Post Match Leeds 3 Leicester 1

I really don't get the mild levels of panic about our situation.

We have 12 games left. Our form over the last 12 games has been patchy at best. We've lost to Coventry, Leeds and Middlesbro and drew twice with Ipswich. However, that still means we have taken 23 points from the 36 available.

Our fixtures over the final 12 matches are markedly easier than those just gone. If we were to collect 23 points from our remaining games, and remember several of those will be against teams with absolutely nothing to play for, we'll have 101 points and cruise into the top two.

For Leeds AND Ipswich to overcome us, they will BOTH need to take at least 6 or maybe 7 (based on goal difference) points over and above what we get. If we collect 23 points, that means they BOTH need 29 or 30 out of 36 available. That just isn't going to happen is it?

I'm not even considering Southampton who would need to win every single match remaining to overhaul a moderate 23 points from us. Again, not going to happen.

Has there been any evidence that our form is going to drop off sufficiently to mess with this scenario? Absolutely not.

We have 12 games left. Our form over the last 12 games has been patchy at best. We've lost to Coventry, Leeds and Middlesbro and drew twice with Ipswich. However, that still means we have taken 23 points from the 36 available.

Our fixtures over the final 12 matches are markedly easier than those just gone. If we were to collect 23 points from our remaining games, and remember several of those will be against teams with absolutely nothing to play for, we'll have 101 points and cruise into the top two.

For Leeds AND Ipswich to overcome us, they will BOTH need to take at least 6 or maybe 7 (based on goal difference) points over and above what we get. If we collect 23 points, that means they BOTH need 29 or 30 out of 36 available. That just isn't going to happen is it?

I'm not even considering Southampton who would need to win every single match remaining to overhaul a moderate 23 points from us. Again, not going to happen.

Has there been any evidence that our form is going to drop off sufficiently to mess with this scenario? Absolutely not.
Well lads, start checking for hotels in London in May.

I thought this post was ridiculous but then started to reason it out. Its not unrealistic to think we might continue to average 2 points per game.
It IS unrealistic to think both Leeds and Ipswich will average 2.5-3 points per game. We have already seen Ipswich wobble a bit before coming back strong, and whilst Leeds have won a very impressive number of games in a row they are not Manchester City and the luck will run out soon.

Stay strong gents. Gonna be a bumpy landing methinks, but we will land safely.

I'm planning for us being as good at the business end of the season as we are at the business end of matches.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463