Lancs v Leics T20 (h)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

Abysmal season continuing. 29/3.

Simply haven't got a side to compete, and Sarwan is clearly not as well suited to this version of the game as McDonald last year.

Preston Mommsen in instead of Du Toit, he can't do much worse but it just shows the lack of options available. Oh for Jefferson to be fit for a couple of T20 matches.

We haven't won a game of any kind since the first CC match of the season :icon_sad:

Lancs are strolling, which is really shocking considering the target we set.

Feel that Hoggard should have brought on himself or Razzaq during 12-16th overs to TRU and shake things up. White must be carrying a knock

On the face of it an improved performance in terms of batting - of course I wouldn't know how far the boundary ropes were brought in at Old Trafford.

On the bowling Hoggard and White are ideal in terms of pace (Hoggard) and White (line & length) ...for the opposition.

Another issue which is probably less obvious to those who can't actually attend games regularly is the fielding...basically you are carrying at least two (Hoggard & Henderson) if not more fielders. This is quite an issue in T2o especially when the side is extremely weak in the other two disciplines. On captaincy and tactics....Hoggard isn't ideal and without players like Nixon & McDonald and indeed James Taylor there is an overall lack of cricketing intelligence. I don't think that you can coach these things.
As I've posted before all this... the inability to win games in any format was all absolutely predictable given the inadequate size and lack of sufficient quality players - especially batting.

You've been proved absolutely right Redditch.

On the plus side (financially), at least the weather has allowed cricket v the Aussies today, I thought it would be a complete washout. Debut for Sykes and he grabs the wicket of Shane Watson.

You've been proved absolutely right Redditch.

On the plus side (financially), at least the weather has allowed cricket v the Aussies today, I thought it would be a complete washout. Debut for Sykes and he grabs the wicket of Shane Watson.

Something good for a change. I was astonished to see how well the ground staff cleared the outfield yesterday they were getting wet off the surface even while it was still drizzling - and the wicket itself was good given the poor conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566