Post Match Leicester 1 Middlesborough 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're quite the intellectual aren't you? Spewing personal insults like that really showed me what for

Why yes, yes I am, some people deserve a certain level of response Macky, if you dont like it then I suggest you stop acting like a ****y goat.

Why yes, yes I am, some people deserve a certain level of response Macky, if you dont like it then I suggest you stop acting like a ****y goat.

I don't even know what the blustering **** a "****y goat" is or what it is supposed to mean, and I'm fairly sure that you don't either.

Just a quick mention to imo our most underrated performer this season: Ritchie De Laet.

Was unsure about him at the start of the season, but he's just got better and better as the season has gone on and now I just want to say he's been excellent for us this season.

Last edited:
Two things that shouldn't be underestimated about tonight's game. One - despite their poor run, Boro are a very good side. And two - bearing in mind the conditions, that was a decent game of football.

To listen to the commentators, Boro were fighting relegation and did well to compete with the mighty Leicester. It was embarrassing.

I don't even know what the blustering **** a "****y goat" is or what it is supposed to mean, and I'm fairly sure that you don't either.

Don't sorry Mackster, some people are just trying to be cocking twatty tapirs like normal and succeeding.

No one seems to consider the many non-season ticket holders who had bought tickets for this match but were genuinely unable to get to the game. At least several thousand people have lost their money.

And the question that surely everyone wants to know the answer to is what the hell are the club going to do with all those leftover pies?!

Back to the game...

Morgan, Nugent and Wood outstanding. Whilst I raised doubts over Woods touch in his debut game (thanks for reminding me :icon_cry:), tonight I thought he was outstanding. His awareness and link up play was superb. His ability to lay a first time ball off to a supporting player was a real strength. He was really unlucky with the header that hit the post, which ended a great bit of play.

I thought Keane was slightly suspect. At times he looks class (his pass out wide to Marshall) but then he has moments of slight panic (the handball incident). I also thought Konchesky had the occasional lapse, though nothing too bad.

For me, another positive has been the emergence of James. He has gone from being a relatively unknown, to a player that could be integral to our success. He has a good engine, keeps the ball well and looks to have a fair bit of strength and grit that we have needed in the middle.

It was a brave move for Pearson to play 4 midfielders against their 5 but it paid off. At times I thought we looked a little stretched but we coped - just. What an exciting future we have with this young team. Today we can sit back, relaxed and see how the other fixtures unfold. Great stuff.

Congratulations to the club for getting the game on - and the same to the team for 3 vital points.

Those who were moaning about the weather and safety issues want to grow up.

When I was a lad we would walk 6 miles to the ground on such occasions even though the odds were strongly on the match being called off - and you couldn't rely on the Corporation buses or Midland Red to provide transport always.

I couldn't care less whether last night was driven by Sky money - we got the points and that's all that matters. If people didn't think they were safe to go or it was a bit chill - then they should know what to do. Wrap or warm or stay by the telly.

... I thought Keane was slightly suspect. At times he looks class (his pass out wide to Marshall) but then he has moments of slight panic (the handball incident).

Just to point out that whilst he's been on the pitch in a blue shirt, only the Huddersfield consolation has gone in our end, and as he celebrated his 20th birthday last week, I can cut him some slack on the unfinished article bits. I also expect game time alongside Wes and co will see him come on in leaps and bounds.

At the moment, the conundrum of last year, "How can a Pearson side be so fragile in defence?" has been answered as this lad has come in to play alongside Wes. I'm reminded of MON's masterstroke in signing Julian Watts - which for whatever reason had a calming and hugely positive effect on our promotion campaign then.

Otherwise - totally agree with the other plaudits.

What complete and utter bollocks.

At last, someone with sense! With the highways agency telling us not to undertake unnecessary journeys, to go ahead with the game was madness. With players and officials not getting to the stadium till 7, it underlies the madness. If it wasn't a sky game, it wouldn't have gone ahead.

Not everyone is in full health and ability to take such risks. Many disabled and elderly fans were unable to attend. It is irresponsible with such road chaos for the game to go ahead and add more to the already mad roads yesterday.

The result , Sky 1- Common Sense 0

Great result though!

At last, someone with sense! With the highways agency telling us not to undertake unnecessary journeys, to go ahead with the game was madness. With players and officials not getting to the stadium till 7, it underlies the madness. If it wasn't a sky game, it wouldn't have gone ahead.

Not everyone is in full health and ability to take such risks. Many disabled and elderly fans were unable to attend. It is irresponsible with such road chaos for the game to go ahead and add more to the already mad roads yesterday.

The result , Sky 1- Common Sense 0

Great result though!

You're absolutely right.

Congratulations to the club for getting the game on - and the same to the team for 3 vital points.

When I was a lad we would walk 6 miles to the ground on such occasions even though the odds were strongly on the match being called off - and you couldn't rely on the Corporation buses or Midland Red to provide transport always.

I couldn't care less whether last night was driven by Sky money - we got the points and that's all that matters. If people didn't think they were safe to go or it was a bit chill - then they should know what to do. Wrap or warm or stay by the telly.

We walked too and from the stadium last night getting home around 11:15 the point is that 10,000 to 12,000 people with tickets were not able or willing to get to the game (attendance was around 8,500). The ground and areas around it were ok and the match was obviously a positive.

Just to point out that whilst he's been on the pitch in a blue shirt, only the Huddersfield consolation has gone in our end, and as he celebrated his 20th birthday last week, I can cut him some slack on the unfinished article bits. I also expect game time alongside Wes and co will see him come on in leaps and bounds.

At the moment, the conundrum of last year, "How can a Pearson side be so fragile in defence?" has been answered as this lad has come in to play alongside Wes. I'm reminded of MON's masterstroke in signing Julian Watts - which for whatever reason had a calming and hugely positive effect on our promotion campaign then.

Otherwise - totally agree with the other plaudits.

I genuinely thought Pearson has lost the plot - but he has since shown the qualities why most of us were so pleased that he was brought back. The previous defensive weakness was a puzzle given Pearson's strengthens but he has sorted it.

On Vardy I believe Pearson and supporters have asked too much. But it is quite possible that this season is a learning season for him and he will be better next season - on the otherhand it may be a step too far for him.

Some people had no choice in the matter. Conditions in the county were awful, the roads were terrible, and the public transport companies suspended their services. It was also a weekday evening kick off; many have to work and wouldn't have made it to the game because they weren't able to leave early to get there.

I disagree that winning is the main thing. What's the point of winning in a near-empty stadium? Who are they supposed to be winning for?

Hmm, being disabled, and living in coventry, options of just walking and leaving early we're non starters. It was taking 3 hours to get out the city. Add prob another 2-3 hours to get into Leicester then wouldn't have been an option. There are many people who put in a lot of miles and effort to support the club and sometimes you would just like a certain modicum of consideration in return. I understand the economics behind it, it's just how things are these days. I know it's our choice to do so but that game going ahead flew in the face of all the other national agency advice.

We know the country grinds to a halt, and it is pathetic, but its also well known!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669