LCFC player misses a drugs test.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
This bit alarms me more than the rest of the article:

"Nigel Pearson, the manager, had informed his players that if they went to training the next day, the trade-off was that those who arrived early could leave early, too. "

IF they went to training? Can't be right surely :102:

I think it's normal for players not to train if they played the night before.

Then something isn't right here. The article said the tester turned up at the training ground after the player had left - presumably the tester must have known the player would be there then. In that case, how does that tie up with attendance at training being optional? The player must have signified in advance he would be at training otherwise the tester wouldn't have turned up. If so, the player must have known the tester would be turning up.

I'm confused.

Then something isn't right here. The article said the tester turned up at the training ground after the player had left - presumably the tester must have known the player would be there then. In that case, how does that tie up with attendance at training being optional? The player must have signified in advance he would be at training otherwise the tester wouldn't have turned up. If so, the player must have known the tester would be turning up.

I'm confused.

Maybe the player concerned was not a first team player, so he was always likely to be training anyway.

Maybe the player concerned was not a first team player, so he was always likely to be training anyway.
Could it be a loan player?? maybe they left early to train with another club?? possible?

So why would it then have been an option for him to go early? He should have been attending at the normal times or indeed doing extra to try and become a first-teamer!

The option to go early appeared to be available only to players who arrived early, so I assumed it was a kind of flexi time, same number of hours, but earlier.

Not really fair on whoever is running the training session. I mean, they have to be there early for the earlybirds and then stay until the usual time for those who came at the normal time!

Piss up and brewery?!

I believe Leicester players are not guilty. Nothing I have seen over the past few seasons suggests the taking of performance enhancing drugs.

I believe Leicester players are not guilty. Nothing I have seen over the past few seasons suggests the taking of performance enhancing drugs.

Maybe they have been taking drugs, but not the performance enhancing ones. No wonder we have been crap for so many seasons, they are all stoned!:icon_lol:

Not all drugs are performance enhancing

The consumption of a kilo or so of top quality skunk by the first team squad in each of the past three or four seasons may well provide the explanation for our decline which we have all been searching for

The club , and our manager, is clearly getting in the way of the drug-testing goons from discovering the truth

Pearson Out

Not all drugs are performance enhancing

The consumption of a kilo or so of top quality skunk by the first team squad in each of the past three or four seasons may well provide the explanation for our decline which we have all been searching for

The club , and our manager, is clearly getting in the way of the drug-testing goons from discovering the truth

Pearson Out

LSD surely? :102:

A kilo of lsd? Surely that would have far more serious consequences than being crap at football, such as deadness?

shared around the amount of players we've had in the last few seasons - it really doesn't amount to much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566