Last few games + summer signings

Which positions will Rob want to look at to improve in the summer?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

leicesterfan

So now we're safe, do you think Kelly should put some youth players out to get some experience(Chambers, Sheehan)?
Also, what positions in the team may Rob be looking at to improve?
My opinion,
Right Midfielder
Central Midfielder
Goalkeeper

it feels good to talk about something other than relegation since the bleak december days of this season:icon_cool

I have gone for the following positions :

Goalkeeper
Left Back
Centre Midfield
Right Midfield
Left Midfield

I think that the left side of the team needs sorting. Left back and left midfielder/winger are essential to our success next season. Just look at the improvement we are having when Welsh comes on and gives us an outlet. Up to a point the same could be said when Smith came here initially. If he can make a improvement in the goalkeeping area that would be good too.

Last edited:
Goalkeeper
Centre Midfield - Joey's going, need one more in to replace him
Right Midfield - nuff said
Left Midfield - Hamill's not good enough & IMHO Welsh doesn't look worth signing permanently
Forward - Hume & Fryatt look great, nothing behind them of note though

leicesterfan said:
So now we're safe, do you think Kelly should put some youth players out to get some experience(Chambers, Sheehan)?
Also, what positions in the team may Rob be looking at to improve?
My opinion,
Right Midfielder
Central Midfielder
Goalkeeper

it feels good to talk about something other than relegation since the bleak december days of this season:icon_cool

We definitely need a back-up striker though:thumbs_up

Scodger Cubs said:
We definitely need a back-up striker though:thumbs_up

Why do you think that? Do you not rate O'grady as good enough to be back up for Fryatt and Hume. Or would you want a fourth back up striker assuming that MDV and Hammond leave?

Foxes_Trust said:
Can voters focus on the really key positions.

No point voting for 4 or 5 positions, we haven't got the funds to bring that many in
Stick your bloody hands in your pockets then you tight gets.;)

mitcho_uk said:
Why do you think that? Do you not rate O'grady as good enough to be back up for Fryatt and Hume. Or would you want a fourth back up striker assuming that MDV and Hammond leave?

MDV can deffo go.

If Fryatt gets injured. That leaves Hume and O'Grady (to be honest, haven't seen him play much as i haven't been in the country for the last 3 months:102: ). Hammond would be ok i suppose but possibly another striker.

Looking at the Foxes Trust post, the main position would be Centre mid. Joey's off and we do need someone in there. :thumbs_upAlso Welsh seems to be doing well on the left but he's on loan isn't he?

Scodger Cubs said:
MDV can deffo go.

If Fryatt gets injured. That leaves Hume and O'Grady (to be honest, haven't seen him play much as i haven't been in the country for the last 3 months:102: ). Hammond would be ok i suppose but possibly another striker.

Looking at the Foxes Trust post, the main position would be Centre mid. Joey's off and we do need someone in there. :thumbs_upAlso Welsh seems to be doing well on the left but he's on loan isn't he?

It's a little difficult to comment on Welsh (6 appearances, no complete games, 168 minutes) or O'Grady (10 appearances as sub, 136 minutes) except to say that O'Grady seems to have learned a lot while he was away at Rushden. Hammond? - no, I doubt if he would be OK.

I am sure that Kelly will be thinking about ways he can make improvements in all areas of the field, but I don't think we should get too excited about it. Our finances will not allow for any aggressive moves into the transfer market; more a case that we will be waiting to see what crumbs we can pickup from under the table.

FoxesGirl said:
TBH though, he could stay in Holland and we wouldn't miss him:102:

Good idea - let's get Matt Holland in - I think he'd be great for us.

I heard on '5 live' yesterday that Marc Bosnich is thinking about getting back into football. Might sound daft, but could we give him a chance cos i doubt he'd walk straight back into the prem league. Top goalkeeper before getting involved in all that shite.

I think we need a few in,a new Goalkeeper is very important .One that is confident with crosses is a must in this division if what BraunyBlue says is correct he would be an excelent signing (if fit). I'd like to see a lot more strength in the side as in aggression and willingness to dig in if we arent performing well from what ive seen and heard it seems the centrebacks and maybe front 2 are relied on to carry the side at times,( In fact most of the time).:102: :102: :102: :102:

Out of the 5 obvious positions we need filling, i think getting a quality centre mid is the least important, as we can have Weso with Hughes or Williams (and if we sell the latter surely that will free up some funds?)

Nissa has done well at left back this season, and we also have Sheehan. Although this is a position that needs to be looked at, it dosent take priority imo.

On the left flank, it would be great if we could get Welsh on a cheap from Sunderland, if not, Hughes might play on the left :icon_conf which would mean we need at least one other good CM. i would expect Hammil & Tiatto to leave in the summer.

Then in goal, both keepers are poor at crosses, and poor at commanding in the box. Douglas is OK, decent shot stopper, but i feel we can get an experienced keeper for next to nothing, or a young keeper like Carson on loan.

We definetly(sp) need a right midfielder, Maybury is poor in that position, Sylla is lazy and brings the mood of the team and fans down, although if Kelly can work the same miracle on him that he seems to have done to Williams, Sylla could become the same player that we saw against Celtic pre season.

Considering he will have very litle to spend, I would like RK to bring in a keeper on a free, a backup centre midfielder, and strenghen the flanks. Johansson is a competent left back, and the other positions must take priority.

Luxury players like Momo are what Kelly is trying to stamp out, getting rid of Dublin/De Vries, moving Kisnorbo to his proper position, and keeping a consistent starting line up are all things he has done fantastically, he has motivated the players well, and even Williams is starting to play to his potential.

Assuming he gets the job, which he must, we will have to hope he is as good in the transfer market as he is on the sideline. If he brings in players with the right mentality, we can push on from this great current form and have a good season next year.

:038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038: :038: Nicely said agree with you entirely, almost ,i dont think weslowski should be pressurised as the main man in midfield as yet and i dont think the others are leaders in that position.:102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669