L'Boro Dynamo & Tamworth

Status
Not open for further replies.

FantasyFox

Absolutely. I'm shocked and appalled that we didn't win 15-0 in such a hugely important and competitive match, using the best team that we could possibly field this season.

We are bollocksed, might as well just give up now, we're as good as relegated.

I'm off down the bookies.

:icon_roll

What a massive over reaction. Don't panic yet. Keep the faith, although I think this result proves that Fryatt isn't good enough for the Championship. We shouldn't sack NP just yet but we should definitely see if we can Dave Bassett to come in as DoF. MM's strategy is right, give a manager preseason before getting rid.

What a massive over reaction. Don't panic yet. Keep the faith, although I think this result proves that Fryatt isn't good enough for the Championship. We shouldn't sack NP just yet but we should definitely see if we can Dave Bassett to come in as DoF. MM's strategy is right, give a manager preseason before getting rid.

At last, someone posting something sensible. :icon_bigg

Loughborough Dynamo report from the OS. :icon_wink :icon_conf

Foxes Ease Through
Posted on: Sat 11 Jul 2009

Two goals inside the first ten minutes got City off to a great start in their opening pre-season friendly at Loughborough Dynamo where they won 3-1 in the Noon kick-off match..

The visitors fielded an impressive line-up including Joe Mattock, Wayne Brown, Max Gradel, Nicky Adams, Astrit Ajdarevic and Paul Dickov.

It was striker Billy Kee who grabbed the attention, though, as he headed home a right wing cross in the fifth minute and five minutes later was hauled down in the area for Paul Dickov to convert the spot kick.

The Foxes continued to dominate but Dynamo kept to the task and in the 36th minute, Alex Johnson got through to reduce the deficit.

That is how it stood at the break but a second half strike from Adams restored the visitors' lead in the first of today's double header before this afternoon's trip to Tamworth.

Dynamo officials were delighted with the 1,000-plus turn-out, double their usual gate, to ensure the exercise was very worthwhile not just for action but for the general good of the Leicestershire footballing community.

City: Logan: O'Neill, Boulger, Brown, Mattock, Gradel, Verma, Adams, Ajdarevic, Kee, Dickov. Subs: Ambrusics, C King, John.

Tamworth report from the OS. :icon_wink :icon_conf

Foxes Held Late On
Posted on: Sat 11 Jul 2009

A super strike three minutes from the end of normal time meant City had to settle for a 1-1 draw in their friendly against Tamworth at the Lamb ground this afternoon.

The visitors had had the better of a closely fought first-half which had ended goalless and after the break City went ahead in the 54th minute when a brilliant through ball from striker Ashley Chambers sent Bruno Berner through on the overlap from left-back, the Swiss international turning the ball home via the near post.

But with the victory seemingly secure, and City having rung some changes, Tamworth midfielder Nick Wright blasted home a 25 yarder for a spectacular, if unlikely, equaliser.

It was another fine run-out for City, following the Noon encounter against Loughborough Dynamo, and, like the earlier fixture was watched by both City boss Nigel Pearson and chairman Milan Mandaric.

City started the brighter with Robbie Neilson sending Craig King down the right for a fine cross turned just wide by Chambers and looked in control with Matt Oakley and young midfielder Robbie Burns working well together.

The nearest to danger faced by City goalkeeper Chris Weale was a speculative long-range dipper from Tamworth's Tom Shaw which landed on top of the bar as the half ended scoreless.

After going ahead, City switched the team, Tom Parkes coming on for Craig King to play left back, and well he did too, for Bruno Berner who moved into midfield with Robbie Burns moving to the right wing.

And soon Parkes and Burns combined to set up a chance for Steve Howard whose fierce volley from 20 yards did not miss by much.

Chambers was unlucky to see a goal-bound effort cleared off the line after he had cleverly turned the ball over the advancing keeper and then, just when it looked all over, Wright stepped up with the leveller.

The closing stages saw City pound forward and some lucky deflections saved the home side but in the end it finished all square in another valuable pre-season work-out

City: Weale: Neilson, Morrison, Hobbs, Berner, C King, Oakley, Burns, Dyer, Howard, Chambers. Subs Pentney (60 for Weale), Parkes (55 for C King), Bolger (87 for Neilson), John (80 for Burns).

I'm still waiting for Blue Maniac to pick me up in a taxi... the bastard left me out here in the wilting 42C heat! We'll never make it in time for kick off now...

I'm still waiting for Blue Maniac to pick me up in a taxi... the bastard left me out here in the wilting 42C heat! We'll never make it in time for kick off now...

Made other arrangements DF - should've paid attention. Unlike me... :icon_bigg

What's happened to Ashley Chambers? Would have expected to see him feature (or have I misread something)

Hopefully the games demonstrated to MM where strengthening of the squad is still required.

I would have thought that matches against Loughborough & Tamworth would and should prove precisely........nothing. Except, as some measure of the development of fitness levels.

I have a bit of a view that these days clubs play too many pre-season practice games for their own good. I read the other day that Burnley are scheduled to play an incredible number of such games in preparation for getting relegated next season. I just wonder how many injured players they will suffer before the proper kick off.

I'm not sure how it works but I think journalists only talk about the 'highlights'. I always assume that if they are not mentioned then they did nothing noteworthy, but I also temper that by thinking that is is also possible that they weren't completely shit and so I shouldn't write them off on a match that I never saw and based on the fact they weren't mentioned in an article written by a potential dumbass.

Perhaps a look at the team details in the appropriate thread would indicate what players were playing.

does anyone need their arse wiping?

I'm not sure how it works but I think journalists only talk about the 'highlights'. I always assume that if they are not mentioned then they did nothing noteworthy, but I also temper that by thinking that is is also possible that they weren't completely shit and so I shouldn't write them off on a match that I never saw and based on the fact they weren't mentioned in an article written by a potential dumbass.

Perhaps a look at the team details in the appropriate thread would indicate what players were playing.

does anyone need their arse wiping?

I meant more that he wasn't listed in the squads from yesterday :icon_bigg

Apologies for my reply. I'm just frustrated due to being kept waiting for big signings. I remember the glory days when we signed the likes of Junior Lewis. Will we ever get back there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669