lazzers eating out guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
went the Royal Arms in Sutton Cheney yesterday for Sunday lunch

fantastic food, i had the lemon sole and Mrs DV had the pork (please no editing :) )

was reasonably priced, well presented and a lovely place, recommended

Went there last night. Food was very good with perfectly sized portions. Little on the expensive side for my regular tastes but excellent for a one off treat now and again.

I had scallops, followed by ham hock followed by cheese platter and the mrs had stuffed mushrooms, followed by the venison and choclate fudge cake for dessert.

Overall very nice surroundings, nice atmos etc 8/10

Kangaroo burger from Walk about in Leicester.

Score- 8/10.

The burger was cooked to perfection. The only fault I had was the bread was a bit too hard and there was far too much relish. This unique product is impressive.

Kangaroo burger from Walk about in Leicester.

Score- 8/10.

The burger was cooked to perfection. The only fault I had was the bread was a bit too hard and there was far too much relish. This unique product is impressive.

Unique to every walkabout in England yes, though there are other places that serve Kangaroo

Talking of bar meals the steak in the Local hero is top notch and as its two for one it works out at £6 each for the two. :038:

Talking of bar meals the steak in the Local hero is top notch and as its two for one it works out at £6 each for the two. :038:

You must be lucky, it's not always good.

Talking of steak, went for one at The Golden Shield in Fleckney last Wednesday, it is their steak night every Wednesday.

Very good portions with chips and salad.

£13 for two.

9/10

Its all about timimg really. I went to the Manor in glen parva last week and there was nearly a riot as no one got either fed or could get a drink in fact about 40 people walked in disgust and yet ive had some good one there in the past. I have some rank ones in the local hero as well but last friday was top notch .

The Castle in Kirby.

Refurbished recently, first weekend open the food and service was faultless. This weekend back to the usual, crap service, slow service and the food only luke warm. I left a 2p tip to show my disgust. Will be a long time before I eat in there again.

Red LIon - Rothley, no longer one of those 2-4-1, riddled with kids places.

Only carvery available yesterday, happy with food, drink, service and prices 7/10 Will get a return visit.

Originally Posted by Babylon
Jacket Spud Shop on Melton Road.
Masala Veg Spud �3.20 - 8/10

Also Friends Tandoori has closed down... gutted

didnt the environmental health dept have something to do with it??? or am I mixing it up with another place...?

Can anyone confirm any of this... was thinking of going there in near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566