Post Match Leeds 3 Leicester 1

Surely every time you win a game (or even a draw sometimes) it's an achievement? So, isn't winning more games than everyone else a bit of an achievement? I think it's fair to say, so far we achieved more than everyone else. I've been under the impression that we've been playing in a league table, rather than a knock-out competition?
If you like.

But actually, It's part of a process. Every point won is a step in that process. The achievement is getting out of this division. Anything short of that is failure given how well the first half of the process has been.

If I go to work & get given a job to do that has to be finished by 5pm & I'm doing it brilliantly up until 3:30 but then hit problems & it's not finished by 5pm I'm pretty sure the boss isn't going to pat me on the back.

If you like.

But actually, It's part of a process. Every point won is a step in that process. The achievement is getting out of this division. Anything short of that is failure given how well the first half of the process has been.

If I go to work & get given a job to do that has to be finished by 5pm & I'm doing it brilliantly up until 3:30 but then hit problems & it's not finished by 5pm I'm pretty sure the boss isn't going to pat me on the back.
Maybe he will pay you on the back very enthusiastically?

I bit like when Homer touches people enthusiastically.

If you like.

I know people make up a lot of crap on here to prove their point, but this has to be right up there….

Only the crowd. They are certainly noisier and more passionate than Leicester home fans.
probably because their fans have a style of play that gets them off their seats. some of our football is sublime however, I wish we could be more direct at times, often 2 passes can be better 5.

what this game highlighted is that we have been spoilt with Vardy, Daka's miss was inexcusable and shows when reach the Premier league potentially we need to bring in a front man that can cut the mustard or maybe Cannon can do it, this managers appears not to have that faith.

perhaps Maresca knows Albrighton is on the way out and is persevering with Macateer, one thing is certain though, Albrighton brings real quality with his delivery, Macateer does not.

still think we will finish top by some margin.

probably because their fans have a style of play that gets them off their seats. some of our football is sublime however, I wish we could be more direct at times, often 2 passes can be better 5.

what this game highlighted is that we have been spoilt with Vardy, Daka's miss was inexcusable and shows when reach the Premier league potentially we need to bring in a front man that can cut the mustard or maybe Cannon can do it, this managers appears not to have that faith.

perhaps Maresca knows Albrighton is on the way out and is persevering with Macateer, one thing is certain though, Albrighton brings real quality with his delivery, Macateer does not.

We have started mixing it up a bit more recently.

A number of our most recent goals have been counter attacking from the edge of our own box with probably only about 5-6 passes ending up with the ball in the net.

Remember with Leeds though that the crowd was pretty quiet for much of the match and scoring an equaliser at about 80 mins is certain to galvanise any support, particularly a game where the three points were more important to them than us.

Before his injury, Macateer was looking a good player. Just hasn’t returned to that level yet

Before his injury, Macateer was looking a good player. Just hasn’t returned to that level yet
There's a good player in there. He's not very experienced though so this bit part role is not one he's very good at. I think he needs to be playing week in week out and he will develop quickly into a very decent option for us but we can't afford to do this in our current position, especially given the shit results from the past 2 games. If we do go up, a season playing week in, week out for a team in the Championship will do wonders for him like it did for KDH.

There's a good player in there. He's not very experienced though so this bit part role is not one he's very good at. I think he needs to be playing week in week out and he will develop quickly into a very decent option for us but we can't afford to do this in our current position, especially given the shit results from the past 2 games. If we do go up, a season playing week in, week out for a team in the Championship will do wonders for him like it did for KDH.

Coalville Town season 2028/29.

Coalville Town season 2028/29.
I'm sure you said that about KDH. Or words to that effect. You also called Praet the best midfielder at the club and Iheanacho the best striker at the club.

Forgive me if I don't pop out and put a bet on your player predictions.

I’m still cross about this. I think it’s not that we lost, it’s the repetitive nature of how we lost. This scenario seems to be happening to us far too much. If we lose any more ground I will be very worried about our season. Any momentum we had feels like it left the building and I don’t feel like the FA Cup will assist us at all. It could make things much worse. Winning is a habit, but pissing things away is a habit too. Ask Brendan.

I’m still cross about this. I think it’s not that we lost, it’s the repetitive nature of how we lost. This scenario seems to be happening to us far too much. If we lose any more ground I will be very worried about our season. Any momentum we had feels like it left the building and I don’t feel like the FA Cup will assist us at all. It could make things much worse. Winning is a habit, but pissing things away is a habit too. Ask Brendan.
We lost back to back to middlesbrough and Leeds earlier in the season did we not? What happened after that?

We lost back to back to middlesbrough and Leeds earlier in the season did we not? What happened after that?
If only there was a strictly adhered to pattern.

It’s not the back to back nature of the losses that bothers me. It’s the fact we seem to be very sloppy at the business end of games, shipping late goals.

If it happens rarely, it’s just one of those things. But it’s not once. It’s happening frequently to us at the end of games. It isn’t bad luck either. We seem to drop off and invite pressure. If you let teams have opportunities they will take them. We are becoming like a Micky Adams tribute act.

If we let the gap close to 3 points heads are going to go.

Hopefully we bounce again. Fingers crossed. It is concerning though.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463