Keep Ian Holloway!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are probably right, keep Holloway long enough and the law of averages says he will eventually select/ buy some decient players and win some matches. But the questions you need to concider are;
How long will it take?
Where will we go until we arrive at the Holyland?
Will MM carry on throwing good money at bad players?
Will the fan base diminish?
Finally
Could another better manager get us there quicker?
The only reason we are in this mess is because of poor managers.
MM should stop trying to do things on the cheap, get his money out and bring a proven quality manager who will make it happen at city

I agree with all that, but I really cannot see why sacking him now would do any good whatsoever.

If he were to be sacked now, we would have had 2 opportunities to buy players since MM arrived, and both times we would have then sacked the bloke who bought all the players almost straight away. That then leaves the next bloke with a load of players he doesn't want, and the process begins again and we get relegated.

I'm not going to defend everything Holloway has done because that would be ridiculous, and I don't agree with some of his tactics and signings (Howard in particular I think is ****ing atrocious) but I am willing to give him this season at the very very least to get everything together.

It's a close league, and a couple of wins sends you flying up the league and everything seems rosy, and likewise a couple of defeats and you drop into trouble and everyone wants Holloway strung up again.

If he were to be sacked now, we would have had 2 opportunities to buy players since MM arrived, and both times we would have then sacked the bloke who bought all the players almost straight away. That then leaves the next bloke with a load of players he doesn't want, and the process begins again and we get relegated.

I think a new manager would be fairly pleased with the squad.

I think most would agree they are capable of better. Its just getting the best out of them that's the problem, cue Ollie................

I think most would agree they are capable of better. Its just getting the best out of them that's the problem, cue Ollie................

I agree totally with that.

The great puzzle to me is why Holloway can't get them to play. They aren't the best squad but they are being regularly turned over by apparantly weaker outfits. A few weeks ago there was an attempt to blame the crowd - a pretty pathetic excuse.

The fact is that his record at Leicester is awful - the results are awful and the performances are awful. Anyone with any sense knows that this simply can't carry on - Holloway will know that.

His time is running out fast and he desparately needs some decent results starting with Norwich.

So, are you saying that Holloway has improved the squad, or that it was a pleasing squad before his arrival?
If the former, surely he should be given more time and if the latter; why have the string of previous managers failed?

So, are you saying that Holloway has improved the squad, or that it was a pleasing squad before his arrival?
If the former, surely he should be given more time and if the latter; why have the string of previous managers failed?

Hes definately improved the squad. He also got rid of a load of crap, and should be applauded for it.

But it will be to no avail if he dont get them playing and winning.

Hes definately improved the squad. He also got rid of a load of crap, and should be applauded for it.

That's an unfair assessment of the players that have gone. Yes some of them were obviously not going to make the grade, but there were some quality players who just didn't perform. Just like those that we've still got !
That comes down to man management, Holloway so far is lacking in all respects of that.

Though we could do with better players, It is not the lack of quality in the squad that concerns me. Its the players total lack of drive and commitment that worries me. Ok Ollie has inherited a lot of unhappy players, but he has brought in new players and he has now, had enough time to turn the squad into a team that for 90 minutes, give their heart and sole for the Club, manager and fans. But, that is just not happening.

The players know how little they are contributing.
They know how much they are letting Ollie down.
They definatly know what this is doing to the fans.
And thick as they may be, they know that the club is facing relegation.

Yet they just dont seam to care. Why?

Is there anyone that can give me a logical explination? Because I con only think of one reason

A manager with poor man managment skills

Motivational skills the Leicester City way .....

Imagine your new boss at work comes in and says your crap - and then brings in 14 more workers to do your job and pays them more than you. His boss then falls out with him and sacks him.

A new manager comes in and also says you are crap - including the 14 new workers the previous manager bought in. He then thinks sod this for a game of soldiers and buggers off to a bigger firm - where he confirms that he thinks you are all crap by not trying to get any of you work for him.

So far you have been told you are crap by two managers - one of them in public on the radio.

Then another boss comes in - this one doesn't say you are crap in so many words but he does bring in some new workers anyway. Then he says you were crap - but not to you to all the listeners of a radio show.

I would love to be a professional footballer - but I think I might have been worn down by a little of whats been going on this season at Leicester City. Not asking for sympathy for the players ....but a little understanding of what they have been through.

As for the managers - I guess the best are those you are a little in awe of - or even frightened of. The question is ... has Ollie got this in him? We will see in the next half a dozen games!

Motivational skills the Leicester City way .....

Imagine your new boss at work comes in and says your crap - and then brings in 14 more workers to do your job and pays them more than you. His boss then falls out with him and sacks him.

A new manager comes in and also says you are crap - including the 14 new workers the previous manager bought in. He then thinks sod this for a game of soldiers and buggers off to a bigger firm - where he confirms that he thinks you are all crap by not trying to get any of you work for him.

So far you have been told you are crap by two managers - one of them in public on the radio.

Then another boss comes in - this one doesn't say you are crap in so many words but he does bring in some new workers anyway. Then he says you were crap - but not to you to all the listeners of a radio show.

I would love to be a professional footballer - but I think I might have been worn down by a little of whats been going on this season at Leicester City. Not asking for sympathy for the players ....but a little understanding of what they have been through.

As for the managers - I guess the best are those you are a little in awe of - or even frightened of. The question is ... has Ollie got this in him? We will see in the next half a dozen games!

To add to this context...

Some of the employed sales force have been criticised for not doing the cleaning well but continue to be asked to clean.

The junior staff members are continually criticised by the experienced staff, although the juniors are at least trying to do something while the seniors can be found leaning against the coffee machine or having a sneaky fag out the back.

Meanwhile the top boss continues to take calls from every recruitment consultant and accounts are horrified about the amount of money paid out in finders fees....

Well the next two games will be interesting, this is where you find out if the players like him or not. If they want a new manager that they will carry on playing like headless chickens if they want to keep him, then they will need to get stuck in. I think the next 2 or 3 games are crucial. Lets wait and see!!!

Why are Leicester fans such an embarassing, reactionary bunch tossers??

My opinion isn't reactionary, I've been of this opinion since before xmas. Just decided it's time to air my views on a tactically inept manager who obviously has no motivational skills. He's been a mediocre manager at mediocre clubs. Our club and these players are a step to far for him.

I think you both need to make sure what reactionary means. Reactionaries are conservative and resistant to change. The word you are looking for might be 'revolutionary'.

I don't think that people who view the current situation as unacceptable nor those who want to cling on to Holloway are "nutters".

It's just a matter of opinion - and for MM a matter of judgement.

My gut feeling is that the job is too much for Holloway - he has a reputation for being amusingly quirky but it's beginning to look as if he is losing the plot now. For instance, I 'm not impressed by his claim after the Watford defeat that the worst thing that could have happened in the game was for Watford to have a player sent off.

Sorry, Ollie but I can advise you that second to scoring a goal, the next best thing is to see an opposition player red carded. It means Ollie that they are going to have less players than you and the idea is that your team can then start to knock the ball about and stretch their defence, particularly when they are at home and still are minded to go for a win.

The real issue isn't about keeping or getting rid of Holloway, it's about whether or not there is anyone better who we can bring in.

5 games, he [Worthington] lost 3, got lucky in the other 2. it was more to do with the other results i think

Ask yourself which two he won though - and what the three he lost had in common. Answer the question successfully and you will have the key to the complete lack of progress under any of the managers in recent years.

You are probably right, keep Holloway long enough and the law of averages says he will eventually select/ buy some decient players and win some matches. But the questions you need to concider are;
How long will it take?
Where will we go until we arrive at the Holyland?
Will MM carry on throwing good money at bad players?
Will the fan base diminish?
Finally
Could another better manager get us there quicker?
The only reason we are in this mess is because of poor managers.
MM should stop trying to do things on the cheap, get his money out and bring a proven quality manager who will make it happen at city

It must be great to have such a simplistic view. I hadn't realised that things could be so easily sorted.
:bang:

Last edited:
should you not be out delivering parcels?

Well boy thicko that is very funny , i probably earn more in a month that you do in a year and its nothing to do with parcels.Whats wrong cant get over your loss the other night? Whats it now then we are in 8th and you are still in 20th but the pack is closing and Norwich will do you also.:110:

Well boy thicko that is very funny , i probably earn more in a month that you do in a year and its nothing to do with parcels.Whats wrong cant get over your loss the other night? Whats it now then we are in 8th and you are still in 20th but the pack is closing and Norwich will do you also.:110:

I don't think you do, actually

:081::081::081:

You are a complete tool. I would expect that comment from a 15yr old, your 46 ffs. Grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669