Post Match Leicester 0 Manchester City 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that I saw Soumare being driven away from the ground before the game. BR confirmed afterwards that he wasn't injured. Odd.

If we were midtable I'd have hoped we'd try and get something from today's game. Given the battle we've put ourselves in keeping it less embarrassing and not having a too awful goal difference will do. As for Madders, he'll be off so the more teams in for his signature the better.

We played it tactically bang on.

Man City, although boring to watch will open up 99% of teams who play expansively.

We defended superbly with Ward barely making any saves of note.

Vardy was isolated but that was always going to be the case as we needed 5 at the back.

Changed it on 70 minutes to 2 up top and sacrificed defence.

I don’t think the manager or the players could have done much more.

Beaten by a wonder free kick and the fingertips and bar.

Very happy with the performance, although I admit, it wasn’t exciting.

I'm not sure how people can be impressed with Rodgers tactical approach today when it was exactly the same as he always does against them. I'm sure Pep was thoroughly prepared for exactly what we did. That's the opposite of good management. Especially when it very rarely works.

I thought it was a terrible game of football. Two managers whose egos means far more than entertaining supporters. In the first 70 mins almost every player was stood still or walking for 90% of the time. It was absolutely awful viewing and if you cannot see that I'm afraid you've been indocrinated into the con trick that this is how football should be played. It's really not. I was so bored.

Nothing much wrong with the individual performances. I can't understand why you'd start with Vardy and then have him do a man marking job on Rodri. What was the point? Surely, bringing him into the game later on would have made more sense.

His selection of Soyuncu was the action of a very bitter man. Played him on the left side and he continually got the ball on his wrong foot with Justin (also on the wrong side) his only option. Every time he tried to play out Rodgers screamed abuse at him.

I agreed with taking off Dewsbury-Hall at half time as he was rabbit in the headlights. It was extremely optimistic to think that he could play as one of two in central midfield. He's obviously not good enough for that and his passing was once again shown up for being piss poor.

When the half time whistle went, Grealish went straight up to the ref and screamed at him for not getting decisions. Hardly a surprise that the ref then blew for him whenever he could in the second half. The dark arts which they are very good at (once again they fouled us every time we broke on them without being penalised) whilst we're weak as piss.
I said to my Dad the game is boring as **** and if we had watched it at home I'd of switched the TV off.
I would imagine that almost every team sets up defensively against Man C how the **** their fans can stand watching that is beyond me because I certainly couldn't

I thought Rodgers set us up nicely it's just a pity KDH was ****ing awful in the 1st half as we had some decent chances, we was done by a Grealish dive and a worldie from KDB.
What I got from that is we look very good again and I'm looking forward to going to Everton next weekend

Leeds tonight are everything we weren't earlier today. Brave, bright, feisty, unpredictable. They've taken on a 'superior' opponent and beaten them showing admirable guts and effort.

We've got a much better side than Leeds too. In a relegation battle, you can't play scared like we do. It's pathetic.

We're back in the relegation zone where we deserve to be.

Leeds tonight are everything we weren't earlier today. Brave, bright, feisty, unpredictable. They've taken on a 'superior' opponent and beaten them showing admirable guts and effort.

We've got a much better side than Leeds too. In a relegation battle, you can't play scared like we do. It's pathetic.
Liverpool are shite.

Liverpool were shit too though. Far too lackadaisical and played like they had a divine right to win.

Liverpool were shit too though. Far too lackadaisical and played like they had a divine right to win.

I could say the same about Man City earlier. Any time late on we attacked them, they shit themselves. Their defence looked shaky as can be. But we were too scared.

Yeah. I mean Liverpool were totally shit and already fragile after being beaten by Forest. They're also a shadow of the team Manchester City are at the moment.

It's not really the best of comparisons is it.

There's a big difference between playing this season's man city and this season's Liverpool. We could get a point or 3 off Liverpool ffs. We absolutely deserve to be bottom 3 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669