Post Match Leicester 0 Burnley 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think fans are entitled to boo. After a very disappointing stop-start season of broken dreams. I think if we cheered them off they would probably wonder what the hell was going on.

I don't think the booing was aimed at that performance in particular - although it was a very boring draw - I think it was more frustration that a season which promised so much fizzled out in such a disappointing fashion.

Look on the bright side, at least you wont have to endure the bum twitching, life shortening, knife in the heart disappointment which is the play offs like I'll most likely have to again this year. Double Jack and a valium please barkeep.

Whatever are you going to do with two Swansea fans? I would have thought that your health would be better served staying away from them for the time being.

I'll go with that - and to be realistic it's not good business to advertise the fact that Sven brought in players that were seriously bad value if you have in mind to put them back on the market. Unfortunately, everyone already knows this.

I don't share the view that some others have expressed that the squad just needs some tinkering. It needs radical surgery and a big big culture change.

Pearson has got a very challenging job on his hands and I do go with the view that the local media and club hype has to stop now to adjust expectations to more realistic levels. We are in constant turmoil and this also has to be stopped - guessing i think it will take two to three years to put things right and how you keep the owners on board for that long i wouldn't know. Possibly if no one wants to take the club off their hands they might not have too many choices.

This post really depresses me. The majority of Sven's signings were quality. To have brought in as many players as he did, I think that so few failures represents good value. Matt Mills is sited as the biggest waste of money. I do not know how one decides if he was worth £5m, £2m or whatever. I will also admit that he took some time settling in, but he was, is now, and always will be, better quality than Morgan. If Pearson stays, I think that he will lose as many of the Mills type of player as he can and bring in more Drinkwaters and Morgans. These are players who have no development left and are, at best mid-Championship quality. I fear that we have the one star permitted in a Pearson team in Marshall.

Incidentally, why does a manager get twelve months, or more to prove himself and yet a player half a dozen games?

Not at all, but booing a team that has only lost at home once in 2012 is a little bit embarassing!

Its utterly pathetic, way more pathetic than the one game they lost at home in 2012.

Sad, jumped up, deluded morons is the best way to describe them. There was me thinking all of the fans had given up on the play-offs, the players do the same and get lambasted by the same people.

I ****ing hate going to home games, I never thought it possible but our support has become even more Wanker infested season after season, thanks to the fans I would imagine another manager will not see the important pre-season and we will be cast back into the same shitty turmoil that surrounds us every season.

Obviously changing the manager will work this time as it has all of the other times, Learn a fecking lesson you plebs.....

Its utterly pathetic, way more pathetic than the one game they lost at home in 2012.

Sad, jumped up, deluded morons is the best way to describe them. There was me thinking all of the fans had given up on the play-offs, the players do the same and get lambasted by the same people.

I ****ing hate going to home games, I never thought it possible but our support has become even more Wanker infested season after season, thanks to the fans I would imagine another manager will not see the important pre-season and we will be cast back into the same shitty turmoil that surrounds us every season.

Obviously changing the manager will work this time as it has all of the other times, Learn a fecking lesson you plebs.....

If we sack Pearson I doubt I'll go down next season. 6 months is a ridiculous period to give a manager and shows everything I hate about the modern, quick fix mentality in the game.

This post really depresses me. The majority of Sven's signings were quality. To have brought in as many players as he did, I think that so few failures represents good value. Matt Mills is sited as the biggest waste of money. I do not know how one decides if he was worth £5m, £2m or whatever. I will also admit that he took some time settling in, but he was, is now, and always will be, better quality than Morgan. If Pearson stays, I think that he will lose as many of the Mills type of player as he can and bring in more Drinkwaters and Morgans. These are players who have no development left and are, at best mid-Championship quality. I fear that we have the one star permitted in a Pearson team in Marshall.

I would really, really like to hear a detailed explanation as to why you believe this, is it becuase of his price tag? His past performances? Becuase from what we've seen this season, it looks like we've been absolutely ripped off at £3.5 million, or whatever we initially paid for him. His sendings off alone have almost certainly cost us points and his attitude and arrogance stink (I remember he was interviewed and said he would flat out refuse to stop making those clumsy, last ditch tackles that give away numerous penalties and get him sent off because he believed they stopped more goalscoring opportunites. Arrogant). Matt Mills came with a lofty reputation and has achieved nothing here. I gave him plenty of time to settle in and perform, but he has done nothing apart from get sent off a bunch of times and throw his toys out of the pram. The fact that Reading haven't even missed him speaks volumes.

Morgan has been a consitently good, if not spectacular defender in the Championship for a while now. He made the Championship team of the year last season, where was Mills in that list? If you look at Southampton, Reading, West Ham they've all got solid, dependable defenders who are, in truth, good championship defenders. Morgan fits that bill, he is solid, dependable and from what we've seen so far, a model professional. You can't say any of that for Matt Mills.

If we bring in players who are committed, solid and dependable Championship players (Morgan) or young players with real potential and talent (Drinkwater and Marshall) for a fraction of the price we paid for Matt Mills, I'll be a very happy Leicester fan. If Pearson dispenses with players who are overpaid, overrated, arrogant and with a poor attitude (Matt Mills in a nutshell) then I'll also be very happy.

I'd take a Marshall, Drinkwater and Morgan over Matt Mills any day of the week. They present far, far better value for money and so far they've shown more in half a season than Matt Mills has since he joined the club. I had so much time for him when he came here, but I cannot wait to be shot of him now.

If we sack Pearson I doubt I'll go down next season. 6 months is a ridiculous period to give a manager and shows everything I hate about the modern, quick fix mentality in the game.

Bang on, I can take no pleasure in seeing new managers this often, In a way I can sympathise with some fans because they don't have long enough to build a connection with a manager, however it's often their bitching and booing after 6 months of management that get's them the boot in the 1st place.

Sick of our short sighted approach to everything, I'm quite close to turning my back on home games altogether.

I would really, really like to hear a detailed explanation as to why you believe this, .

Mills is quicker and wins more in the air than Morgan.

If Mills has done something to upset the team/NP then get rid, but lets not pretend that Morgan is better.

Mills is quicker and wins more in the air than Morgan.
I'll give you the quicker bit, not sure about in the air. I feel more confident with Morgan in the team as opposed to Mills, but the player I'd like shipped out is Bamba. He just can't defend for 90 minutes on a week-in week-out basis.

I didn't like the recent past, I haven't liked the present, and last night gave me an insight into the future of Leicester City Football Club...I didn't like that either.

A club geared towards corporate clients, across the world internet streams and affluent families spending over a £100 a match on tickets, blue candy floss and inflatable balloon animals. A future where the football has become a pastiche of itself and the finer points of the game are lost on those who spend over £30 simply to boo the players they are meant to be supporting; booing them because others do it and therefore they can't be contributing to the win they paid to see.

Go the whole hog, Top: have the match taking place while stunt motorcycles circle the track, lions are made to stand on podiums in the centre circle and the 18 yard boxes are flooded and filled with sharks.

I didn't recognise my club last night, I didn't recognise my fellow supporters and if I'd paid to go I'd have wanted my money back. Regardless of the performance, last night held a very remote chance of getting into the playoffs - but the first 45 minutes was the quietest I've ever known the ground. People may claim the players failed to make an effort but the gutless support must hang heavy on them.

If I were connected with the club I'd be making my agent find me anything just so I didn't have to return to the KP next season because they aren't as lucky as me - I'm simply not going to go.

I'll give you the quicker bit, not sure about in the air. I feel more confident with Morgan in the team as opposed to Mills, but the player I'd like shipped out is Bamba. He just can't defend for 90 minutes on a week-in week-out basis.

Last night summed Bamba up for me. Amazing last ditch tackle to deny Austin a goal, but the only reason Austin had the chance was because Bamba was nowhere near him for the original cross.

Still doesnt stop the blue mongies singing "Sol, Sol Bamba"

Still doesnt stop the blue mongies singing "Sol, Sol Bamba"

Whoa, whoa, whoa there

The fans are complete wankers when they inevitably vent their frustration at a season full of dullard mediocrity

But they are also wankers when they sing up and actually support the players

I'd love to be the perfect fan that most of you think you so obviously are

I didn't like the recent past, I haven't liked the present, and last night gave me an insight into the future of Leicester City Football Club...I didn't like that either.

A club geared towards corporate clients, across the world internet streams and affluent families spending over a £100 a match on tickets, blue candy floss and inflatable balloon animals. A future where the football has become a pastiche of itself and the finer points of the game are lost on those who spend over £30 simply to boo the players they are meant to be supporting; booing them because others do it and therefore they can't be contributing to the win they paid to see.

Go the whole hog, Top: have the match taking place while stunt motorcycles circle the track, lions are made to stand on podiums in the centre circle and the 18 yard boxes are flooded and filled with sharks.

I didn't recognise my club last night, I didn't recognise my fellow supporters and if I'd paid to go I'd have wanted my money back. Regardless of the performance, last night held a very remote chance of getting into the playoffs - but the first 45 minutes was the quietest I've ever known the ground. People may claim the players failed to make an effort but the gutless support must hang heavy on them.

If I were connected with the club I'd be making my agent find me anything just so I didn't have to return to the KP next season because they aren't as lucky as me - I'm simply not going to go.

Probably the poor quality on your internet stream. Good to know you're part of the solution!

Whoa, whoa, whoa there

The fans are complete wankers when they inevitably vent their frustration at a season full of dullard mediocrity

But they are also wankers when they sing up and actually support the players

I'd love to be the perfect fan that most of you think you so obviously are

I have no problem with fans supporting a player when he does something good. I do question if they are actually watching the game when they chant a players name who keeps making mistakes.

It doesnt mean they have to boo him, just not idolise him.

Right, this is going to be a long one, so bear with me...

I think we're probably alright for strikers now - I would expect Beckford and Nugent to hit double figures next season, and with Waghorn returning and the emergence of Schlupp and to a much lesser extent, Tom Hopper, we've got some options on the bench if needs be.

They may hit double figures if you mean 15 or so goals each, but we desperately lack a proper 20+ goal a season striker in order to become a leading Championship team. There is nothing to suggest that Nugent or Beckford will ever become a Lambert, a Vaz Te, or a Graham.

Waghorn has done nothing since the 09/10 season and Schlupp is nowhere near the finished article. To have them as the only options behind Nugent and Beckford is woefully insuffiecient and basically means that Nugent and Beckford have no competition for their places if they perform badly.

Disappointing imo that Pearson is still no nearer solving the inconsistency problem thats basically ruined the season. Needs a quick start next season, or he is sure to be a gonna imo.

They may hit double figures if you mean 15 or so goals each, but we desperately lack a proper 20+ goal a season striker in order to become a leading Championship team. There is nothing to suggest that Nugent or Beckford will ever become a Lambert, a Vaz Te, or a Graham.

Waghorn has done nothing since the 09/10 season and Schlupp is nowhere near the finished article. To have them as the only options behind Nugent and Beckford is woefully insuffiecient and basically means that Nugent and Beckford have no competition for their places if they perform badly.

If they both score around 15 goals each, we won't need this fabled '20 goal a season' striker.

Reading have been promoted with their top scoring striker netting just 11 times in the league. Lambert has scored a lot of goals for Southampton, but how many have the rest of their strikers scored? Cole and Vaz Te have only scored about 20 between them at West Ham and King has only scored 18 at Birmingham.

If we have two strikers who score 15 goals each in the Championship, that will be more than enough. We don't need one striker to score 20+ goals if we have two who can score around 30 between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669