La Bamba

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Bamba has shown more effort and guile in one game than Davies has shown in all his games here.
Perhaps Sven is alot better than we make him out to be.

I think Bamba has shown more effort and guile in one game than Davies has shown in all his games here.
Perhaps Sven is alot better than we make him out to be.

Puzzled by that comment. Care to elaborate?

He could have scored a hat trick on his debut!

Why has has Hobbs never been that threatening at set pieces?

Hobbs threatened with a header today......and failed.
Great debut, great team performance.
Can't help but sense a touch of eccentricity about the guy which of course has its good & bad traits, but we'll see.

I personally think Morrison would would have buried them all, so......

Puzzled by that comment. Care to elaborate?

Same here. The man has reached 5 European finals, you don't do that by luck, ffs! He's proved himself so many times over his career. He's unquestionably the most talented manager Leicester have ever had imo (though obviously nowhere near the most successful with the actual club, or at least not yet ;) ).

Who has been making him out to be shit? Because they're obviously completely ****ing barmy. We're a mediocre second division side with one of the most successful and proven managers in the world.We are punching miles and miles above our weight in getting a manager like Sven.

We're top of the league taking games since he was hired and he came in to a side which was horribly unfit and out of sorts. Doing an absolutely magnificent job atm, can't understand why anyone would think otherw*s*.

Last edited:
I think we need to judge him after a few more games before we get carried away .

For all you Wire fans

12833337927941931135.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

:038::038:

The commentator on ESPN made me chuckle.

He called him one of those players who thinks he's better than he really is.

As long as Sol keeps thinking that and playing like that - no problem!

Is that not the same as playing with confidence in your own ability. He looked bloody good yesterday.

I think we need to judge him after a few more games before we get carried away .

I know what you mean; but isn't our attitude interesting?

Were he to have had an absolute nightmare, scored two own goals, conceded three penalties and been sent off, and I had said, "We need to judge him after a few more games.", I would have been laughed off the board? :102:

Were he to have ... scored two own goals, conceded three penalties and been sent off ....

He would have become as big a legend as Frank Sinclair.

What is especially confusing is that as a central defender he managed more attempts on target himself than the entire Manc City team. I'd describe his defending as a "work in progress" with plenty of room for improvement ... so not getting over-excited yet.

Assuming that SGEs preferred partnership is Mee and Bamba ... so it may take longer than normal for that to be established if we have a cup run ... though in that case you'd hope Man C would drop the clause on Mee not playing cup matches.

Craig Burley on 5live was very surprised at his performance as had seen him a few times at Hibs this season and he has been poor

i think that in the humdrum day to day of the championship he might be a bit up and down defensively. That said, being carved open once or twice by a team that cost over £150m to put together is no disgrace i suppose and isn't an indictment of his ability!
I think he'll at least make us competitive against lumps like Helguson, Morison, Iwelumo etc who tend to give us a bit of a working over when we play teams that like to play it long. And he's a handful in the opposition area.
Being poor for Hibs isn't necessrily his fault. They could just be gash and constantly leaving their centre halves exposed. They thought Stephen Hughes was good up there i seem to remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669