Kelechi Iheanacho - time to show this man some respect

Graz

Nacho's back in the team, and we're back winning. This man deserves his own thread.

Yes Maddison is also back, and we've got new signings - but Nacho has been integral to the last few performances.

I think he's showing exactly what some of us have been saying about him for a while, and hopefully his haters are starting to see this already. We are a much, much better side with him in the team because he links thinks together better - he just needs players around him that can feed off him. The tactical setup the last couple of games now has Maddison and Tete closer to him to feed him or feed off him, and that's working well already.

He seems to have a great attitude - he's been criminally underused and yet always seems to be patiently waiting his turn.

And his stats back up why he should've had more chances than he's been getting...

Anyone ready to admit they're wrong about him yet?

I've always loved and appreciated him.

Since Vardy went into his terminal decline, he's been easily the best forward available and criminally underused.

There was one moment on Saturday when he passed the ball straight out of play under no pressure that led to a right old hissy fit from Rodgers who hurled his water bottle and notepad in a furious act of petulance.

It illustrated perfectly why he doesn't play. Rodgers just cannot tolerate him. He cannot bear a player that is so random and un-coachable.

If you accept Iheanacho for who he is, he's wonderful.

Since Vardy went into his terminal decline, he's been easily the best forward available and criminally underused.

There was one moment on Saturday when he passed the ball straight out of play under no pressure that led to a right old hissy fit from Rodgers who hurled his water bottle and notepad in a furious act of petulance.

It illustrated perfectly why he doesn't play. Rodgers just cannot tolerate him. He cannot bear a player that is so random and un-coachable.

I'm with you 100% on that.

You have to take the good with the bad. I think his randomness is part of his quality, and his joy.

He's a bit like Okazaki for me in some ways... Shinji could just as easily fall over the ball as do something good with it, but we were far better with him in the side. Only Nacho scores far more too.

The lad is basically Leicester City in player form.

A complete enigma

He should have had way more opportunities. He even made Vardy look good....

Basically word for word what Piper has said. I agree.

Such a strange player - capable of the magnificent and absolutely rubbish.

I've been in the camp of him thinking it was best if he left the club - not used, not obvious where he fits in the system, often poor as a sub.

But...he's shown me up for being an idiot. The guy is a difference maker. He scores and he assists every time he's given a run in the team.
He deserves his chance for the rest of the season to be first choice.

Yep and I know the moment you're talking about too, we saw it as well.

Maybe this will turn out to be his best season with us so far. A lot of factors are coming together to give him an extended spell in the starting line-up: the decline of Vardy; the departure of Perez; and Daka being very underwhelming.

Maybe this will turn out to be his best season with us so far. A lot of factors are coming together to give him an extended spell in the starting line-up: the decline of Vardy; the departure of Perez; and Daka being very underwhelming.
Tough to see his second half of 2020-21 being beaten. Top scorer, amazing goals, and helping us win the FA Cup

Yep and I know the moment you're talking about too, we saw it as well.
I saw it too but I don't think he was annoyed with Nacho. He was pissed off about the players pissing about with the ball and losing possession. It's criminal to give the ball away so cheaply.

He is one of the clumsiest, infuriating non-footballer-looking players to play for us in recent years, yet blink and he’ll have done something incredible.

One day he looks league two standard, the next he looks champions league level.

His goal on Saturday was as sublime as it was nonchalant
Lovely pass from Harry, as well

Played like a blind baby deer with arthritis in all four left hooves on Sunday. Again.

This is what you get with him. A couple of really decent games followed by a couple of Nacho-esque masterclasses. Like I've said many a time, he will never, ever be good enough to lead the line in this division. He simply isn't consistent enough.

Played like a blind baby deer with arthritis in all four left hooves on Sunday. Again.

This is what you get with him. A couple of really decent games followed by a couple of Nacho-esque masterclasses. Like I've said many a time, he will never, ever be good enough to lead the line in this division. He simply isn't consistent enough.

Haaland has been utterly insignificant and hopeless for around half of his games for Man City this year. Salah ditto. Did you see Kane against us the other week?

Even at his peak, Vardy was often ineffective for us.

Suggesting Iheanacho must be great more often is expecting something no striker can achieve.

Haaland has been utterly insignificant and hopeless for around half of his games for Man City this year. Salah ditto. Did you see Kane against us the other week?

Suggesting Iheanacho must be great more often is expecting something no striker can achieve.
Indeed. If he kept up his top form he’d be one of the most lethal strikers on earth and nowhere near our club.

He’s a good premier league striker and has proven it, in my opinion.

You're not comparing Haaland to Ihenacho? I mean... you're not doing that. Like, at all? Surely? A man who has 26 in 23 in his first season and in what is a largely inconsistent Manchester City side.

You've written some utter shit in your time but this is ****ing madness of the Piers Morgan type wibble.

Jesus ****ing Christ on a bike with a **** at the helm.

I'm not suggesting he should be great every game, just more than a third would be a ****ing start.

Indeed. If he kept up his top form he’d be one of the most lethal strikers on earth and nowhere near our club.

He’s a good premier league striker and has proven it, in my opinion.
That's the exact point. He wouldn't. He can't. He's completely ****ing incapable of that type of consistency.

He's a decent enough option at times but any comparisons to Salah or Haaland....

****ing utter, utter, utter white dog shit.

You're not comparing Haaland to Ihenacho? I mean... you're not doing that. Like, at all? Surely? A man who has 26 in 23 in his first season and in what is a largely inconsistent Manchester City side.

You've written some utter shit in your time but this is ****ing madness of the Piers Morgan type wibble.

Jesus ****ing Christ on a bike with a **** at the helm.

I'm not suggesting he should be great every game, just more than a third would be a ****ing start.

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Iheanacho is a better striker than Haaland, Salah and Kane combined. And Messi. And Ronaldo - the old one and the new one. And Greaves. And Maradona too.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563