Kent v Leics CC

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a joke, isn't it? Can you imagine any other 'professional' sporting team that puts players in that aren't even listed as being registered?!

I actually thought we had signed another Scot on loan by the name of Berrington, but he never plays!

Yes tough on Joseph seeing as he is presumably our leading wicket taker (and signed from Kent so would have liked to have played in this game more than any other to prove a point to them).

Kent 210-3 at lunch. Another thrashing on the cards. This season is taking on a remarkable likeness to last year, win the first game and then don't win again in any format for months. We are slowly settling back to the bottom of the league in everything.

Given that he scored 9 runs batting at number 6 and has so far bowled 8 overs out of 128 (as opposed to the 13 overs delivered by Jacques du Toit) perhaps they thought it wasn't worthwhile introducing us to him. I don't think he'll be hanging around long

Joseph must be injured surely? I can't believe they'd have left him out of this one otherwise, and also Naik. If Naik is injured and they wanted a second spinner then why not give Sykes a go? If he's not ever going to get a game why bother having him in the first place?

Joseph not injured, they wanted to play the extra spinner (this new guy). Buck doesnt take any wickets these days though so joseph would have been more effective surely. Naik is injured.

Good point about Sykes.

It's a joke, isn't it? Can you imagine any other 'professional' sporting team that puts players in that aren't even listed as being registered?!

Kent 210-3 at lunch. Another thrashing on the cards. This season is taking on a remarkable likeness to last year, win the first game and then don't win again in any format for months. We are slowly settling back to the bottom of the league in everything.

Obviously there is the Members' Forum in which questions can be asked.....like did anyone on the coaching staff or management committee really believe that we have a squad that can possibly compete this season. I've seen our teams back to the days of Charlie Palmer and we have had some struggling teams - but I don't think that we have ever been devoid of quality to this extent - especially re. batting.

We are now 64/7.

This is up there with some of our most disastrous and embarrasing performances of the last few years. Truly pathetic.

Just needs Nathan and Ned to hold on for another four sessions and 4 points (1 for the bowling, 3 for the draw) is ours!

If we go into matches with 2 batsmen and 3 bowlers then we're in for a long season.

The irony is we were batting ok, relatively, when the country was rained off and other teams were struggling. Prime batting conditions and we collapse like a cheap tent.

The Mockers in full effect! 113 all out.

Well I suppose it beats the sub-50 totals we clocked up more than once last season and saves the thousands making the journey from Leicester to Canterbury in anticipation of a great escape tomorrow.

Glamorgan - You Are Next.

The Mockers in full effect! 113 all out.

Well I suppose it beats the sub-50 totals we clocked up more than once last season and saves the thousands making the journey from Leicester to Canterbury in anticipation of a great escape tomorrow.

Glamorgan - You Are Next.

I've got Wednesday afternoon off to head down to Sophia Gardens for that one. Let's hope they make it to the end of Day 2.

Just needs Nathan and Ned to hold on for another four sessions and 4 points (1 for the bowling, 3 for the draw) is ours!

If we go into matches with 2 batsmen and 3 bowlers then we're in for a long season.

In my opinion only Hoggard (at a push - and certainly not as captain); Buck (assuming his loss of form is temporary) and Henderson ( a minor miracle how he keeps bowling so consistently) are worthy of bowling places.

Only Sarwan and Cobb are worthy of batting places

and i quite like Eckersley as a batsman/ keeper.

The rest are simply not good enough to play at this level......possibly excepting Jefferson who when fit can give the ball quite a smack.

Most of the rest have been hanging around for years now and are regressing rather than improving. Its a waste of time employing Ben Smith as a batting coach. By this stage of their careers the mould for these players eg. Smith, Boyse, Du Toit is cast. One of the core problems is the make up of the coaching team as a whole....all old boys who fit into a cosy little set up...when one old boy leaves another gets brought in. The other core problem is the fact that only one quality bat was brought in this winter to replace three leaving. The batting was woeful last season...how did they expect to get on with it being weaker still?

I've got Wednesday afternoon off to head down to Sophia Gardens for that one. Let's hope they make it to the end of Day 2.

Realised this weekend that the last time I went to see County at Sophia Gardens in the Championship I witnessed HD making our record individual score.

A repeat is unlikely.

At present Boyce, Thornely, Cobb, Sarwan and Eckersley have scored hundreds and White has made some runs. Smith and Du Toit average around and less than 15 this season after 8 games. To play one in the first team is bad management to play both means that there needs to be a signficant review of the structure of Leicestershire CCC. Having two out of the top 5 with averages of 15 and below is major weakness and puts extra pressure on the rest.

Smith has a big problem with LBWs and plays across the line and you can't compare Boyce to Du Toit and Smith. Boyce will, if he plays a significant amount of games get over 700/800 runs at around 30 a season and Jefferson likewise is closer to 1000 runs a season batsman. Smith has talent and is the best part of a decade younger than Du Toit, who has averaged 15 over all forms of cricket for the past 2 years. Du Toit has had 1 good season and nothing else. As pointed out Cobb will always be hit and miss. It's too early to say whether Thornely will be good or bad. One thing is for sure is that Du Toit shouldn't be near the first team. Kadeer Ali isn't being used probably for me - he should be in the one day side for sure.

On the bowling Hoggard, Henderson, White, Malik and Joseph are Leicester best bowlers at present and probably in that order. Hoggard and Henderson can't carry on much longer, White seems to get runs and wickets, but can be expensive, Joseph hit and miss and Malik is being underused in a big way. White is not a 3rd seamer, more a 4/5 seamer and to go into a game with Buck, who rarely takes wickets at present and Joseph, who is all or nothing type player is bad selection.

Bar White I think most of bowlers particuarly Buck and Wyatt have gone backwards, so whoever is in charge of the bowling needs to take look at themselves. Naik was bowling rubbish before he got injured and was being outbowled by Sykes, Henderson is becoming more expensive. All the bowlers are shipping no balls and wides by the gallon load at present.

Finally Glamorgan's bowling isn't that bad Waters and Allenby are decent enough, Cosker is experienced spinner and James Harris is probably one of the best seamers in the divison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566