lazzers eating out guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was it such a bad place for you two? What were the problems that I should be looking out for?

The place is dirty filthy, the food is crap and the staff unhelpful...

:icon_lol: Fair enough.Looking forward too it.
I have been there a few times drinking and enjoyed it without noticing the dirt.

:icon_lol: Fair enough.Looking forward too it.
I have been there a few times drinking and enjoyed it without noticing the dirt.

and the chef sneezes a lot, mainly into the gravy

i thought it was really modern and clean, if were talking about the one opposit the warner village. our food took ages so got a 50% discount

Its ok for the price. The foods nice enough, its just not a relaxing environment though as people are up and dwon all the time and its horrible when there is a rowdy bunch in there.

Go there if you want to get stuffed full of chinese food, not ideal for an intimate meal out.

nicely summed up.

The minute you stop eating what's on your plate they whip it away. It's not a problem as you can have as many plates as you want but it's not exactly relaxing.

service is wank, the foods all pre packed, not a good place.

Observatory I mean

Last edited:
I was back in Blighty last month and the place that impressed me most in Leicester was Thai Orchid in Oadby. One of the best Thai meals I've had outside of Thailand (and better than most in Thailand too). Top notch!

Had another great Indian meal at Ashoka on Melton Road, although the fact that I have been dreaming about a decent curry for near on a year and a half probably made me a little biased. (the Paneer Shashlik is highly recommended! Feckin yum!)

I'll have to try the Thai Orchid. We haven't been to a thai restaurant in leicester yet. Thanks!

Noor Tandoori Hinckley

Thought we would give it a try as our usualy Indian hacked us off the other week with crap food and then refused to do anything about it.

The Noor was OK, god value at £25 for the 2 of us including 4 drinks, poppadums and starts but wasnt anything to wrire home about. restaraunt is a bit manky as well.

You should see what he uses to stir the fecking soup......:icon_eek:

The waiter put his thumb in the soup bowl when he was serving it and when asked why he said he did it to keep it warm.Someone suggested that he should stick it up his arse and he said he did when he was in the kitchen..

Noor Tandoori Hinckley

Thought we would give it a try as our usualy Indian hacked us off the other week with crap food and then refused to do anything about it.

The Noor was OK, god value at £25 for the 2 of us including 4 drinks, poppadums and starts but wasnt anything to wrire home about. restaraunt is a bit manky as well.

Tbh the noor is generally quite shit, very average food at best most of which is warmed in the microwave on quiet nights.

Tbh the noor is generally quite shit, very average food at best most of which is warmed in the microwave on quiet nights.

Yep agreed. It was a principal thing, no way I was going back to Moonrise, got any other suggestions?

Yep agreed. It was a principal thing, no way I was going back to Moonrise, got any other suggestions?

you know simla well so try that and the guys that used to own simla now own simla peppers in bosworth which is a lovely, well designed( ;) ) restaurant. Also try chilli nights in barlestone, excellent food, great service and you can take you own alcohol so pop in the co-op next door and you are well sorted for a cheap meal. Both of the last two are obviously only if you can get the mrs to drive!

I also like the leeja at the top of castle street, not the nicest looking place but the food and service is generally very good.

I like to go where I can walk which usually rules out the Simla. Never been impressed with the Leeja tbh. Might go back to the Milenium or the Spice Bazaar has reopend as something esle.

I like to go where I can walk which usually rules out the Simla. Never been impressed with the Leeja tbh. Might go back to the Milenium or the Spice Bazaar has reopend as something esle.

Cafe spice? Not tried it but I look forward to hearing the reports!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669