Post Match Leicester 0 Tottenham 2 - FA cup replay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that bothered by going out of the cup but I'm saddened by another thoroughly boring, negative performance.

We used to be a gung ho free scoring bombscare of a team, then we became a counter attacking team, now we're a team that plays for clean sheets but rarely gets them, can barely keep the ball, and can't score goals.

I've got faith in Ranieri to turn things around, but perhaps I shouldn't, given strong starts followed by a dramatic declines have been regular occurrences throughout his career.

...I've got faith in Ranieri to turn things around, but perhaps I shouldn't, given strong starts followed by a dramatic declines have been regular occurrences throughout his career.

And the prize for the most ludicrous over reaction of the evening goes to......

Can someone find the key to the safe house please I think it needs dusting.

Disappointing to go out the cup and the way we played but 10 days ago I'd have bitten someone's hand off if it meant 3 points and a cup exit.

Shame we didn't threaten very much but Ulloa is not a solo striker so we can't go for that again.

Gray and Chillwell looked impressive so positives there and Inler looked better playing in the 2 in the 2nd half.

Dyer was poor so Gray has to be ahead of him now but I'd leave him on the bench for Saturday. Albrighton has been very good and Gray needs to work on his covering.

Back to the usual 4-4-2 for Stoke with the regular 11 but no sitting back so much, get into them and attack like we did to teams earlier in the season and we'll do 'em.

Disappointing to go out the cup and the way we played but 10 days ago I'd have bitten someone's hand off if it meant 3 points and a cup exit.

Shame we didn't threaten very much but Ulloa is not a solo striker so we can't go for that again.

Gray and Chillwell looked impressive so positives there and Inler looked better playing in the 2 in the 2nd half.

Dyer was poor so Gray has to be ahead of him now but I'd leave him on the bench for Saturday. Albrighton has been very good and Gray needs to work on his covering.

Back to the usual 4-4-2 for Stoke with the regular 11 but no sitting back so much, get into them and attack like we did to teams earlier in the season and we'll do 'em.
I'll say it again,I'd drop Mahrez to the bench for Stoke.

I thought Benny looked very good again. I'm surprised we've not seen more of him.

Chilwell looks great on the ball, but his defending was not quite there yet. Not surprising really. There are very few 19 year old who are fantastic defenders. I think he's going to be very good though. If he defended as well as Simpson then we'd have the next England left back.

Dyer was crap. Ulloa struggled by himself up front. Didn't do enough when he had support. Was struggled tonight. Inglar Nd king never really got a grip on the game.

Oh well, hopefully another 20 mins will do Vardy some good and well get back to winning ways on Saturday

Well there is not one of the fringe players who can complain about not playing regularly in the first team, with the exception of Gray and Chilwell who both did very well the rest were very poor.

Hopefully the signing of Amartey and a new striker plus the lack of any other distractions or fixture congestion will mean a return to the high intensity playing style that served us so well and give us fresh impetus to kick on and secure a place in champions league.

I'll say it again,I'd drop Mahrez to the bench for Stoke.

Well stop saying it then.

He's been off form but the complete negativity from the last half dozen or so games hasn't helped his, or any of the other attacking players game.

He's still our only player who can create/score from nothing so dropping him is extreme imo but now we have Gray he's got more pressure on him. He set the bar ridiculously high with his performances in the first half of the season so it has to be expected that it wouldn't sustain.

And the prize for the most ludicrous over reaction of the evening goes to......

Can someone find the key to the safe house please I think it needs dusting.

I did say I have faith in Ranieri to turn it around, and my reaction is to our recent form not just tonight. But it's a fact that Ranieri's teams do tend to go off the boil in quite a big way. It's something I can't help being concerned about when I see us failing to score in three consecutive home games.

Surely Ranieri saw in the first cup game that Ulloa can't play on his own up front. Although some would argue he can't play at all.

I did say I have faith in Ranieri to turn it around, and my reaction is to our recent form not just tonight. But it's a fact that Ranieri's teams do tend to go off the boil in quite a big way. It's something I can't help being concerned about when I see us failing to score in three consecutive home games.

Yep, we really need to prise open the safe house doors. Jebus.

Surely Ranieri saw in the first cup game that Ulloa can't play on his own up front. Although some would argue he can't play at all.

Ulloa up front on his own was necessity though wasn't it? If Claudio wanted to rest Okazaki and Vardy then what other option did we have? We don't have a 4th established striker.

I hope we don't play 451 in any more league games though, because it's clearly not our best formation.

What did Filbert do?
CZMcNOtWwAEcgz1.png:large

filbertphotobomb.JPG

The next 4 games are absolutely massive. Get through them and it's perhaps between us and Spurs for 3rd place. Spurs have a lot of games to play and are a talented team but it's a young side and can still be lightweight. They won't cope.

We will look back on this night and see the benefit

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673