Post Match Leicester 0 Newcastle 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were slower, weaker, worse and put in little effort in every area.

They were quicker, stronger, better and worked harder in every area.
Yep. They played like they have something to play for. We played like it didn't really matter. I think they'll be plenty more performances like that this season. It's all about scrambling to 40 points.

I honestly think we need a significant clear out of players. Too many who don't really want it enough and are going through the motions. Rodgers was right in the summer. We needed change.

That was a complete and utter disgrace.

Plenty of players need to decide if they even want to play football for a living

Work shy bunch of wankers

P. S. Modern football in the PL is boring as ****

I left over 10 minutes early for the 1st time in 30 years today

I left over 10 minutes early for the 1st time in 30 years today

You gave up with 10 to go and I gave up before 10 were played. Fair ****s to you. I've watched some horse racing and the tiger who came to tea (about 10 times).

we've had some good finishes in the last few years and only realistically lost Kasper (wes was always ****ing injured). Despite this we're now aiming for battling to 40 points ffs. We've still got players playing (and a manager) who want away and others we'd jump at getting rid of in the starting 11. The whole season is a ****ing joke tbh.

I stopped watching after 10 but Newcastle are everything we're not. Together, hard working and well drilled.

I also left early. I had to fight my instinct to leave at half time but hung on until the last 10.

Absolutely fecking horrendous. Everything was shambolic. 11 strangers playing with a friendly game attitude against a mediocre but keen opponent.

I've said it many times but Ward, Amartey and Thomas are not PL standard players. Yes, they will sometimes do okay but they've simply not good enough quality for this level on a consistent basis. Today was one of those days where it was just obvious.

Soumare isn't a holding midfielder. He's a box to box type. Playing him deep and constantly giving him the ball on the edge of his area facing his own goal is almost deliberate sabotage.

However, ladies and gentlemen, I must single out Harvey Lewis Barnes. He gave one of those legendary Boxing Day 1963 performances where he still looked pissed. He was so diabolical that I'd guarantee that I could do better and I'm over 50 and haven't kicked a ball in more than a decade. That absolute charlatan of a professional is now 25 years old and shows the level of responsibility of someone in an U10s side. ****ing pathetic attitude and input pal.

Can’t wait for him to leave if I’m being honest.

It was sad, depressing and bordering on embarrassing at the ground today. I don’t know how some of you have endured it this season. I thought it was a ****ing horrible experience. It took every bit of discipline I had not to throw an almighty strop.

And let’s be honest, the fans are sitting there in silence, letting the club get away with it. There is so much apathy or outright denial.

I’m more convinced than ever we’ve had it this season if he remains in charge long term.

Can't believe anyone was griping about the World Cup, when we could have been having more of this instead

This was brilliant managership: we won't get into Europe via the league so, BR has made Newcastle think that the Carabao Cup match will be easy!

And let’s be honest, the fans are sitting there in silence, letting the club get away with it. There is so much apathy or outright denial.

I've just used the apathy thing in another discussion. Fans, the board, the manager.....we're all just coasting along as the reality is that we're not going to sack him and this season is a waste of time at best and a disaster at worst. Ticket prices etc all go up yet our ambition has gone from challenging European places/winning a cup to finishing outside the bottom 3.

Our slow start was the reason we lost - we then got flustered and were defensively poor.

If we started more aggressively, I think we could've got something from the game.

The rest of the match we were better, kept the ball, defensively strong, and huffed and puffed.

Not time to panic again. We've lost 3 in the last 10 matches in the league, zoom out a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566