Lee Peltier

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the same logic, I'm a Brummie, Boc's a cockney and Jeff's Faeroese.

I ain't no facking Cockney! The water in Majorca tastes just like it should.

What happened to the 'We need to sign Premier League players to get into the Premier League' rule?

On this basis, we might as well re-sign Fryatt! :icon_wink

In order to get into the Premier League we need players who are too good for the Championship. This does not necessarily mean players who are with Prem clubs at the moment. Matt Elliot from Oxford and Neil Lennon from Crewe did well for us so lets give the lad a chance - giving a chance might just involve giving him a little time to adjust to the higher division.

People are assuming that he is going to play right back and they may be correct. However, it seems he is a versatile player which may be useful if we do manage to get Naughton back.

I have noticed that Sven places a great emphasis on pace which may be one reason why he liked Peltier. It is also probable that Faz praised his character which is also important for Sven.

It is noticeable that the Huddersfield fans seem to accept that he was bound to move to a higher division and seem to bear him no illwell at leaving. It is also interesting that he has been very gracious about Huddersfiled and their manager - whether this is from him or a sign he listens to good advice it compares well with the churlish comments some players make upon leaving a club.

In order to get into the Premier League we need players who are too good for the Championship. This does not necessarily mean players who are with Prem clubs at the moment. Matt Elliot from Oxford and Neil Lennon from Crewe did well for us so lets give the lad a chance - giving a chance might just involve giving him a little time to adjust to the higher division.

People are assuming that he is going to play right back and they may be correct. However, it seems he is a versatile player which may be useful if we do manage to get Naughton back.

I have noticed that Sven places a great emphasis on pace which may be one reason why he liked Peltier. It is also probable that Faz praised his character which is also important for Sven.

It is noticeable that the Huddersfield fans seem to accept that he was bound to move to a higher division and seem to bear him no illwell at leaving. It is also interesting that he has been very gracious about Huddersfiled and their manager - whether this is from him or a sign he listens to good advice it compares well with the churlish comments some players make upon leaving a club.

:038:

Hallelujah.

I new something sensible would be posted during the close season.

I may be wrong, but I'm sure there was just a hint of sarcasm in Mike's post.....

Without taking the bait, (okay, partially taking the bait/taking part of the bait) if I was inclined to, which I am not, I could go in to grammar/spelling/syntax correction mode on most posts in this forum.

For what its worth, I accept it for what it is; a football forum.

Fair enough though, wave your virtual e-cock around. I hope it makes you feel like the man you may or may not be in real life. I missed a 'k'. Ouch.

Without taking the bait, (okay, partially taking the bait/taking part of the bait) if I was inclined to, which I am not, I could go in to grammar/spelling/syntax correction mode on most posts in this forum.

For what its worth, I accept it for what it is; a football forum.

Fair enough though, wave your virtual e-cock around. I hope it makes you feel like the man you may or may not be in real life. I missed a 'k'. Ouch.

You aren't too concerned about typing errors, and you managed to complete a whole post without a single swear word. You're in the wrong place, mate.

You aren't too concerned about typing errors, and you managed to complete a whole post without a single swear word. You're in the wrong place, mate.

To be honest, this might as well be football rumours (the Leicester club page).

I can spell but I don't feel the need to force it down people's throats. Internet access + defensiveness = talking balls' spelling police.

I would love to point out its boring - but one man's turd is another man's diamond so perhaps they genuinely do find it enthralling. At the end of the day though, once they close their browser, who do they have to scowl and shout at and criticise? Their mother? Wife? Children? Girlfriend?

Hardly envious.

To be honest, this might as well be football rumours (the Leicester club page).

I can spell but I don't feel the need to force it down people's throats. Internet access + defensiveness = talking balls' spelling police.

I would love to point out its boring - but one man's turd is another man's diamond so perhaps they genuinely do find it enthralling. At the end of the day though, once they close their browser, who do they have to scowl and shout at and criticise? Their mother? Wife? Children? Girlfriend?

Hardly envious.

Nice post but surely you have to ensure you are beyond reproach yourself?

Nice post but surely you have to ensure you are beyond reproach yourself?

I was always taught that 'its' doesn't get apostrophised unless it is possessive ie belonging to it. The contraction of 'it Is' does not need an apostrophe. I may be wrong; I regularly am. Anyway, I'm not saying people shouldn't make errors but why point every little error out. I'd like to think that as a tight knit bunch of supporters of under achievers who regularly shoot themselves in the foot, we're a bit above that, no?

I was always taught that 'its' doesn't get apostrophised unless it is possessive ie belonging to it. The contraction of 'it Is' does not need an apostrophe. I may be wrong; I regularly am.

You're wrong again this time - and so was your teacher, if you really were taught what you claim (which I very much doubt).

Anyway, I'm not saying people shouldn't make errors but why point every little error out. I'd like to think that as a tight knit bunch of supporters of under achievers who regularly shoot themselves in the foot, we're a bit above that, no?
Stop acting the twat and get back to being sort of funny.

You're wrong again this time - and so was your teacher, if you really were taught what you claim (which I very much doubt).

Okay. I apologise. Is it 'it's' then? I've been taught otherwise and often seen this criticised.

It's (I'm learning) snobbery anyway.

I have been taught what I have been taught. I don't pretend that I nor my teachers were or are infalliable however. To learn is to grow. He not busy being born is busy dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669