Kirkland's injury - why no word ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bald reynard

Sven said Kirkland was having a scan on his back injury on Monday and City would know the extent of it - and whether he'd be able to resume his loan with us - on Tuesday. It's now Thursday and there's been no word from anyone. Is that good or bad news ? As a conspiracy theorist, I think the latter - he's jiggered and won't be coming to us - possibly even might have finished his career :102:

Last edited:
I think it's more likely to be because eveyone's knows he is injured, knows his history of injury problems and they'll know more after a week's treatment.

No point reporting anything until the full extent is revealed to the physio's and they've had a good look at him.

Saying that, what do I know :102:

Well, you sound incredibly knowledgeable to me, I trust everything that you've made up and will now treat it as an established fact.

Thank you Macky - I will now back up all your posts as factually correct in support...

:icon_bigg

Well, you sound incredibly knowledgeable to me, I trust everything that you've made up and will now treat it as an established fact.

Oh be nice!

Gordon Banks was at the game on Monday and I wondered what he thought of Weale's two saves. IMO Banks or Shilton would have been proud of them. If Kirkland was fit for Saturday (which I presume will not be the case) to drop Weale would be a poor reward for a superb performance.

If Kirkland was fit for Saturday (which I presume will not be the case) to drop Weale would be a poor reward for a superb performance.

Certainly my thoughts, and hopefully that of every sensible person.

Weale looked very good, the threat of being dropped may have had an effect. Which means at least one good thing came from Kirklands short spell.

I cant imagine that this will be the end of Kirkland though, im confident he will join on loan till the end of the season, unless the injury is long term. Surely Sven & co knew about his back and took the gamble knowing full well it would crop up at some point, they wouldnt just discard him would they?

Weale looked very good, the threat of being dropped may have had an effect. Which means at least one good thing came from Kirklands short spell.

I cant imagine that this will be the end of Kirkland though, im confident he will join on loan till the end of the season, unless the injury is long term. Surely Sven & co knew about his back and took the gamble knowing full well it would crop up at some point, they wouldnt just discard him would they?

Let's hope so. No more Morris, Eadie, Cort, Blake et al. :018:

Let's hope so. No more Morris, Eadie, Cort, Blake et al. :018:

Of that infamous quartet Cort was my favourite since he passed his medical while being injured. A fit Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink then passed his medical only to find that Martin Allen had changed his mind because he had already got an "awesome" striker in Carl Cort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669