LCFC and Tigers Ground Share

How do you feel about the Tigers sharing grounds with LCFC at the Walkers Stadium?

• Against

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neutral

• For

• Strongly For

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
colin_m said:
Possibly because rugby fans haven't killed anyone when beered up?

What a plank you are. Please vanish.

Don't knock him Joe,he wrote that song...'Dem bones dem bones dem dry bones'

And I believe he has a lovely big stripey scarf and a smashing new flask

Are you still here Homer,I thought you were sent back to the cesspit from 'whence you came'

highland fox said:
Are you still here Homer,I thought you were sent back to the cesspit from 'whence you came'

They wouldn't let him in, under-dressed apparantly.

Best cess pit in town, I'll have you know

Nice to see Chandler back, though

0,,10274~425270,00.jpg

Now is it just me or are the Tigers taking over already, you can hardly read LCFC and those stripes are lovely :wink: :lol:

God, you're such a BONEHEAD, aren't you ?

Everyone know its 11/23

See you in the Sludge and Fetid later on, down the cess pit

Mine's a pint of sludge with a puke chaser

Why does every one object to sharing the ground. It has to be better for city.

As the ground will be purchased between both clubs, It will give us better long term security.
All the fixed costs ie: Repayments, rates and ground maintenance will be shared so there will be more money for both clubs to spend on players.
We wont have to suffer the parking problems that happen when both clubs play at the same time.

The only problems that I can think of is the damage that is done to the pitch, the scheduling of matches and to convince the fans from two different sporting cultures that the ground sharing can be to everyones advantage.

The pitch is going to be modified so it can withstand the grief rugby gives it.

The scheduling of the matches is not a problem.

The hardest problem will be dealing with the fans from both clubs and if the clubs are to win the support of ther fans they must communicate the plans clearly to the fans.

People always react in the same way to change. Firstly they object to it happening, then they find the reasons why they object. The problem is never the change itself, its the fear of the unknown that causes all the problems and the objections. Once we understand how they propose the ground sharing to work and the pro's and cons, then deciede if it is good or bad.

What pisses me off the most is how all this has just been disclosed to us, the paying fans.

Why couldn't Davies ask for the fans' opinions on this? I know why, because someone promised him unlimited access to a Villa in Morocco.

step said:
Why does every one object to sharing the ground. It has to be better for city.

As the ground will be purchased between both clubs, It will give us better long term security.
All the fixed costs ie: Repayments, rates and ground maintenance will be shared so there will be more money for both clubs to spend on players.
We wont have to suffer the parking problems that happen when both clubs play at the same time.

The only problems that I can think of is the damage that is done to the pitch, the scheduling of matches and to convince the fans from two different sporting cultures that the ground sharing can be to everyones advantage.

The pitch is going to be modified so it can withstand the grief rugby gives it.

The scheduling of the matches is not a problem.

The hardest problem will be dealing with the fans from both clubs and if the clubs are to win the support of ther fans they must communicate the plans clearly to the fans.

People always react in the same way to change. Firstly they object to it happening, then they find the reasons why they object. The problem is never the change itself, its the fear of the unknown that causes all the problems and the objections. Once we understand how they propose the ground sharing to work and the pro's and cons, then deciede if it is good or bad.
I tend to agree, particularly if they can produce a pitch that can take the punishment of both rugby and football, although I'm a bit concerned that we might end up with some sort of artificial pitch.

A couple of years ago we were practically out for the count...

This joint purchase will give us financial security and at least a fighting chance of competing with the big boys in terms of getting quality into our dressing rooms... undoubtedly further investment in our youth policies.

Craig joins us and says a lot of positive things... hmmm, a few weeks pass by and we announce a joint ground purchase do you think he may have known about this idea before coming here... I think so and could well have been the deciding factor in that he could see we were prepared to invest in the future.

What is the problem? Not the "it's our home" argument surely, we have not been in the ground long enough or even seen enough success to call this our home and get all passionate about it and it can’t be “we weren’t consulted”? Football I am afraid to say is a business and as such needs to managed like a business and big decisions have to be made, and some people have to like it or lump it… 5 years (or even less) down the line I can see the ground being expanded, 40,000 crowds at Leicester and England first team action being played there…. The whole area will be regenerated and extra jobs will undoubtedly be coming into the city.

Tigers fans I can see why you’re upset... Foxes fans you should be truly excited about this idea and get behind and indeed welcome the egg chasing boys... they may well be our saviours!!!

I'm a City & Tigers supporter, looks as if some one swallowed a thesurus, for his opening gambit. It makes absolute sense, will some of you look at this proposal logically and not emotionally. I truly wish both clubs were big enough, not to have to do this, but the City are not, nor will they be given the current financial situation, neither are the Tigers. They maybe the 'Manchester United ' of rugby, but they are very small fry in comparison, so whats the point of building another 30,000 or so stadium in the city? We are not Birmingham, Manchester or Liverpool, who respectively have populations to support two big clubs, ground sharing has to be the way forward for Leicester football and rugby clubs.
When your an exile like me, football, rugby and cricket from your home town becomes very important, and I genuinely want the best for both clubs. It gives both some financial security in the longer term, and that can only be a posive move.

Have you changed your mind about the shared stadium? either way vote on the new poll so we can find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669