LASIK/LASEK Laser Eye Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone recommend which opticians to go to for an eye test? I'm not sure about using a chain like vision express...

Been using Specsavers Hinckley for 15+ years with no problems. Always been very good.

You can do yes but they are designed for 30 days continuous wear, night and day so in theory you don't need solutions. However I take mine out each night. Ive used standard solutions before but tend to use solutions now that are designed specifically for SHG lenses as they tend to keep them a bit better.
So you don't want to buy any solution then?:102::icon_lol:

Can anyone recommend which opticians to go to for an eye test? I'm not sure about using a chain like vision express...

I had my last eye test at Asda. It seemed to be more thorough than my previous one which was at Specsavers. Asda are pretty cheap for glasses too. Mrs Jeff recently went to Asda after being unhappy with one of the other chains (Vision Express I think?), and thought Asda were much better.

There are some really cheap glasses available if you shop around, I always like to have a couple of cheap spare pairs. At the moment I'm wearing a pair of glasses that cost less than £10 including delivery (from Hong Kong). They're as good as some I've had in the past that have cost more than ten times that amount.

At the moment I'm wearing a pair of glasses that cost less than £10 including delivery (from Hong Kong). They're as good as some I've had in the past that have cost more than ten times that amount.

I made that mistake once.

Oh yes, they were cheap.

They were well made too.

The prescription was spot on.

However I looked even more of a pillock when wearing them than I do normally. That's the one danger about buying online - even with the facility to upload a picture of yourself you can never really tell what you are going to look like when they arrive.

I made that mistake once.

Oh yes, they were cheap.

They were well made too.

The prescription was spot on.

However I looked even more of a pillock when wearing them than I do normally. That's the one danger about buying online - even with the facility to upload a picture of yourself you can never really tell what you are going to look like when they arrive.

glasses.jpg

:102:

You probably don't need toric, silicon hydra gel lenses?

I have one toric lense, the other is ordinary, and they are gel...cost me £40 for a 3 x monthly supply.

My optician wouldn't recommend having it done. You could say that it's in her interests not too, but then she wears glasses herself.

She did say it wasn't worth it for me as my eyes have started to change for the first time in over 25 years, and I'd end up having to wear glasses for reading etc anyway.

If I were younger I'd have probably gone for it now though, but I wasn't prepared to be a guinea pig for the procedure at the time.

I'ev lways enog ot saverspecs adn remmconed thme

I had my last eye test at Asda. It seemed to be more thorough than my previous one which was at Specsavers. Asda are pretty cheap for glasses too. Mrs Jeff recently went to Asda after being unhappy with one of the other chains (Vision Express I think?), and thought Asda were much better.

There are some really cheap glasses available if you shop around, I always like to have a couple of cheap spare pairs. At the moment I'm wearing a pair of glasses that cost less than £10 including delivery (from Hong Kong). They're as good as some I've had in the past that have cost more than ten times that amount.

cheers Jeff, was thinking contacts if I need them permanently.

i toyed with the idea...until i realised you had to stay awake during it and smell your own eyes burning

It takes 20 minutes at the most, and doesn't hurt. Afterwards, it felt like I'd been wearing contacts for too long (when I had LASIK done, I couldn't wear contacts for longer than about half an hour, and was spending a fortune on eye drops etc just to wear the bloody things).

The smell is the same as burning hair, just out of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669