Kisnorbo wants to stay for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micky

Kisnorbo wants to stay for life

Patrick Kisnorbo wants to see out the rest of his career at Leicester City, he revealed today.
The Australia international, who is 28 next week, is out of contract at the Walkers Stadium in the summer.
Kisnorbo said: “I'm the longest-serving player here so I would like to think this would be my final club.”
Any discussions about his future are on hold until the end of what looks like being a promotion-winning campaign for City.
“It is really at the back of my mind and all I am concentrating on is the final eight games,” he said.
“Then I can sit down with the manager (Nigel Pearson) and talk about what is going to happen in the future.”
Kisnorbo joined City from Hearts in the summer of 2005 and has made nearly 150 appearances for the club.
But, for almost a year, Kisnorbo's career has been blighted by injury - and the disappointment of City falling into the third tier for the first time in the club's history.
However, he says it is a “real bonus” to be playing again and to be involved in City's final push to climb out of League One at the first attempt.
He returned to action against Millwall last weekend after four months on the sidelines with an injury to his right knee, suffered seven games into his comeback from a cruciate ligament injury to his other knee.
He said: “I could not have faced being out for a whole year and it is great to be back before the end of the season. I want to be part of it and if it only means getting five minutes here or there then so be it.”
So far, the signs are that Kisnorbo could have more game time than he was anticipating.
He appeared for the final seven minutes of last weekend's victory against Millwall and then played for an hour in the behind-closed-doors friendly against an English Colleges X1 on Tuesday.
“I've had no problems with the knee and I'm fit and raring to go,” he said.
“It was great to be part of a winning set-up. Since I've been here, we've been fighting relegation and then gone down so it's great to be pushing towards something.
“The manager's kept a settled squad and confidence has played a big part too. I also think the chemistry among the players is a winning ingredient.”
Kisnorbo's return to full fitness is timely with Bulgarian star Aleksandar Tunchev and on-loan Hull defender Wayne Brown both sidelined by injury.
“Wayne will be back very soon so that does mean competition but that's a healthy thing,” he said.

Interesting......should we sign him up again?

Last edited:
Hmm.. Doesn't strike me as the words of someone who has been told personally (by NP) that he is not wanted at the club (if you believe rumour mongers). Unless, of course, those rumours were unfounded.

I hope he does stay.

I'd love it if he stays. Tunchev Kisnorbo & Hobbs would be brilliant competition for the 2 centre back positions

It could be that he's not had the offers he anticipated from bigger clubs and he's desperately trying to get a new contract with us.

A guy who misses a season through injury isn't in a good barganing position with other clubs - it's great he's returned now so that we can evaluate his worth to us. I'd say give him a four year contract at a reasonable price.

If he can stay fit and can fit into the more passing defence we now have then he would be great, two big ifs though.

2nd best defender in the squad. It's a no brainer.

He's a good man marker. He can head the ball reasonably well. An okay tackler.

However, if he had any serious pretensions of being a decent footballer he would have learnt to pass the ball. He simply cannot do it.

As a result, his interventions are generally followed by giving the ball straight back to the opposition.

Tunchev and Hobbs are far superior footballers.

Yesterday's news. Release and forget.

A guy who misses a season through injury isn't in a good barganing position with other clubs - it's great he's returned now so that we can evaluate his worth to us. I'd say give him a four year contract at a reasonable price.

You can't give a four-year contract to a man who has just spent a year out injured; it would be a crazy thing to do. The people that know will tell you that it looks doubtful that he will be offered any kind of contract by the club.

you "can't" or you "shouldn't"?

End of last season you were all banging on about him being the only decent player in the team and sure to move upwards as soon as he returned from his injury. He seemed a decent championship player to me. As long as the docs say the injury is in the past I'd sign him to 32 on a cheap contract.

You don't have to be a total cynic to realise the nature of this game and on that note of cynisism how predictable was it that fryatt's form would dip in syncro with his new contract?

Kisnorbo and his agent have in the past angled for a move away - and good luck to them.

Now he is damaged goods, they are looking for the long term contract comfort zone.

As being one of the City players I have actually watched play for a decent number of games, I can say that if fit he is one of our better and more useful players at second tier level. Whether he gets that contract must be entirely down to medical opinions.

You don't have to be a total cynic to realise the nature of this game and on that note of cynisism how predictable was it that fryatt's form would dip in syncro with his new contract?
Apparently you do though, Redditch. We're not allowed to dis' the Fryatt.

du du, du du.

Apparently you do though, Redditch. We're not allowed to dis' the Fryatt.

du du, du du.

Mmmm - not many better examples than Fryatt of someone who can play if and when he feels like it. Definitely looks like a finisher but can't be arsed to do it for too long.

Mmmm - not many better examples than Fryatt of someone who can play if and when he feels like it. Definitely looks like a finisher but can't be arsed to do it for too long.

Very unfair given the number of goals he has scored this season. :018: I believe that if there were currently only 23 ten/twenty second spells in the league where he was bothered then that is good enough so far. :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669