LCFC nominated for Sports Personality of the Year Team Award

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well deserved awards, both Leicester and Murray.

Btw, sorry to be a pedant an' all but....

Definition of personality : ... a person of importance, prominence, renown, or notoriety, e.g. a TV personality

So a 'personality' can have no personality.

I'm sure that the whole board can't be as thick as they seem and unable to understand word play.

Maybe we should just give it to Kevin Pietersen every year, or that media whore Lewis Hamilton.

Don't get the Murray haters, he's a sports personality that doesn't give two shits about being a celebrity. He is famous for what he has achieved, but appears to be quite humble. He has his own personal on court battles with confidence and is now sitting at no 1 in the world. Well done him.

Back on topic .....Big Wes, I know he was nervous but that speech was terrible. Would have thought he'd have had prepared something.

Still made me immensely proud of our club.

Don't get the Murray haters, he's a sports personality that doesn't give two shits about being a celebrity. He is famous for what he has achieved, but appears to be quite humble. He has his own personal on court battles with confidence and is now sitting at no 1 in the world. Well done him.
Quite baffling for anyone outside England I think. Are the World Cup comments still haunting him...?

I'm sure that the whole board can't be as thick as they seem and unable to understand word play.

To make it quite clear I think that Murray deserved the SPOTY.

Maybe we should just give it to Kevin Pietersen every year, or that media whore Lewis Hamilton.

Back on topic .....Big Wes, I know he was nervous but that speech was terrible. Would have thought he'd have had prepared something.

Still made me immensely proud of our club.

Completely agree. I don't get the "no petsonality" thing with Murray. I think he's probably one of the sportspeople who comes across best in interviews and he can be very funny with his dry sense of humour and seems like a pretty intelligent person to.

Makes a nice change from the typical media "character" which is usually some rent-a-quote "laddish" clown like Holloway, Hamilton or Wiggins.

Completely agree. I don't get the "no petsonality" thing with Murray. I think he's probably one of the sportspeople who comes across best in interviews and he can be very funny with his dry sense of humour and seems like a pretty intelligent person to.

Makes a nice change from the typical media "character" which is usually some rent-a-quote "laddish" clown like Holloway, Hamilton or Wiggins.

Indeed, I love cycling but Wiggins is a right dick.

I wish they'd drop the "personality" bollocks and just call it "sportsperson of the year".

Or worked up about some completely shite made up award that is utterly meaningless nowadays, and lost any integrity it may have once had when Ryan Giggs won it for doing precisely nothing

another sports star with no personality.

One could say the Andy Murray of Football.

another sports star with no personality.

One could say the Andy Murray of Football.
His brother got the personality, unfortunately it didn't mean a thing to his wife.

Reactions: FIF
I get a bit pissed off with the Murray thing to be honest. Not to belittle the achievement or anything but it should be obvious that Mo Farah would be the winner in a fair minded world. I don't begrudge Murray the win in the year he won Wimbledon for the first time as it was , I suppose, the big sport story of the year. But not this time. It ****s me off that the majority of his votes will come from middle aged women who watch Wimbledon & then don't give 2 shits about any other sport for the rest of the year. Not even other tennis tournaments.
As well as the middle aged women he's obviously done well with a certain rather elderly lady.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/12/30/sir-andy-murray-plus-got-new-year-honours/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566