar, Jeff? It´s very close to the actual translation although last paragraph translates to " As well as Schmeichel, Jesper Hansen and Stephan Andersen, who was in goal for thursdays 2-2 draw away against Hungary, are included in the national squadl"

- I do not think there is any reason to start taking chances with my career right now. You are never guaranteed to play, but I do know that I have a good chance to play in Leicester.

Or in English-English - " I'm happy to earn peanuts playing for Leicester rather than getting big bucks sitting on the bench at a bigger club"

Kept a clean sheet tonight as Denmark beat Sweden 1-0

Kept a clean sheet tonight as Denmark beat Sweden 1-0

If that's all the highlights then it must have been a bloody boring game...

Agger Pen to win it in the 90th. Nice save from KS in the first clip.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's going to be ****ing devastated when he realises American Adventure closed down years ago.

Well I certainly am. I ****ing loved that place as a kid. Was still in it's heyday when I moved to the actual America.

I'm going to spend this morning reading about it.

Well I certainly am. I ****ing loved that place as a kid. Was still in it's heyday when I moved to the actual America.

It's quite interesting, was just left in the early stages of it's closure.

I only went there once and didnt think much to it.

Daily express have an interview with Kasper about why he turned down so many of European best clubs to sign a new 4 year deal here. So I guess he stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669