Knowing -Kingys Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingy_85

KNOWING

I rented this "knowing" that it wasnt going to be any good, so really i cant complain (no pun intended there).

Dispite intial worries this film starts off ok, even if it is filmed in that "pointless American cheese" style, it moves along quite well.

Nicolas Cage plays a Widowed father turned drunk, who discovers a list of disasters past and present and goes about trying to solve the mystery surrounding it. Its a good performance by Cage, he does play the role well, its just, i cant help thinking that a man of his stature must have realised the insane direction that the movie was heading in towards the final act.

Y'see its at this point where we are all expecting our main character to go out and stop a string of disasters that havent even happened yet but unfortunately thats not the case.

It all goes wrong with the appearence of several Swedish strangers, It was at this point that i turned to my mates and said "they are going to be the downfall of this movie" , and i was right. The film takes a disastrous turn that Indy fans all over the globe are familiar with.

Even the horrific disaster scenes couldnt rescue this from the pit of eternal crap. I wont give much more away, althought clearly you shouldnt be watching this movie.

Star Rating : 3/10

Highlight : The Plane Crash - although slightly conveniant.

Mostly agree with all of what you've said. Up to half way it was a decent film. NC should be able to steer away from shite films nowadays, shouldn't he?

Mostly agree with all of what you've said. Up to half way it was a decent film. NC should be able to steer away from shite films nowadays, shouldn't he?

Personal opinion but I think he is complete knob cheese for chosing to do blockbuster films such as Ghost Rider and National Treasure complete feckin garbage. He obviously doesn't rate himself as an actor to choose to take a pay day from such dross.

I thoroughly enjoy the National Treasure films.

Ghost Rider was garbage, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670