Post Match Leicester 1 Ipswich 1

What’s the point in letting the game get that stretched? We do it all the time, end up playing with no intention of keeping the ball in the opposition’s half and yet scatter our players all over the pitch.

This ridiculous approach of putting multiple players out on the touchline while the entire opposition team is in our half.

It’s starting to feel like they don’t even acknowledge mistakes, let alone learn from them.

Will we **** this up?
It’s not beyond the realms of possibility. It’s gone a bit arrogant and they really, desperately need to pull their heads out of their arses, especially Faes, Vestergaard and Hermansen.

We were good in the first half, made them look average. There’s no game management in these big games though, the only time Maresca actively wants to make subs seems to be when he feels the game is won.

We’re missing some key players but that’s no excuse.

Need to shake this habit of conceding late goals. That’s not going to be good for us

What’s the point in letting the game get that stretched? We do it all the time, end up playing with no intention of keeping the ball in the opposition’s half and yet scatter our players all over the pitch.

This ridiculous approach of putting multiple players out on the touchline while the entire opposition team is in our half.

It’s starting to feel like they don’t even acknowledge mistakes, let alone learn from them.

This is the problem with a philosophy as the twats call it. Plan A was the name for it back in the day. I'd like to think there'll be a lesson learned at some point.

Confidence and belief is a funny thing. Starting to feel as though the team are talking themselves into a negative mindset. If Southampton and Ipswich can get within 3 points we will collapse.

I’m starting to wonder if Maresca simply doesn’t trust the players on the bench to do what he wants them to do.

Which by now should tell him that maybe he needs to change what he’s asking them to do.

I still think we’ll get promoted comfortably, not before we’ve had our arses handed to us by Southampton and away at Leeds. They’ll want to beat us badly and we’ll be more or less unable to do anything about it.

Time for Coady I reckon. Fresh eyes and a fresh voice. That trio of Faes, Vestergaard and Hermansen seem to have gone stale. We require a lot from them in terms of creativity and bravery and I’m not seeing it so much now, whether it’s arrogance, tiredness or what I don’t know.

Not going to lie… this has massively ****ed me off. I’m going to pretend football doesn’t exist for a few days.
Same here. I said it after the away game against these, there’s nothing worse than not beating a shit team who think they’re good.

Well, that was a ****ing awful, abject display for the second 45. We were so wasteful but we were still in absolute cruise mode and total control until they made their subs. Our manager had no reaction to them and that was ludicrous. It was obvious that they would be flooding midfield and trying to push us as far back as they could and we let them. We had plenty of opportunity to counter that by changing shape and or personnel but we didn't. When the change did come, we took off KDH and in his place, brought on a winger. Yunus just isn't a CM and definitely not one that will do the hard and dirty work that KDH does.

It's a point and that's another one closer to promotion and that's a positive but I am more angry about this game than any other this season. It was so ****ing obvious what they were doing and our dopey ****ing bench couldn't or refused to see it. I'll tell you this though, I will keep on banging this drum; our squad is nothing like as deep or as strong as some folk on here and some of the media morons think. As soon as we lose both Ndidi and KDH we are royally ****ed. We have little to no midfield presence without them. Having only one of them has proved a real struggle for us but as soon as KDH went off tonight it was curtains. Casadei wasn't an answer, Yunus certainly isn't and Praet can't get anywhere near the team because, well, he's a bit shit. Lose one of our CBs and I think we'd be pretty stuffed as well.

We were so much better in the first half, and so shit in the second, I can only imagine that Cambiasso wasn't answering his phone so Enzo had to do the half-time talk himself....

Well, that was a ****ing awful, abject display for the second 45. We were so wasteful but we were still in absolute cruise mode and total control until they made their subs. Our manager had no reaction to them and that was ludicrous. It was obvious that they would be flooding midfield and trying to push us as far back as they could and we let them. We had plenty of opportunity to counter that by changing shape and or personnel but we didn't. When the change did come, we took off KDH and in his place, brought on a winger. Yunus just isn't a CM and definitely not one that will do the hard and dirty work that KDH does.

It's a point and that's another one closer to promotion and that's a positive but I am more angry about this game than any other this season. It was so ****ing obvious what they were doing and our dopey ****ing bench couldn't or refused to see it. I'll tell you this though, I will keep on banging this drum; our squad is nothing like as deep or as strong as some folk on here and some of the media morons think. As soon as we lose both Ndidi and KDH we are royally ****ed. We have little to no midfield presence without them. Having only one of them has proved a real struggle for us but as soon as KDH went off tonight it was curtains. Casadei wasn't an answer, Yunus certainly isn't and Praet can't get anywhere near the team because, well, he's a bit shit. Lose one of our CBs and I think we'd be pretty stuffed as well.

We were so much better in the first half, and so shit in the second, I can only imagine that Cambiasso wasn't answering his phone so Enzo had to do the half-time talk himself....
And I would go one further and say that injury prone guy we are looking at is likely not the answer.

I'll tell you this though, I will keep on banging this drum; our squad is nothing like as deep or as strong as some folk on here and some of the media morons think.
Are you saying that you don’t think it’s a good policy to look at whichever position you’re missing a player in that week and just sticking Hamza Choudhury there?

And I would go one further and say that injury prone guy we are looking at is likely not the answer.

Yeah but more injuries = more chances to shoehorn Hamza in. Win win.

I'm really struggling to like EM.

I don't like his insistence on playing backwards when forwards is on. I don't like his lack of ambition when ahead. I don't like his stubborn approach to substitutions. I don't like his 'ze system is all zat matters' ways. He does have a number of good qualities and he's done many good things as manager but ultimately he's a safety first Italian manager who prioritises his tactics over any interest in entertainment.

Wasn't it blindingly obvious that we were going to chuck that game late on? I'm mildly surprised that we didn't lose it. The shape went to total shit and he did nothing to address it. Choudhury went into Jack Russell mode. Faes went full blown chaos. Ricardo was running on empty and . . . nothing.

Meanwhile, I loved the approach of the Ipswich manager. He had far inferior players to us at his disposal but totally out-thought EM. I loved his way of isolating Vestergaard ready for a long ball that nearly worked once but terrified me throughout. Did EM do anything about it? Of course not because that would mean changing ze system. If the two managers swapped squads tonight, McKenna would have absolutely battered EM.

Promotion should be a formality but if anyone could blow this, it would be us. I strongly suspect that EM would be absolutely ruined by a season in the PL. He doesn't look capable of adjusting to circumstances at all. Sacked by Xmas either way I reckon.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463